Xiaomi Mi In-Ear Headphone Pro 2

Impedence: 32Ohms
    Net Weight: 14g

Recent Reviews

1. Kamen555
    Mi In-Ear Headphone Pro 2 Review (Model: QTEJ03JY)
    Written by Kamen555
    Published Nov 24, 2019
    Pros - Great bass
    Detailed Sound
    Great fit
    Good sound-stage
    Cons - Bare packaging
    No storing option
    My previous Xiaomi headphones were the Hybrid Pro HD. They were built like tanks, but the fit was very difficult for my ears. They did not stay in at all when I moved around, no matter what type of tips I used. It also affected their sound in terms of bass; so I usually used them for classical music (until I accidentally yanked the cord and killed the sound on one side of the earphones).

So I decided to buy the Hybrid Pro 2. And I am very glad I did.

Specs
    Rated Power: 5mW
    Connector: 3.5mm

Xiaomi_HD_Pro2_a.jpg

Build

The housing is metal and the faceplate and nozzle is plastic. They are all black. The nozzle is angled so they nicely go into my ear-canal and the housing is smaller and sharper than the Hybrid HD, so they rest in my ear nicely without sliding down and out of my ear every time I turn my head. The strain relief from the housings are rubber. There is a three button remote and mic on the right wire which is a mix of metal and plastic. The chord is a mixed affair, rubber from the headphones, and braided to the 3.5mm L shaped rubber connector.

Xiaomi_HD_Pro2_c.jpg

Accessory

Very bare. No storing container or pouch. Basic set of tips (not great and I replaced them with Sony hybrid tips which were more comfortable). Small paper manual.

Xiaomi_HD_Pro2_b.jpg

I think these are dark sounding earphones. They have strong bass without veiling the higher frequency details. It's always great when I'm nodding to the beat and be surprised by the detail of other instruments cushioned by that thick bass. The higher frequencies are a little strident, but not piercing, almost sweet crumbly sounding, so guitar picking and trumpet blows and synth notes sound great to me. However, they are not a laid-back listen; the attack of the sound is quick and punchy, so vinyl rips sound quite modern to me, and I'm noticing new layers of some of the music. I'm not sure how the sound will change the more I use them (currently about 30 hours of usage). The soundstage is good, wide and clear; but not as great as the Hybrid HD I think. All in all I'm very satisfied with the sound.

Music used: Wilco, Medeski Martin Wood, Daft Punk, Yuna, Soundgarden, Radiohead

Conclusion
    I love them. They are the opposite of my experience with the Hybrid HD. The fit is great, the sound is thick & dark but still quite detailed (not as detailed as the Hybrid HD though) and works well with my music collection. Despite the very bare packaging and accessories, their sound really exceeds their cost.

Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!