For the money, this earphone is the best way to upgrade the sound from your iPod or MP3 player. The...

Sennheiser CX300-B Earbuds (Black)

Average User Rating:
2.83333/5,
  • For the money, this earphone is the best way to upgrade the sound from your iPod or MP3 player. The earphones that came with your player may not be up to what you expect. All users of MP3 players and iPods, get ready to upgrade your sound and style with the Sennheiser CX300 earphones. Upgrading earphones is the best way to customize the sound to what you want to hear. The Sennheiser CX300 provides accurate tones for tunes throughout the dynamic frequency range. With a 112dB Sound Pressure Level, you can lock out background noise and revel in the pleasure of listening to your music. And Sennheiser has been and is on the forefront of delivering great sound from audio systems great and small. Elevate your listening to transcendental pleasure with the Sennheiser CX300 earphones. Sennheiser is the acknowledged world leader in headphone-transducer technology. These CX 300 headphones are Sennheiser's leading introduction to in-ear-canal earphones. The CX 300 model is ideal for use with portable MP3, CD, MD, DVD players and many other portable devices with 3.5mm headphone sockets. Soft Silicone-Rubber Ear adapters in three different sizes are included to ensure a perfect fit, high wearing comfort and an excellent attenuation of ambient noise. Get away from the daily noise and surround yourself with private audio. The CX300 is the best partner for your player, your ears, and you. Dynamic Transducer Carrying Pouch Sennheiser 2 year warranty Color - Black

Recent User Reviews

1. yannisgk
    2.0/5,
    "A Sennheiser drawback."
    Pros - Not very expensive
    Cons - Awful sound
    Having been a marketing casualty years ago by the Sennheiser headphone giant having two decent over-ear headphones bought of them, I decided to have these for an MP3 player additionally seeing good reviews about them.

I don't know if eartips of them not fitted well in my ears but the sound was awful!!!

I can't say enough about mids, trebles, basses etc. but overall the sound was harsh to a point that my ears couldn't stand the dreadfull noise of them!!!

As I was a newbie in IEM's it was a traumatic experience as it was difficult for me as a music user to buy another in-ear after them.

As I pre-wrote I hope there were the tips not fitted well in my ear canal because I didn't expect such a drawback from the Sennheiser company.

I don't recommend them at all!!!

(A day before the review I tested (without burn-in and Comply foams where I am an admirer) the Philips SHE-3590 and they are much better than 300's and they cost lower than 10 euros!!!)

Anyway, test them before you buy them.

Have a nice life, yannisgk.
  2. PleasantNoise
    2.0/5,
    "sounds ok, awful design."
    Pros - sound is decent
    Cons - packaging, cord, 3.5mm jack, carry pouch,
    Bought these as a cheap iem to use while my customs are being fixed, they sound pretty good for the price, isolate well enough to be bearable on the train, and weren't too expensive.
    My problems with them come from the entire design of both the iem's and the product as a whole.
    Plastic death packaging is awful, physically getting the phones out of the package was infuriating, rather than a pleasure, even with scissors, and a stanley knife.
    enclosed where the earbuds, 2 extra sizes of silicone tips, and a plasticy pouch with a metal snap close ala sunglasses cases..
    The pouch offers little or no protection for the buds, thoughtful, but pretty useless really. iems are easily damaged, that seems to be a fact, so a hardcase is somehting of a must in my books. even at this price point. Logitech can do it, so Sennheiser damn well should too.
    The cable feels cheap, flimsy, and generally disgusting, I can't comment on it's durability yet, but it doesn't look promising. Even more annoying is that the length of cables after the splitter is whack.
    The left bud has around half the cable to the right, so I'm forced to wrap the right around the back of my neck, this is both annoying, and dysfunctional. Why they do this is beyond me, it just makes them less convenient and comfortable to use.
    Finally, is something that seems to be a theme with sennheiser products.. The 3.5mm jack, is right angled (which I like) but it if freaking huge, I can fit my index finger between the gap it makes with the player, that is totally unnecessary and seriously annoying.
    I wouldn't recommend these to anyone, even if they sound good, they're horribly designed in my books,
    finishing on a good note, they are at least comfortable IN my ears, even if the cable pulls unevenly on them.
  3. juan1894
    3.5/5,
    "Sennheiser cx300, my Entry in the Headphone World."
    Pros - Loud, pretty easy to drive, Out of this world Bass, Comfy
    Cons - Too much Bass, Sibilant/Harsh treble, Flimsy
    The sennheiser cx300 was my first headphone of Sennheiser and my first earbud/headphone above 30 Dollars. The construction of the earbud itself is very great and the design too, small, classic, lightweight. The cable is pretty flimsy in the jack i had 2 pair of cx300, and both goes this way.

In terms of sound, these deliver a outstanding, in your face bass. I have some issues with that because the mids are sucked out. The highs are harsh and sibilant, i experience a little pain with those.

If the cable were not flimsy, i was paid $50 or $45 for this earbud, but both are gone in about two months..
  4. BBBS
    "Boring, but serviceable"
    Pros - Generally good value
    Cons - Too dark
    These earphones, now the de facto first upgrade for an iPod, are alright if not unexciting. Compared to the stock iPod buds they're like hearing music for the first time again, but there are many other options which sound as good if not better. For my money, I would and do recommend Sony.
    yannisgk likes this.
  5. Sakal
    3.0/5,
    "Good Warm Sound"
    Pros - Very comfortable with good amounts of bass.
    Cons - None.
    These IEM's are very comfortable so they can be worn while lying down with no discomfort.

The bass is the best part of the CX300's, while the mids are average and the highs are lacking.

For the price, these are decent headphones and anyone interested in relaxed sounding headphones, this would be a nice purchase.
  6. damagedhearing
    "great upgrade to phone or mp3 player's buds"
    Pros - emphasized lower end for the gym/comfy
    Cons - uneven cord length from split
    Well worthwhile upgrade and not too expensive. Emphasized lower end.
    My only complaint after using these for the gym for over a year now is that the cord length is different from the split to the buds.(one more than twice as long as the other)
  7. idzani
    "Nice In-ears"
    Pros - Great isolation, good audio quality
    Cons - Wire design, pricey
    For a price this earphone has, it sounds great. A good bass response for something this small, and superb isolation from outside noise. Without music on, you can't barely hear anything else, as it doubles up as earplugs. But design wise, it should have a normal Y-shaped wire split to left and right earphones instead of going back 'round the neck. Just too messy. And the wire insulator material is to rubbery and grippy. But overall, the x-factor is the sound. But it could've been cheaper.
  8. stratowhammy
    1.5/5,
    "I agree, I thought they were good iems until I heard RE0s"
    Pros - Bloated Bass (is it a pro?)
    Cons - Bloated Bass
    So, the other reviews are fairly accurate.  I bought (two pairs of them!) a while back and I thought they were good, Senheisser brand made me feel smart.  If only I had come here first (or known about head-fi) I could have made a better decision.  At $40 they're not worth it at all.  If you're willing to drop double that get the RE0s, they will not disappoint.

The bass is just bloated, but you feel like its warm and full until you hear a good set of cans (or even IEMs) and then you want to EQ it away, and can't.  Don't waste your money.
  9. aragond
    "Shocked"
    Pros - Comfortable, decent sound, actually fit in my malshapen ears, pretty good drowning-out-of-world, longevity, cheap
    Cons - Uh... I...
    I'm genuinely shocked that folks are unimpressed with these buds. They've served me very well for a looooong time. Yes, they handle bass veery well, but I never found that was at the expense of treble, not at the start (are now, since 4 years of earwax... yeh, you knowaddamean). Could be better isolating? Sure, but I regularly hear nothing of the outside world when I have them plugged, unless someone's near me. I like being isolated, buuuut, I guess I like being able to hear when the truck is about to collect me or whatever.
    What impressed me most about these, srsly, is the comfort. I have a laaarge collection of earphones that I've ditched because they lack a satisfying suction-cup attachment to my very (apparently) malformed ear canals. So many would just drop out of my ears so very easily. Until these.
    Now, alright, they're probably long in the tooth now, and I'll prolly have to replace them b4 year's out, but for what its worth, I have yet to buy anything I was more satisfied with.
  10. nickvalluri
    2.5/5,
    "Mediocre at list price"
    Pros - Comfort, bass
    Cons - Poor mids, sometimes too much bass, crackle
    I should disclose that I purchased these headphones for $15, and for that price I recommend that anyone snatch them up as a back up, or workout phones. However, not sure that I would purchase them for $60 or even $40. These headphones really struggle with mids, and sometimes the bass is flat-out overpowering. I like to test out my headphones by listening to Pinback, as their music is a good representation of the aural spectrum. I found that the bass (which under normal circumstances should be almost an afterthought in a Pinback song; I have heard the drums in their songs described as "percussive breathing") took over the rest of the song.
    Isolation on the CX300s is a mixed bag. I use these on my train commute and find them more than adequate to block out the train noise and other passengers; however, the cable noise is sometimes too much to bear.
    Anyone looking for a quick and dirty upgrade over stock headphones should consider these, especially at the price I paid. If you are looking to spend 40 or more I would keep looking.
    yannisgk likes this.

User Comments

To view comments, simply sign up and become a member!