£250 amp for denon D2000
Dec 23, 2009 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Jonclarke

Head-Fier
Hi, i have a budget of £250 to spend on an amp for denon ah-d2000 's

Im am going to buy a cambrige audio dacmagic as well so i can hook up the amp as well as my m-audio av40 speakers

what would you recommend?

Dec 23, 2009 at 5:51 PM Post #3 of 8
Lots of people recommend the musical fidelity x-can v8p but that goes for 350 quid. Its a hybrid so maybe another hybrid will sound good with them like the little dot mk1+ which goes for 100 quid shipped from china.I own neither but a head-fier by the name of roker has this set up i think, maybe he can comment on what they sound like together.

Dec 27, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks,

I have looked but cant find the x-can v8 anywhere, the little dot and the Graham Slee Novo looks good too and defiantly something to consider.

can anyone one with the d2000's recommend something?

Dec 27, 2009 at 11:23 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonclarke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks,

I have looked but cant find the x-can v8 anywhere, the little dot and the Graham Slee Novo looks good too and defiantly something to consider.

can anyone one with the d2000's recommend something?

https://www.audiovenue-shop.co.uk/pr...1&cat=3&sub=40

Dec 28, 2009 at 2:47 AM Post #7 of 8
For what it's worth if you're happy with the denon's and don't plan on uograditis kicjing in, any of the amps mentioned will drive the denons you own, they have a signature sound, that I find not to change much with any neutral amp. The little dot will drive them easily. I own them, and avery amp I ever tried drives them fine, not a tough load at all. I won't suggest brands, but no need to spen more than 150 on an amp for the phones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back