¿Which Headphones should i get ( Budget Cans)?
Oct 1, 2013 at 10:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Felixote

New Head-Fier
I'm planning on getting a pair of headphones to replace my crapy Sony MDR-XD200, this are the 3 choices:

-Superlux 681
-Superlux 688 or Samson sr850 ( I believe they sound the same, only that the Samson's have a proper headband and the superlux have those little wings)

Don't make any sugestions because the headphones in my country (Argentina) are very limited. I listen to various types of music ( rap, rock , hard rock , symphonic rock, blues , pop, generaly types of music that are very fast, if you know what i mean). I've read reviews about each product but i still can't make my mind, I wanted to hear the opinions of people who have them or know them. What I'm looking for is clarity and good bass, i think.

Thank You Very Much

Felixote

Oct 1, 2013 at 10:58 PM Post #2 of 3
  I'm planning on getting a pair of headphones to replace my crapy Sony MDR-XD200, this are the 3 choices:
-Superlux 681
-Superlux 688 or Samson sr850 ( I believe they sound the same, only that the Samson's have a proper headband and the superlux have those little wings)
Don't make any sugestions because the headphones in my country (Argentina) are very limited. I listen to various types of music ( rap, rock , hard rock , symphonic rock, blues , pop, generaly types of music that are very fast, if you know what i mean). I've read reviews about each product but i still can't make my mind, I wanted to hear the opinions of people who have them or know them. What I'm looking for is clarity and good bass, i think.

My third cousin lives in Argentina, visited him in 1996, I remember how much I liked the beef.
The headphones you listed are all semi-open, so you will not get a heavy bass sound.
I would say to get the Superlux HD681 and buy Velour/Velvet ear pads for $16, off eBay.
I own the SR850s and HD668B, but the HD668B broke less then two months after getting them.

Here is a Superlux fan thread, read up and maybe try posting your Superlux headphone question(s) there.
I would assume your questions would be viewed by a lot of Superlux owners.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/546556/superlux-express-train

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Thank You for the answer, we do have the best beef, but that is a subject for another thread :). I'll try making some questions in that thread.

Thank You

Felixote

Users who are viewing this thread

Back