ALLEGRO is a high driver-count earphone comprised of two 10mm dynamic drivers, six balanced armature drivers, and four electrostatic drivers.
Each frequency is finely tuned. Lows are balanced and well-controlled. Mids are resolving with excellent detail retrieval. Highs are refined and articulate.
Overall sound quality is characterized as balanced with an enhanced mid-high presentation for a highly detailed and clean sound. Perfect for many musical genres.
By using 7-axis CNC machinery used in the aerospace industry, we were able to mill thick aluminum into intricate and detailed designs for ALLEGRO.
Parts are meticulously polished and anodized before being cryogenically treated to strengthen material that will enhance scratch resistance and prevent internal damage from accidental drops.
With a dark bronze polygonal faceplate and gloss black diamond pattern body, its design language represents elegance and modernity.
ALLEGRO comes with in-house designed rhodium plated tellurium copper 0.78mm 2-pin connectors. With over a decade of experience in developing and producing connectors for high-end cables, we implemented our take of an industry-standard connection into our earphone that will substantially improve durability, reliability, and conductivity.
Drivers are precisely positioned and placed inside the earphone using 3D printed acoustic chamber to provide exact LR channel balance.
A new in-house developed internal wire called Copper XS, based on the larger PLUS (+) wires for cables, serves as the connection between drivers to maximize conductivity and offer a more seemless and consistent overall performance.
Available now from $3,499 directly from Plussound Audio and our dealer network.
T E C H N I C A L S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
- Driver Count / Twelve per side
- Driver Design / Tri-Hybrid (Dynamic, Balanced, EST)
- Drivers Used / Two 10mm Dynamic Drivers (for Low and Sub Low frequencies), Six Balanced Armatures (for Mid-Low, Mid, and Mid-High frequencies), Four Electrostatic Drivers (for High and Super High frequencies)
- Crossover / 6-Way Network
- Driver Organization / 3D Printed Acoustic Chamber
- Outer / Polished, Anodized, cryogenically treated aluminum faceplate, body, and nozzle
- Connector / In-House designed cryogenically treated 0.78mm rhodium plated tellurium copper 2-pin with PEEK insulation
- Internal Wiring / Copper XS (In-house designed cryogenically treated Type 6 UP-OCC with proprietary PS Insulation)
- Impedance / 10 ohms @1kHz @1mW
- Sensitivity / 112 dB @1kHz
- Frequency Response / 10hz - 40kHz
- Cable / In-house handcrafted cables using custom UP-OCC Litz wires and in-house designed materials, including connectors, splitter, slider, and connector ends.