π Audio - "Pai Audio"
Jul 26, 2016 at 11:09 AM Post #347 of 449
I just put the DR1 into my ears after quite some time. They're (very) bassy, they're warm, they sound big, somewhat dark and also a bit veiled (mainly due to the tuning), but what impresses me is how Pai Audio managed to release the overall package (ergonomic shells, MMCX connectores, cable, pouch, adequate level of details, really nice soundstage) for less than $40.
And while there are some greater bangs for the buck when regarding pure resolution alone, the nicely authentic and large soundstage along with the at least appropriate amount of details (I'd say the DR1 in the same ballpark as the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore of this some people say it is a great bang for the buck although I find the Carbo Tenore to be just "adequately" detailed (not less though)) and big, full sound together with the ergonomic shape and MMCX connectors is pretty unique in this price range.

By the way, @alex atPaiaudio, what's the diameter of the DR1's dynamic driver? My guess would be 7 mm. I think it looks a bit smaller than an 8 mm driver and too large to be 6 mm. Is my guess of 7 mm correct?

Jul 26, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #348 of 449
  I just put the DR1 into my ears after quite some time. They're (very) bassy, they're warm, they sound big, somewhat dark and also a bit veiled (mainly due to the tuning), but what impresses me is how Pai Audio managed to release the overall package (ergonomic shells, MMCX connectores, cable, pouch, adequate level of details, really nice soundstage) for less than $40.
And while there are some greater bangs for the buck when regarding pure resolution alone, the nicely authentic and large soundstage along with the at least appropriate amount of details (I'd say the DR1 in the same ballpark as the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore of this some people say it is a great bang for the buck although I find the Carbo Tenore to be just "adequately" detailed (not less though)) and big, full sound together with the ergonomic shape and MMCX connectors is pretty unique in this price range.

By the way, @alex atPaiaudio, what's the diameter of the DR1's dynamic driver? My guess would be 7 mm. I think it looks a bit smaller than an 8 mm driver and too large to be 6 mm. Is my guess of 7 mm correct?

thanks ,Chris.  Yeah, some people like DR1 . for dynamic driver's diameter , i need to recheck, they told me it's 8mm before. thanks.
have a nice day:)
alex

Jul 27, 2016 at 4:12 AM Post #349 of 449

Yeah, i just measured it ,it's around 7mm, i think we should update some product info. Thanks, Chris

Jul 27, 2016 at 5:59 AM Post #350 of 449
Thanks for the clarification, Alex. 
smile.gif

Jul 27, 2016 at 10:36 AM Post #352 of 449
  I'm interested in getting the MR3 as an upgrade to the Havi's probably in October. How do they compare in terms of soundstage and detail retrieval?

Less warmth in the fundamental range, brighter middle and upper treble, higher detail retrieval and somewhat smaller but still very large and highly authentic soundstage.

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #358 of 449
I pretty much don't play video games and have no idea at all what this particular one (Watch Dogs 2) is about, however look at what I have just discovered:

It looks familiar, doesn't it? 
wink_face.gif

And nope, this is no Photoshop schiit I have done (you can look up other screenshots on the internet), there is really a Pi symbol on his button badge that uses a font for the Pi symbol that looks a lot like the Pai Audio logo (although not at 100%, but extremely close).

Aug 17, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #359 of 449
  I pretty much don't play video games and have no idea at all what this particular one (Watch Dogs 2) is about, however look at what I have just discovered:

It looks familiar, doesn't it? 
wink_face.gif

And nope, this is no Photoshop schiit I have done (you can look up other screenshots on the internet), there is really a Pi symbol on his button badge that uses a font for the Pi symbol that looks a lot like the Pai Audio logo (although not at 100%, but extremely close).

wow, yeah,true:) SO SIMILAR:)
Who knows? LOL:):)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back