0.068uF Caps for C7??
Jun 9, 2004 at 4:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Sovkiller

Proved that despite its huge size the CD3000 can be shoved down one's throat.
I'm looking for a pair of 0.068uF caps for C7 for my PPA, the effect with the ones I have now (0.1uF) are IMO too subtle, and I need to go a little bit more into the midrange, the new diamond buffers offer now a different presentation of the music, so is there any way of getting a couple of good ones from any of the DIYers around, to place and order just for two caps is IMO insane, the shipping will cost me more than the caps, the only requirement is that they should have long leads (about 1" or so) as I have the diamond board on top, and need to play with the space a little bit.....any offer will be really appreciated, I will pay for caps and shipping by first class or regular mail....please I need some charitable DIYer here....

Help!!!!!

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 11
I'll be placing an order with Mouser early next week. If you happen to know a mouser part number that you want, I'll add them to my order.

Note that Mouser does not carry the BC line of caps that Tangent recommends for the C7 position, but they do have the Xicon PF series. They have a .05 and .047 values, but not the .068uF you are looking for.

Let me know.

BPRJam

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 11
Thanks for the reply:
I looking for the 0.068uF specifically, and I do not only need the caps, I need also some advice on which good ones to get, let me take a look at mouser anyway, of if someone know the numbers, please????

I just took a look, the 0.068 are only available in quantities, 100 or more, too many for my use, I just need a couple....

Jun 9, 2004 at 4:56 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by was ist los?
Auricap, Cardas, Multicap, etc. make good .068uf caps. That's what i'm planning for my next amp's bass boost. I find 0.1 too strong.

Where to get them, I mean a couple, not 100 or 500...

Yep but 0.068 will go into the midrange even more, if you find the 0.1 strong, I think that 0.068 will be stronger...in term of freq interaction, now for volume, consider reducing the value of R7....

I just took another look at tose, but those are rated 100VCD minimum, they should be huge, I'm looking for about 25-50 volts range, and none oh them make 0.068uF they make 0.0068uF that is a diferent value...

Jun 9, 2004 at 5:01 AM Post #6 of 11
Try percyaudio.com. I hear he's not the quickest, but you can get small quantities of quality caps. Or try any of the other sellers in the links resource stickied to the diy forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 9, 2004 at 5:05 AM Post #7 of 11
Diycable and Welborne have Cardas. Partsconnexion has Auricap and Multicap. Percy has Multicap and other brands that i forgot. I don't think .068uf will have stronger bass, however, quite the opposite (but then again, i'm probably wrong). Just let us know how it goes.

Jun 9, 2004 at 5:47 AM Post #8 of 11
I was looking ot the BC recommended by tangent on the PPA website, and Digikey carries them and the price is OK, but they seem to have the leads too short, 4mm, any other suggestion.....again those auricaps cardas etc are huge and rated for more than 100VCD unless i was looking at the wron ones, IMO there is no need of such high voltage rating, so if I would go overboard it should be something decent, not 6 inches of leads....

Jun 9, 2004 at 6:05 AM Post #10 of 11
edit: Yeah, you're probably better off soldering extra hookup wire or recycled leads onto a cap rather than requiring long leads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
again those auricaps cardas etc are huge and rated for more than 100VCD unless i was looking at the wron ones, IMO there is no need of such high voltage rating, so if I would go overboard it should be something decent, not 6 inches of leads....

I don't think there's anything wrong with high voltage rating. I think film caps tend to have really high voltage ratings anyway.

{somewhat tangential thought: I believe some people say that (for the same capacitance cap?) a higher voltage rated film cap may sound better. Although these kinds of things vary with your beliefs, setup and hearing.}

Jun 10, 2004 at 5:07 AM Post #11 of 11
I was just looking at input caps, and I was wondering if you looked at the orange drop 715P caps at Mouser? They have .068uf and ~1.25" leads, although they're pretty big, but if you can bend the leads to fit them somehow, they might work for you. (mouser part 75-715P200V0.068)

edit: There's also slightly smaller Panasonic ECQ caps at Digikey (part P3683-ND) with ~1" leads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back