€600 (800$) for a barely used HD800, is it a good deal?, and what did you pay for your HD800's??
Nov 5, 2013 at 2:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Derpus-Maximus

New Head-Fier
I was browsing the Dutch counterpart ( marktplaats ) of Ebay.nl and i found an add that offered a second hand ( barely used ) HD800 for €600, pictures of the HD800 and its box and even the receipt, everything looked as good as new.
The same seller also offers some other high end cans, all for decent prices.

At the same time i was contemplating to buy a good pair of headphones, so i was staring at the screen for like 30 minutes, and i also started reading about the HD800, the only question i had when reading this add was which version of the HD800 is this person offering, since i really like the frequency response graph of the HD800 2013 version, i was hoping that this would be the 2013 version.
But after 1 hour of reading and daydreaming, i clicked refresh to see if someone else already had made an offer, there was indeed someone, this person offered 500, 10 minutes later i refresh the page again ( toilet break ), anddd its gone...... so i figure it has been sold, now i still dont know what the winning offer is, it has been bugging me for the last couple of days....i should have contacted the seller on his/her cellphone or at least have written the number down, but nooo i didnt do that.....silly me....

So i guess most of you serious head-fiers would have jumped at an opportunity like this, and if so , what would you have offered this seller?

And what did you pay for your new/second hand HD800?

Nov 5, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #2 of 4
Its definitely a good price. Do you already have a good amp and source component though? If not I would not worry. The HD800 is difficult to pair up with the right amp. Unless your willing to also shell out for the those components it is a better idea to think about another headphone in the first place.

Nov 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Ye, it doesn't look like it would do the HD800 justice. Also when I am talking about pairing it up I mean that it is hard to create synergy between the HD800 and the amp. Jude mentioned in one of the head-fi TV episodes that the HDVA800 is one of the only headphone amps has synergy with the HD800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back