£50: Comfortable, open & unamped - doable?
Mar 9, 2008 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

lukealexander

100+ Head-Fier
For my current headphones, look in my signature
smily_headphones1.gif

I am looking for a pair of "casual" headphones. At the moment I use Apple 'phones to listen directly from my laptop when I just casual listening and ability to hear external noise. The HD555 are too bulky, the UM1's are too isolating. The Vibes would be okay, but I gave them to my girlfriend and they are falling apart (of course).

So what I need is something comfortable, open and cheapish. Mainly used for listening to house music, voice & rock. Controlled, lean bass is important to me. I also don't want to buy used, and no imports this time. Thanks
cool.gif

Mar 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #3 of 13
Yeah, I thought about them but I usually wear glasses in the house and I am worried the pressure would become uncomfortable. A few people say they are quite "tight".

Mar 9, 2008 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 13
Sen eh350? I use them with glasses on and they are fine, even for long periods. Sound pretty good too. For the money that is.

Mar 9, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sen eh350?

Bit big really... I am thinking earbud/PX100 size.

Mar 9, 2008 at 10:09 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
alessandro MS1

I was actually thinking of these a couple of weeks ago (curious about Grado-like sound), but decided what I needed was something small and casual rather than the MS1 which seems a bit similar to the HD555.

Remember this is directly from a (relatively good) laptop headphone out.

Mar 9, 2008 at 11:05 PM Post #9 of 13
Yeah, I also looked at the Portapro, I like their retro look.

How do they compare to the PX100?

It seems difficult to get non isolating earbuds with good sound!

Mar 9, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by lukealexander /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, I thought about them but I usually wear glasses in the house and I am worried the pressure would become uncomfortable. A few people say they are quite "tight".

Hmmm... my PX200s don't clamp very tight at all (in fact not tight enough!), but I don't where glasses. How do clip-ons go with glasses? If they are better there are the KSC-75s?

There are also the Goldrings in the UK. I have never tried them but the DR150s got very good reviews. They go for 62 pounds on Amazon UK. Their little brother the DR100 goes for 32.

Mar 9, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #11 of 13
I think the PX100 may be the answer now I think about it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back