¿ song with the best beginning ?
Jun 14, 2005 at 7:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

rhythmdevils

Member of the Trade: rhythmdevils audio
the song that begins in a way that grabs you by the basketballs and makes you jump and groove, or the one that makes you sit back instantly and close your eyes and feel at peace, or the one that brings an immediate tear to the cheek.

whatever it may be, the song with the best beginning.

my vote goes to Could You be Loved, by Bob Marley, as it is the song that made me think of this thread. within 2 measures i am up and feeling good. it has a swing to it that is only matched by the country itself.
icon10.gif

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:50 PM Post #3 of 22
Maceo Parker - Let's get it on (Live version on 'Back to Basics I' sampler)

It doesn't matter when or where I play this song, I just can't surpress this serene and happy feeling; provides me with chills and a big smile every time.

Lately, the first few measures in Sibelius' violin concerto 1st movement with Oistrakh playing has been absolutely mesmerizing.

Jun 14, 2005 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 22
Peter Gabriel--"Biko"
The tribal chant catches the ear, and then Gabriel launches into a lyric, tortured ode to a protester cut down by jackbooted thugs.

Jun 14, 2005 at 9:04 PM Post #5 of 22
tool - third eye
"See I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us do me a favor: Go home tonight, take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs and burn 'em. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years....rrrrrrrrrrrrreal ****in' high on drugs."

Jun 15, 2005 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 22
Rage Against the Machine - "Wake Up"
Oh man, this song makes me want to run headfirst into a wall...in a good way.

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 22
Any rock/blues/metal/jazz fan should check out Apartment 26 - Give Me More.
It's the first track off Music For The Massive and not only starts SWEET but is one of my all time favorite songs for the different feel it has through out. There is a bass line and piano that is very jazz/blues but the guitar, drums and vocals bring in the rock/metal flare... very kewl IMO

Jun 15, 2005 at 6:08 PM Post #9 of 22
Im gonna have to say the intro solo to Eric Johnson's Cliff of Dover. its even better on the live version.

Jun 16, 2005 at 5:42 AM Post #10 of 22
The start of Osibisa's The Dawn. It was a whole new era in music for me when I first heard it at about 12 or 14 year of age. Plus some big 17 year old decided he was going to beat me for playing it at a party. I knew then that music was one of the great powers of the world. Those drums still sing for me.

Jun 16, 2005 at 6:28 AM Post #12 of 22
Guns 'n Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

I love the intro echo guitar work, its one of the coolest things I've ever heard.

Jun 16, 2005 at 7:07 AM Post #13 of 22
Catholic Girls? Eh, maybe a little too chaotic.

Instead, to be REMARKABLY unoriginal, even though I'm not really a GNR fan, Sweet Child O' Mine has one of the best intros.

Actually, you know what, scratch that - Take Me Out. I like the beginning better than the end, and the transition is sublime.

And Fortunate Son! And Rocks Off! And Chop Suey! And Light My Fire! And Pinball Wizard! And All My Life! And Purple Haze!

Oh, man. It just doesn't end. Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back