~£100 Budget For IEMs, USB Microphone and DAC
Aug 21, 2014 at 8:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

acmis

New Head-Fier
I've posted a few questions around in various threads, but I'm going to put it all in one thread to try and come to a final decision.

IEMs - Budget = <£50
I mainly listen to EDM but also some pop and R&B so I'm after a good all rounder but specifically good sub-bass. If I could find a set that have a very similar sound signature to the beyerdynamic DT770s then that would be ideal. Some suggestions I've had so far are the Fischer Audio Consonance V2 and Sony MDR-EX510.

The EX510 are described as a great all-rounder as the Sony earphones have a little less emphasis on bass and more prominence in the mids. They have a great midrange, a good extension in the highs and furthermore a nice low end that extends reasonably well. They sound like they would fit my needs well. The Consonance is very much like the EX510s, where they can be seen as an all-rounder but has a more prominent mid-bass and therefore less mids.

EX510 =  more mids, less mid-bass (better for EDM)
Consonance = more mid-bass, less mids

They are difficult to find in the UK so other suggestions that are easier to find are welcome.

USB Microphone
The Samson Go Mic seems like my best option, it costs £35 and can easily clip onto the top of my laptop. I'll probably use a cheap Monoprice pop filter too.

This is pretty set in stone because I can't think of any other options but if you do have any thoughts let me know.

DAC
My laptop has a pretty loud noise floor, there is a constant hiss when using the native headphone port. So I'm after a USB DAC solution to remedy that.

It seems like the best option would be the Sabre U2 Asynchronous USB DAC for £35. Again if anyone has any better options in mind, post away!

Thanks in advance. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back