0404 Installation Woes, please help
Sep 17, 2005 at 4:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Venro

Head-Fier
I'm trying to install a 0404 I recently purchased, and am having serious problems. The EMU card is replacing an old SBLive. I removed my SBLive via Add/Remove Programs, restarted, and inserted the installation disc. (A quick note - the installataion disc has the 1820 and 1820M logos on it, not the 0404's. Did EMU package the wrong disc?)

Anyway, Windows detects it as an EMU card and assigns it a very ancient, generic driver. However, when I insert the installation disc, I choose my language, and the installer proceeds to tell me that it "does not detect a EMU card on my system". I have the card very securely inserted into a PCI slot. In fact, I have tried multiple PCI slots, and it has not worked.

I have tried to bypass this error message by digging in the CD's subdirectories and extracting the setup.exe for the drivers. It works, but when I reboot my computer as instructed, it locks up at the Windows screen. At this point I have to boot into Safe Mode and System Restore to a point back before I installed the card.

I have tried downloading the latest drivers from EMU's site, but they stupidly say I need to install the drivers off the CD first. What should I do?

Sep 17, 2005 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 18
the installataion disc has the 1820 and 1820M logos on it, not the 0404's. Did EMU package the wrong disc?)

Seems like it..Mine has the 0404 on the left side of the disk. Something is wrong here. I am told the newest drivers do not need the disk, but I have not tried it. go to there web site and take a look..

Sep 17, 2005 at 5:33 AM Post #4 of 18
I did some searching around the head-fi forums, and I found this post:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...oblem+emu+0404

read morphie's reply near the end of the thread. Apparently creative is shipping out the wrong installation CDs to people. The FTP that morphie posted has been taken down
mad.gif

So does anyone have a link to this installation CD file?

Sep 17, 2005 at 11:40 AM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Venro
I'll try those. I was wondering whether or not those were the correct driver revision, though.

Well, if the driver CD image doesn't work, try the rar with the extracted files lower down.

Sep 17, 2005 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Helter Skelter
Well, if the driver CD image doesn't work, try the rar with the extracted files lower down.

Ok, I tried Helter's driver CD image and it told me that it could not find my EMU card, like before.

So I tried Helter's RAR with the extracted files and they told me I needed to install the drivers off the CD first.

So I'm back to square one
frown.gif

Sep 17, 2005 at 8:10 PM Post #10 of 18
I'm not sure this will help you, but I had trouble replacing Audigy with E-MU. Eventually it worked, here's what did it for me.

-removed Audigy card from the computer
-went to safe mode to remove audigy multimedia drivers from control panel -> system -> devices/devicecontrol? (not sure what it's called in english version)
-booted to windows
-installed E-MU drivers and software from CD (trough autorun)
-turned computer off and installed E-MU card
-went to windows and voila, it installed correct drivers

Sep 17, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ttr
-installed E-MU drivers and software from CD (trough autorun)

When I get to this step, the installer tells me I don't have a EMU card installed and exits the installer.

Sep 18, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #12 of 18
UPDATE: I used one of the .inf files off of Helter's RAR file to update the drivers. As it was updating, my computer blue-screened. I restarted, but the driver update worked! Windows now sees the card as a "SB Audigy Audio" card, however. The cool thing is that when I try to run the latest updates downloaded off of EMU's site, they tell me that my version is the latest! Yay!

Now, the bad news. There's no sound coming out. Nothing is muted, all my connections are fine. Also, PatchMix crashes on launch. Something about emupatchmixdsp.dll. What's wrong with this?

Sep 18, 2005 at 3:53 AM Post #13 of 18
Windows now sees the card as a "SB Audigy Audio" card

Is this from your Device Manager under sounds? if so it is wrong..Should say e-mu

I'm thinking you still have SB files hangin around and they are every where after you install

Sep 18, 2005 at 4:35 AM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by sdgserv
Is this from your Device Manager under sounds?

No, it's from the Sound control panel in Windows. In the Device Manager it calls the card a "Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)"

Sep 18, 2005 at 5:31 AM Post #15 of 18
That is... slightly odd, but it is a step in the right direction. Were you able to install PatchMix and get sound out of the card?

Also, did you try running Binary\Drivers\support\i386\ctzapxx.exe, or just the setup.exe in the root directory?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back