0404 On The Way! A Few Questions?
Jul 12, 2005 at 10:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

TheGreenBastard

New Head-Fier
I've had my 0404 ordered for over a week and I get an email today asking me to confirm my address because they thought it was wrong and have not shipped it out yet. You get that a lot when you live where I do. Anyway while I wait I have a few questions for you guys.

Any problem with a 0404 & a Revo 7.1 coexisting? I need the Revo for the "Multi CH In" on my ht amp for surround gaming. I use my other PC setup with a Audigy2 ZS most of the time for PC games so if I have to ditch the Revo it's not a big deal.

If I connect a digital input can the 0404 convert it analog and pass through the analog output?

Can I use the analog in & out as a loop out and connect my sat receiver to the analog input and pass it through the analog output to my amp? Thanks.

Jul 13, 2005 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 6
Wow! No one knows the answer to any of these questions??? I guess I will sort it out for myself when the card gets here. Very surprised!
eek.gif

Jul 13, 2005 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreenBastard
I've had my 0404 ordered for over a week and I get an email today asking me to confirm my address because they thought it was wrong and have not shipped it out yet. You get that a lot when you live where I do. Anyway while I wait I have a few questions for you guys.

I'll give it a shot..

Quote:

Any problem with a 0404 & a Revo 7.1 coexisting? I need the Revo for the "Multi CH In" on my ht amp for surround gaming. I use my other PC setup with a Audigy2 ZS most of the time for PC games so if I have to ditch the Revo it's not a big deal.

Nope, the only times things get sticky is when the audio cards share driver files (0404 + Audigy 2 for example) both use the EMU10k2 chipset. Your revo should co-exist with any other non m-audio card nicely.

Quote:

If I connect a digital input can the 0404 convert it analog and pass through the analog output?

Can I use the analog in & out as a loop out and connect my sat receiver to the analog input and pass it through the analog output to my amp? Thanks.

1st question, yes, as long as the digital input is PCM 2 channel (up to 24/192khz).

2nd question, yes, but you wouldnt be using the DAC on the 0404 when giving it an analog line-level signal. If your trying to combine digital input and analog input to the 0404's analog output, it should work fine, I haven't tried it myself.

The hardest part with the 0404 is figuring out it's software, so use the search feature on this forum if you have any questions about that, because it's been covered here and there.

Best of luck with your e-mu! And don't forget to download the updates off emu.com,
-Joe

Jul 14, 2005 at 5:39 AM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, there shouldn't be a problem with any of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back