±12V Wall Wart?
Sep 2, 2009 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

uniuniunium

Head-Fier
I'm trying to revive an old project which was built without its own power section/voltage divider and never was powered by anything other than a bench supply. Ideally I'm looking for something similar in spec to the now discontinued Elpac WM072-1950-D5. Any suggestions on a similar product?

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #4 of 8
Sep 3, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #5 of 8
tread is pure analog.

I have no idea about that brick thing. anyone know for sure?

I see those things all the time at the local surplus store
wink.gif
but they seemed very light, so I assumed they were switchers and not analog.

Sep 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

I couldn't find specs on the Elpac that you linked

5V DC @ 860mA +/- 12V DC @ 300mA
The pinout is the same as the rest of the triple output WM series .
http://iccus.com/pdf/wm.pdf

Quote:

How would that compare to a dual TREAD setup?

A dual TREAD PSU would be more comprable to the Twisted Pear Low Current Dual Power Supply.

Low Current Dual Power Supply (LCDPS) - A Dual Regulated CLRC Supply

I guess I should have inquired about the current requirements for the device you plan on powering before suggesting something.
wink.gif

Sep 4, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by uniuniunium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm trying to revive an old project which was built without its own power section/voltage divider and never was powered by anything other than a bench supply. Ideally I'm looking for something similar in spec to the now discontinued Elpac WM072-1950-D5. Any suggestions on a similar product?

Yes there is a very good solution which is a standard unregulated wall wart that outputs AC voltage. With a couple of diodes and a couple of capacitors, you can use a little trick known as a "voltage doubler". I have done it, and it works really well. True +/- supply and AC wallwarts are easy to find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back