็ำ็Help me choose headphone
Mar 6, 2007 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

freakmax

500+ Head-Fier
I want huge soundstage , bright , detailed , price under 500USD.
What headphone should I get.
I will pair it with the Heed canamp.
blink.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 6
well i dunno about the bright part, but the HD600 has nice soundstage and detail and pairs well with a Heed amp, and costs under 200. if you want to upgrade the cable, the final cost will still be under your 500 buck limit. something to think about!

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #3 of 6
the headphone that comes to mind is the k501: huge soundstage and bright sounding (it always gets complaints about lack of bass). Should keep that sonic signature with the Heed.

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:30 PM Post #4 of 6
Oh Yeah! The HD600 is a good bet at that!

If you want to trade a bit of that HD600 soundstage for a little bit of "bright" you may consider the MS2i as well!

Shucks; for the price, you could almost get both!
very_evil_smiley.gif

I did!! They really work well together and cover most all the bases
smily_headphones1.gif
600smile.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 6
HD600? He wants bright headphone people. But here are some possibilities I can think of:

Audio Technica AD2000 (How much it costs nowadays? Not necessarily bright, but should not be laidback either like Senns)

Alessandro MS-Pro or MS2i (have to sacrifice large soundstage... but definetly shouldnt be soundstageless)

Ultrasone Proline 2500 (still going its maturing time here so not too many impressions, but is bright and has large soundstage, should be detailed too)

Beyerdynamic DT880. Flat sound with emphasis on highs. Bright and detailed, and good soundstage. I love this headphone!

Beyerdynamic DT990. Similar to above, but humped up highs and bass, eenyweeny bit less details. More fun-can.

Mar 6, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 6
Donnow if you want an open or closed one so the ultrasone 750 or 2500. Huge soundstage, very bright in a good way and a ****load of detail!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back