$0.50 speaker!
Nov 9, 2007 at 6:45 AM Post #17 of 24
It's bogus. You need magnet to pull on those foil to make those electrical current to produce a sound. < Captain Obvious.

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:08 AM Post #18 of 24
the concept of just taping the exposed wire to the penny makes no sense... wheres the ground? its funny how many people on youtube are actually trying to make it. People are gonna end up just shorting their headphone output on their soundcards...sad

PS: check this out:

http://halaro.com/under.php?id=816

lol?

Nov 9, 2007 at 10:29 AM Post #19 of 24
WOW!
You guys just have have to try this!!!!!!!
I just made a whole souround system that ROCKS!!
OMG the BASS!
OMG the BASS!
OMG the BASS!

Coooool..

Nov 9, 2007 at 3:59 PM Post #21 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's bogus. You need magnet to pull on those foil to make those electrical current to produce a sound. < Captain Obvious.

That's not necessarily true of all transducers - there are piezoelectric systems that run off of regular headphone juice and have no magnets or coils at all.

But i doubt that any such principle is involved here. I can't conceive of how it could work.

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #22 of 24
They sound awesome dude!
not at all tinny, don't believe what read about aluminium drivers!
OMG the BASS
OMG the BASS
OMG the BASS

plainface.gif

Nov 9, 2007 at 4:03 PM Post #23 of 24
Once I can get it all up and running from a trusty AA I will sorted!
Yeeees!

Nov 10, 2007 at 4:25 AM Post #24 of 24
I leaned my set against a jar of brilliant pebbles, the stereo imaging is much better and much more holographic. setmenu was not kidding, the bass from these things will make a skull collapse if you don't keep your mouth open (too much sound pressure!!). Maybe it was the brilliant pebbles that did it for the treble, but it goes so high my dog had an aneurysm...

If anyone was unsure about these things, just try it, you won't regret it.

I'm gonna call in a teleportation tweak on these as soon as my ears quit bleeding from the insane mids these things have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back