£50 to £60 pc speakers
Jan 22, 2008 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Taz488

New Head-Fier
hi there
smily_headphones1.gif
as title im looking around for some new speakers with that budget in mind, on the shortlist so far ive got creative t20's or logitech z4's, £60 and £50 here in the UK. ive also seen klipsch 2.1's mentioned but im not sure if i can get them in the UK.

music wise i like indie/rock and also want to use them for movies.

so which speakers are the best for the budget/my music tastes?

any help/experience with the above speakers appreciated
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 4
Assuming you have a large desk -- get a used pair of real speakers, like the old B&W 201's or Tannoy M2's. Find an original Sonic Impact T Amp for 30 bux and you'll be set. MUCH better than computer spkrs.

Jan 22, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 4
cheers for quick reply!

okay so im a bit of a newb to audio stuff, hence im asking here, so i take it the amp is connected to pc then speakers connected to this, if so do i need to buy additional cables?

and if i dont fancy going down the second hand real speakers, what do you recommend?

Jan 22, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 4
I agree with the real speaker/amp route. However, if you don't have the space for this, I would recommend the Phillips MMS321's which can now be obtained for less than £40 - they used to cost almost twice as much. They are a two speaker system which I find is much better for music than a 2.1 setup, especially when you are close to them at a desk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back