0404 Mod Gone Wrong Help!
Dec 6, 2004 at 7:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

llmobll

500+ Head-Fier
OK so I removed all 4 output caps aswell as the output buffers. From this thread

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...light=0404+mod

Now I get no sound. Everything is working, foobar does give me playback, and Patchmix shows the card working, but I get no sound. Help!

I think the problem in the jumpered Buffer points I jumperd 1&2 then 6&7. What did I do wrong!!!

!!

Dec 6, 2004 at 7:15 AM Post #2 of 5
Ok i think i got it. I had to bridge 1,2,3 together and 5,6,7 right ? Can anyone confirm?

Dec 6, 2004 at 7:22 AM Post #3 of 5
Yes success!!!

When jumpering the Buffers you must connect 1-2-3 together and 5-6-7 together.

Dec 6, 2004 at 7:25 AM Post #4 of 5
congrats on figuring that out
smily_headphones1.gif
hear any improvments? ( I know its not really a/b able
tongue.gif
)

Dec 6, 2004 at 7:53 AM Post #5 of 5
Well I've always said that either you hear a difference right away or else it doesn't exist. With just removing the buffers and output buffers I didn't hear a noticable difference.

However while I had the card out of my computer I replaced the opamp with a AD8620AR and I DO INDEED hear a difference. A bit more Mid-range and it is definitely more detailed in the high end. Now I can't decide if i'm really hearing this right, but it sounds a bit bassier, just a bit though.

I've been listening to music all day(study'n) and i'm listening to the same songs to compare.

Bottom Line:
Bit more Mids
Bit more Detail
Bit more bass

I heard most of the change when I rolled the main opamp.

Next mod in line is to change some of the other caps, not sure which though.

Edit: I didn't really notice a change in soundstage, maybe because the 0404 has already a large soundstage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back