0404 SPDIF from iMac - not working
Jun 6, 2007 at 6:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

senns&nonsense

500+ Head-Fier
My 0404 USB does not seem to be registering the optical spdif input from the mini-optical to toslink cable. What are the proper settings (on both ends) for the EMU to process the SPDIF input?

Thanks for your help.

Jun 8, 2007 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 5
is any other part functioning? does it get detected in the control panel under sound devices? is this OSX?

Jun 9, 2007 at 12:20 PM Post #4 of 5
You want to hit the utilities folder or Spotlight and look for:
Audio-MIDI-Configuration
Check that Standard Output is set to "Audio (Integrated)" and Audio Output below is set up correctly. 44,1KHz / 16 bit should work.
If trouble persists, check if you are getting signal on the cable end when playing music (there should be a red light
wink.gif
)

Jun 11, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #5 of 5
I apologize for not getting back to this thread for awhile- and thanks for the input.

Yes, I am running OSX. I am currently using the USB connection to the EMU and it works fine - sounds great actually. But I was trying to test the SPDIF output and the EMU does not seem to "see" the input. I am runninga mini-to to toslink out of the headphone jack. I do see the red light so the Mac is sending a signal apparently Lights on EMU are as follows...

SPDIF - red
Direct MonitorSPDIF - red
Sync - internal is red / external is red flashing
Rest off (except for power!)

I have been in Audio Midi setup and tried every combo I think. Always plays through USB. Does not play if USB disconnected.

Thanks for any help if you note that I am missing something obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back