˜60€ recommendation
Nov 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM Post #16 of 23
I really don't fancy the look of the UE6000 :frowning2: And the Takstars would be too expensive to import...
Still considering the Phillips and the Audio Technica, not much to read on the Phillips though...

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #17 of 23
So I am also considering these:
Philips shp9500, but I have to read a bit more about them. They look good though :p Over the ear, detachable cable... They do seem a bit bulky though so I'm not sure about traveling with them.

The SHP9500 look very interesting as well!

Another set I haven't heard is the Brainwavz HM5; supposed to be a very balanced sound signature. No NC though. Also EUR 89.
http://www.amazon.fr/Brainwavz-HM5-Headphones/dp/B006MA9XXM

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #19 of 23
Hm. Those Brainwavz look very good. Will look into them but I'm afraid they're out of my budget. Will check if I can find them cheaper.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #20 of 23
Hm. Those Brainwavz look very good. Will look into them but I'm afraid they're out of my budget. Will check if I can find them cheaper.

They're available under multiple brands as well (Fischer FA003, NVX XPT100, Jaycar, Lindy, etc) kinda like the Takstar/Gemini.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #21 of 23
I really don't fancy the look of the UE6000 :frowning2: And the Takstars would be too expensive to import...
Still considering the Phillips and the Audio Technica, not much to read on the Phillips though...

Thats unfortunate. The Philips look good, especially at that price. Havent listened but based on the picture they look open, so not exactly noise cancelling if thats the case.

Edit: goldenears has measurements for the philips, they look to be a little too bright up top (coupled with the bass roll off they might be too hyped) but aside from that look pretty decent.

ATH-M20x or M40x might be easier to attain in the budget category, theyre pretty good. Speaking of Philips, ive always liked the Uptowns, not sure what they go for nowadays but i always like those.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #22 of 23
I can deal with the lack of noise cancelling, it's a plus but not an absolute :) Thanks anyway!

Nov 7, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #23 of 23

​
I haven't heard the Phillips but they look comfy af. As for the Logitech UE6000 I think that would be a good purchase but NEVER put on noise cancelling, it screws up the sound quality.

This is way too absolute, OP desires noise cancelling and the UE6000 has it. Also, with the active noise turned on this becomes a very fun headphone, big thumbs up from me and the best youll find under $100 IMO. Takstar Pro80 is also very good headphone.

With my experience with these cans when I turned on Noise Cancelling the bass became much more prominent, bloated and the mids became recessed. But without it on I felt like these are a decent cans.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back