£100 to spend on in-ears, quickly!
Jul 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ric449

New Head-Fier
Ok, here is the situation. My earphones have broken (Audio Technica CKS77) and I am due to go on a long work trip for 3 months in 2 days where I won't have access to shops or anything like that, so I need to get this sorted ASAP. I am in the UK and the best shop I have found so far is John Lewis, their range is here: http://www.johnlewis.com/electricals/audio/ipod-accessories/view-all-headphones/in-ear=features-1062/c80000660

I have around £100 to spend. My music tastes vary from electro, rock, classical, anything apart from R&B and dance really. I was looking at the Sennheiser IE60's (at £130 its a little out of my price range, but if people think they are worth it I will go for them). Opinions anyone? At this point there may still be time to order from Amazon, but I'll see what is suggested. Thanks!

Jul 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2 of 5
Ok, I remembered there is Richer Sounds nearby so I have made a shortlist, between these which is the best buy:

Beyerdynamic MMX101IE (£95)
Klipsch Image S4i II (£90)
Grado iGi (£100)

Or, stick with the Sennheiser IE60's at £130.

Jul 23, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 5
Phonak PFE is one of the best In Ears in this price range. With passive audio filters is is possible to change the sound signature.

Another option is the Shure se215 (more bass than Phonak, even with the bass heavy filters).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back