4.125/5,
  1. SOULSIK
    Kinera H3 - perfection at $100
    Written by SOULSIK
    Published Oct 5, 2017
    Pros - great treble. great bass. engaging. energetic. great fit
    Cons - might be bright for some

INTRODUCTION

Lots of affordable options have come up in the past and more so in the present. Sometimes, I get request to review a budget product and when I review them, they do not live up the hype. This time, it is a little different. I would call these a gem in the midst of all chifi hypes that are sometimes not so justifiable and are often hyped up by individuals who have not had many experiences with hifi gears in the first place.

DISCLAIMER

This unit was sent to me by kinera for my honest review. I get no financial gain from this review, in fact I will be giving away my pair to share the love. hopefully I can organize something with kinera to do more giveaway for you wonderful people sharing the same hobby as me.

ABOUT Kinera

To be honest, they do not have a website (at least from what I can search on google). And I do not know much about them. They have a facebook page and telegram for fan chats. They make great affordable products, they are relatively new and are from china.

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Description

• Model : KINERA H3 In-ears monitor
    • Color available :translucent black /red/ blue
    • Wire Material: 6n single crystal copper silver-plated

• Kinera H3
    • 6 pairs of silicone eartips (S/M/L)
    • 2 adapters
    • Carry box
    BUILD QUALITY

Best build quality I have seen for $99.

cable provided is a 6n silver plated copper terminating in a gold plated 3.5mm sturdy metal jack. Best stock cable I have seen at this price range

The housing is high quality acrylic that fits and feels good on the ears. No cheap feeling here at all. They look beautiful and nobody will believe you if you tell them how much it cost you.

wonderful fit design, much like custom in ear monitor but it is more generalized for the rest of the population. if these fit you like it did for me, you are in for some sweet isolation and sound quality.

They comes with 6 pair of silicone tips that mimic the sony hybrid design, which means they are comfortable as they can get in terms of tips.

They also comes with a practical semi hard carrying case.

PRACTIALLY

THE FIT: Wonderful fit. best fit for $99. subjectively, these fit me perfectly but may not be fore everyone.

SOUND ISOLATION: absolute isolation is achieved with the perfect fit. of course there is no such a thing a absolute isolation, it just feels that way. You get the point.

PAIRING: These are not hard to drive, they are driven well with a phone or a digital audio player, with latter being preferred due to better sound quality.

SUGGESTED USE: You can use these anywhere as you please, just not anywhere near your mom when she’s talking to you as you will get smacked for not answering.

SOUND QUALITY

LOWS – the rumble, the punch, the awesomeness. Tad bit less clearer than the 1more triples, but that is okay, you can barely notice it. It is absolutely wonderful region. If you have a pair of beats or some ****ty bass producing product, these will blow you away, at the very least with the bass

MIDS – a little bit too harsh at times, especially the vocals but you can get pass it. It is a great engaging experience. Again, not for everyone. In fact if you want that relaxing sound, these may not do it for you.

HIGHS – these shine in the trebles. Again, very engaging but not for everyone

SOUNDSTAGE/IMAGING/SEPARATION:

• Sound stage is inmate. Imaging can improve but great for this price.
    FINAL THOUGHTS

For what you pay for, you are getting a well rounded iem that can really pump you up and engage you
      Dobrescu George and 10fold like this.
  2. Cinder
    A Triple-Threat Underdog
    Written by Cinder
    Published Aug 8, 2017
    Pros - Ergonomic design, good bass signature, incredible lyric-intelligibility, good cable, 2-pin, good case
    Cons - Minor cosmetic issues, very minor build deficiencies in the cable
    Kinera H3 Review: A Triple-Threat Underdog

If you had told me two months ago that I would be seriously considering a Kinera IEM for my daily-driver I would have laughed in your face. After all, don’t they only make super-cheap budget IEMs?

Well, not anymore.

With their brand-new triple-driver hybrid IEM, the H3, featuring two balanced-armature drivers and a single dynamic driver in a three-way cross-over, Kinera has broken into the higher-tier market of portable audio. But is is special enough to be worth your attention?

You can find the H3 for sale on Penon Audio, here, for $99. The H3 comes in three color variations, Blue/Black, Red/Black, and Black.

Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me free of charge for review purposes. I am not affiliated with Kinera or Penon Audio beyond this review. These words reflect my true, unaltered, opinion about the product. I would like to offer a sincere thank you to Steve from Kinera.

Preference and Bias: Before reading a review, it is worth mentioning that there is no way for a reviewer to objectively pass judgment on the enjoy-ability of a product: such a thing is inherently subjective. Therefore, I find it necessary for you to read and understand what I take a natural liking to and how that might affect my rating of a product.

My ideal sound signature would be an extended sub-bass with a leveled, but textured, mid-bass. The mids should be slightly less pronounced than the treble, but still ahead of the bass. I prefer a more bright upper range.

Source: The H3 was powered like so:

HTC U11 -> USB-C adapter -> earphones

Nexus 6P -> earphones

HTC One M8 -> earphones

Hidizs AP100 3.5mm out -> FiiO A5 3.5mm out -> earphones

HiFiMAN SuperMini -> earphones

PC optical out -> HiFiMe SPDIF 9018 Sabre DAC 3.5mm out -> earphones

All music was served as MP3 @320Kbps or as FLAC.

The H3 did audibly, though subtly, benefit from amping in the lower register.

Sound Signature
    Initial Impressions:

The H3 immediately caught my attention with how “fluid” it sounded. Excellent dynamics and depth immediately gave me a respect for the audio engineers at Kinera. I didn’t think I was listening to a $99 IEM. Part of my early enthusiasm was due to the fact that my ears had not previously been exposed to W-shaped frequency responses.

Upper-treble is boosted past the lower-treble. There’s a spike in the mids, especially around the 2KHz–5KHz range, and the bass is matched with the mids, being only slightly more pronounced.

Treble: Songs used: In One Ear, Midnight City, Outlands, Satisfy

Treble is clear, precise, and detailed, providing a nice layer of air in most recordings. It’s not quite as breath-taking on IEMs like the Accutone Pisces BA or Heir 4A.I S, but it is definitely there.

High-hats and cymbals are well-bodied and have a quick attack and decay. However in spite of the H3’s treble’s technical prowess, it just misses some of that sweetness found in other IEM’s treble. It’s not a deal-breaker, but something worth noting if that is a major quality you look for in your IEMs.

I’m glad to report that the H3 passes my sibilance testing with flying colors! At least in most cases. The crossover must be reasonably sensitive, because amping the H3 in certain (albiet very strange and uncommon) source configurations can lead to a moderate amount of sibilance. However none of the sources listed above were causing any problems.

Mids: Songs used: Flagpole Sitta, Jacked Up, I Am The Highway, Dreams

The H3 has really robust mids, especially where vocals are concerned. Lyric intelligibility is way above average at this price point, and punches squarely with some IEMs three or four times its price, easily. I can recall several instances where I was left thinking to myself “Oh, so that’s what he’s been saying” on songs I’ve listened to for five years!

But instrumentally the H3 is no slouch either. Guitars, acoustic and electric, both have a nice timbre. Electric crunch and distortion is particularly enjoyable on the H3 meaning all you edgy death-metal listeners out there should feel right at home.

Pianos are also nice, but a little lacking in body for my tastes. This is my only real complaint with the H3’s sound signature: where the lower-mids at? This is a matter of personal preference, obviously, but it would be nice to see Kinera create an IEM that had a bit of a warmer lower-midrange.

Bass: Songs used: Moth, Gold Dust, In For The Kill (Skream Remix), War Pigs (Celldweller Remix)

Bass isn’t particularly aggressive, but it is definitely there, and is undeniably punchy when amped correctly. In terms of bass signature, I’d have to say the H3 is pretty linear, with a slightly higher emphasis on mid-bass than sub-bass. Still though, the H3 has pretty good extension down to the 30Hz-50Hz band giving it a good rumble.

Electronic music fans rejoice; bass drops and chaotic rumbly choruses sound wonderful through the H3, just don’t expect it to shatter and skulls.

Packaging / Unboxing
    The H3 comes in high quality packaging not often seen at this price point. The textured box has a premium feel to it, with the earphones and accessories well-protected within.

Build
    Construction Quality

The H3 is very well constructed and is reminiscent of CIEMs in composition. The driver housings are made from a plastic composite which is a single seamless shell.

[​IMG]
    The face-plate is well-polished, and the Kinera logo is printed very accurately onto it with no noticeable flaws.

[​IMG]
    The nozzle is average in length, and is tipped with a finely-perforated metal grill. There’s no real lip to speak of, so some after-market eartips may slip off, though I’ve not had any issues so far.

[​IMG]
    Kinera chose to go (thankfully) with a 2-pin connector for removable cables. The female half of the mechanism is slightly recessed into a cleanly-cut depression. The metal sits flush with the shell, inspiring confidence in me regarding the H3’s longevity.

[​IMG]
    The H3’s cable is one of the best around at this price range that I’ve tested, if not the best. It’s a four-strand braided silver cable using a double-chain braid below the plastic Y-splitter, and a simple twist-braid above it. It’s similar in geometry to the copper cable used by the new Simgot IEMs, though it is much more thick.

[​IMG]
    The cable terminates in a metal-enclosed 3.5mm jack. The H3’s cable implements a stress relief system I’ve been vouching for for a long time: a double plastic sleeve. It’s essentially two completely separate malleable acrylic cylinders set inside one another. It works really great, though the outer cylinder appears to be in need of better adhesive. It won’t be an issue with the majority of cases, but a strong (and fast) sideways pull on the cable perpendicular to the housing of the jack could dislodge the outer cylinder.

I’m just nitpicking.

[​IMG]
    The cable uses memory-wire guides. They are well-made, well shaped, and mold to the ear. I’ve got no reason to worry about their longevity.

I don’t know what wizardry Kinera employed, but on their first real high-end IEM they succeeded in making one of the most ergonomic universal IEMs I have ever had the pleasure of using. I spent multiple days using the H3 for a full 8-hour work day. I had zero comfort issues.

Accessories

[​IMG]
    The H3’s accessories are okay, but definitely not the best I’ve seen for $99. Inside the box you’ll find:

• 1x 6.2mm to 3.5mm jack
    • 3x extra eartips
    • 1x semi-hard case
    • 1x airline adapter
    The silicone tips are ok, but nothing to write home about. It appears that the case, while quite good, is a branded OEM case. It’s got more than enough for all the accessories, the IEM, and even a USB-C adapter.

Summary
    The H3 is an absolutely wonderful IEM from one of the companies who I’d least expect. If you are looking for detail, well-tuned sound, exceptional ergonomics, and durable-detachable cables, the H3 is definitely worth looking at. Good job Kinera, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
  3. ryanjsoo
    Kinera H3 Review – Sensation(al)
    Written by ryanjsoo
    Published Jul 30, 2017
    Pros - End to end extension, Bass definition, Natural yet clear midrange, Great ergonomics and isolation, Fantastic cable
    Cons - Larger size may not suit everyone, Some cosmetic QC issues, Separation could do with some work, Thinner treble
    Introduction –

Kinera is yet another up and coming Chi-Fi manufacturer who, until now, have yet to really produce a runaway hit. To my knowledge, they have only one in-ear under their belt, the BD005, which was well received amongst a small group of enthusiasts but failed to really capture the iem market like other in-ears from TFZ, Magaosi/Audbos and even Simgot. So it came as a surprise when their newest earphone, the H3, blew up on social media. With an immensely prospective triple hybrid driver setup combined with a very reasonable $100 USD asking price, the H3 almost instantly became one of the most talked about, sought after earphones on the net.

Though I’m not one to be swayed by common perceptions, after all, budget hybrid earphones are nothing we haven’t seen before from manufacturers like 1More, Xiaomi and Magaosi. And in many ways, the H3’s reception very much reflected that of the K3 Pro with early impressions comparing them favourably to more expensive models and the same amount of ecstatic excitement orbiting every teaser post on social media. With that said, let’s see how good the H3 really is.

Disclaimer –

I would like to thank Steve from Kinera Audio very much for his quick communication and for providing me with the H3 for the purpose of review. All words are my own and there is no monetary incentive for a positive review. Despite receiving the earphones free of cost, I will attempt to be as objective as possible in my evaluation.

About Me, Background, Gear of choice, Preferences and Biases –

I generally prefer a u-shaped sound that is close to neutral. I like a lot of detail and clarity but can appreciate a smooth, laid back sound. I’m not particularly treble sensitive so I may be more forgiving of brightness over darkness. I will note if I use a different eartip/pad/cover during the review and describe the sound changes.

Accessories –

[​IMG]

While they aren’t quite as lavishly packaged as the K3 HD and Simgotearphones, the H3 nonetheless has a much nicer unboxing than most Chi-fi earphones. They come packaged within a textured hard box with gold print denoting the brand and model. The box magnetically latches open to reveal the hard case, flight adapter and ¼” adapter within foam.

[​IMG]

The case is on the larger side and is similar to units included with Shozy products, it is protective and adequately stores the earphones and accessories in addition to a small DAP though portability is not ideal.

[​IMG]

Inside the case is the H3 and 3 pairs of Sony hybrid style ear tips. The tips are very comfortable and mimic the superb fit and seal offered by the authentic Sony’s. While a few of them had offset stems, I didn’t find this to noticeably affect fit and they are otherwise well moulded. I’m a huge fan of the Sony Hybrid tips and unsurprisingly, Kinera’s imitation tips provided much the same experience with comfort and seal.

Design –

The H3 is an intriguing earphone with a custom style housing that reminds me of Ibasso’s IT03 albeit appreciably more compact. They assume an over-ear fit and achieve impressive comfort and solidity despite their unorthodox housing design and entirely acrylic construction. At present, Kinera provide the H3 in red, black and blue, all with the same black faceplate.

[​IMG]

Despite being entirely constructed from plastic, the H3’s feel very solid, rigid and well-weighted in the hand whilst remaining forgiving on the ear. Their semi translucent housings add a lot of visual intrigue to their funky design and their gloss black faceplates adorned with golden Kinera logos are both classy and eye catching. Kinera is using a two-layer process to achieve a uniquely smooth look on the faceplates. Unfortunately, my set was riddled with small bubbles and even a notably large one on the tip of the left earpiece out of the box. Perhaps there was some issue with the lamination since my unit is a pre-production review sample and the earphones are otherwise flawless with no seams of joining issues, I am also able to press the clear coat back onto the underlying paint though it only holds temporarily.

[​IMG]

And in terms of fit, don’t let their larger dimensions and strange protrusions deter you, the H3 provides a very solid, stable fit that is easily one of the best I’ve experienced around this price. The earphones slot into the ear with authority and lock firmly into place, staying put when running. Furthermore, they do so without any sense of discomfort like the iBasso IT03, providing great if not perfect comfort over long listening sessions. Buyers also shouldn’t worry too much about public appearance, due to their medium depth fit, the earphones don’t protrude too much and look quite subtle when worn with only the black faceplate visible to onlookers.

[​IMG]

The nozzle itself is perfectly angled though it has no fluting or ridging so eartips can be prone to falling off. It is of a common size, fitting T200 Comply foam tips in addition to CP100 Spinfits and Sony Hybrids which is great for those that can’t find a solid seal with the included tips (though they are almost identical to Hybrids). The tips is finished off with a nice metal filter that prevents earwax and debris from entering the housings.

[​IMG]

The H3’s are vented though very minimally so and they produce as strong a seal as the fully sealed TFZ King. Some driver flex is present though I didn’t notice any audio degradation over time. Isolation isn’t as flawless as the fully sealed King but remains immediately superior to more open hybrid designs like the K3 Pro and I had no issue using the H3’s on public transport. That being said, one thing Kinera could consider in a predecessor, is relocating the vent on the tops of the earphones to another location. I found that the left vent was covered by my ear while the right vent was left open, simply due to the shape of my ear. However, this produced a different amount of isolation in either ear, creating an uncomfortable sensation and finding the right was a bit more finicky than necessary.

[​IMG]

Fortunately, the H3’s come with a fabulous 0.78mm removable cable system that is perhaps not as widely adopted as MMCX but is more reliable and less temperamental. The cable itself is of terrific quality, it’s a 6N silver plated copper design with a nice braid and super soft texture. The cable is supple, easily coiling for storage and quickly untangles when removed from a pocket/case. In addition, the pre-formed ear guides were perfectly shaped for my ears unlike the TFZ Exclusive series, Magaosi K3 earphones and Simgot EN700 Bass, producing superior stability, comfort and practicality. The cable also resists microphonic noise when walking and its smoother texture avoids catching on clothing. This is topped off with a low-profile y-split that avoids severing the cable to enhance durability and a case friendly Oyaide style plug with ample strain relief.

[​IMG]

The H3, despite some small quality control issues with my unit, nonetheless delivers some of the best ergonomics I’ve experienced around this price. They have a solid but lightweight build that is stable in the ear, great passive noise isolation, a strong, reliable seal and pleasing comfort. Moreover, their excellent cable really enhances usability and their classy look provides a splash of colour without coming off as even remotely gaudy.

Sound –

The H3 combines a single dynamic driver with two balanced armatures of unspecified size and model creating a very convincing hybrid setup that easily rivals the Magaosi K3 Pro and 1More Triple Driver. While I was immensely excited to crack the H3 open and give them a thorough listen upon receival, I was at the time committed to my review of the Magaosi K3 HD, a similarly priced earphone that utilizes a similar hybrid driver setup. But even coming from the more expensive K3 HD, the Kinera H3 immediately impressed me with their excellent detailing, natural midrange and bass performance that far outstripped the competition. The H3 is not the flagship killer than many have put it out to be, but it is a fantastically well-tuned earphone nonetheless and one that many buyers in the market for a sub $100 earphone can strongly consider.

Tonality –

The H3 is a v-shaped earphone with an emphasis on sub and deep-bass and lower treble. And though they carry a slightly brighter sound with less present lower midrange elements, they lack the immediate sense of brightness created by the TFZ King. They are a slightly more aggressive earphone that lies closest to the TFZ King in tuning from the earphones around this price that I’ve tested, though their more even midrange grants them with an appreciably more balanced sound on a whole and they never came off as mid-forward or mid-recessed to my ear.

Drivability –

The H3 is a relatively easy earphone to drive with a higher 101dB sensitivity that makes them just a little less efficient than the TFZ King. Unfortunately, this also means they pick up the same amount of hiss from most sources though noise is hardly as noticeable as something like the Campfire Jupiter. Moreover, with a 48ohm impedance, the earphones aren’t as sensitive to output impedance as the majority of hybrid earphones nor are they excessively power hungry, making them a nice daily in-ear that works perfectly with portable sources. From my HTC 10, the H3 sounded very nice with no hiss and a very similar tonality to my sub-1ohm Oppo HA-2. My 10 and iPod Touch also provided more than enough volume, I typically stuck to 1-3/16 volume levels, leaving plenty of overhead for louder volume listeners. And despite that higher impedance, the H3’s didn’t find a huge benefit from amplification though they did scale nicely when plugged into my HA-2, Mojo or X7 with notably improved bass resolution in particular. The H3 is well designed to maximise their sound quality from portable sources with enough technical ability to take advantage of dedicated DAC/AMPs.

Soundstage, Imaging and Separation –

The H3’s soundstage is one of the weaker aspects of their sound though it is good enough to avoid holding the rest of the sound back. The H3 doesn’t have the most spacious presentation, the K3 HD, King and EN700 Bass all sound immediately wider than the H3 though the Kinera hardly suffers from congestion. They have a wider presentation, width sits on the periphery of that out of the head sensation but rarely extends much beyond. Depth is similarly intimate to the K3 HD, which is enough to convincingly portray live recordings but still lacks the immersion of higher priced in-ears like the 1More Quad Driver. Imaging is good, not great and instruments have accurate placement even if they can’t always be pinpointed; the King does quite a bit better in this regard. The H3 also has some issues with separation, again, they never sound congested, but mids aren’t quite as layered as the King and highs sound more integrated but intimate than the K3 HD.

Bass –

The first thing I noticed was the H3’s exceptional bass reproduction that seemed all too developed for an earphone costing just $99 USD. I do feel like that statement requires some context, the H3’s still don’t possess the slam and definition of the Flares Pros or New Primacy’s for instance but, when compared to the rather uninspiring competition, the H3 is easily one of the best. This begins with their fantastic sub-bass extension that matches the class-leading Basic, slightly edges out the TFZ King and provides a substantial leap over the EN700 Bass and Magaosi earphones. Tuning is also very well considered, bass has slight emphasis throughout and while bass is linear, sub and deep bass are their driving force. Quantity wise, they are closer to the King than the warmer K3 HD though low notes have great depth augmented by a nice sense of power and weight. They also lack the bloat of the Simgot’s and Magaosi’s in addition to the muddiness of the Basics by nature of their tuning. The H3 is also appreciably more textured and defined than the King, bass on the H3 is taught and easily the most balanced and linear of all the aforementioned earphones.

When listening to Earth, Wind & Fire’s “In the Stone”, the H3 easily provided my favourite rendition among these earphones with a tight, snappy sub-bass rhythm accompanied by full yet textured mid-bass and a slightly warmer upper-bass response that avoided midrange spillage. By contrast, the slower K3 earphones and Simgots struggled to extract texture from the rapid bass line while the King’s slightly muddier response and mid-bass dip (relative to the H3), sapped them off some bass detail. The H3 still isn’t the fastest earphone I’ve heard, far from it, even the King has slightly better transience partly due to their leaner response and generally well-tuned driver. That being said, they very skillfully combine the fuller tuning offered by many earphones around this price with the technical strengths of TFZ’s budget masterpiece. Of course, buyers need to consider that the K3 still doesn’t compete with hybrid earphones like the $300 New Primacy or the $1000 AKG K3003 nor do they come close to the single dynamic driver ie800 and Flares Pro; those earphones are tighter, more detailed and more textured. But considering that those earphones also cost magnitudes more, the H3 is truly a mastery of both tuning and quality, they are a rarity at this price.

Midrange –

The H3’s continue their tirade of superiority into their midrange which is similarly very well considered for their asking price. Some added clarity imbues subtle immediacy to midrange elements without sounding thin, raspy or unnatural as some clarity orientated earphones around this price tend to. The H3 is also quite balanced through their midrange with just a slightly brighter tuning that is immediately clearer than the Simgot EN700 Bass, more balanced than the V-shaped K3 earphones and more even than the mid-forward King. Male vocals are very well done, full-bodied and clear if not quite as clean sounding as the TFZ King. Simply Red’s “Stars” sounded raw and vibrant, yet not artificially so while Ed Sheeran’s “Castle on the Hill” was flattered with full yet defined vocals. Upper mids are similarly flattered which is rare given that most budget earphones struggle a bit with female vocals. The H3 once again impresses with its well-refined tones, vocals never come off as fatiguing, strident or over-forward and guitars are sublime with excellent detail retrieval that matches and occasionally outdoes the K3 HD. And while the H3 is slightly more aggressive in its presentation, female vocals are smooth and well-bodied as are strings, trumpets and wind instruments.

In terms of outright resolution, layering and clarity, no earphone around this price I’ve heard notably bests the TFZ King though the H3 comes remarkably close. In addition, the H3 takes a step back on clarity in favour of a little more midrange body, lacking the sligthly off voicing of the King. They also sounded more “correct” to my ear when switching from the Magaosi K3 HD and when switching from more expensive in-ears such as the $599 64Audio U3 and $800 Campfire Jupiter. Usually, direct comparison to these in-ears really reveals the flaws in a budget earphone’s tuning but the H3 had no outstanding tonal deviations even if quality and refinement weren’t competitive. The H3 was also surprisingly consistent and forgiving of different mastering styles; whether I was listening to the brighter tones of the pop charts or the mellower mastering of classical and jazz, the H3 provided a revolving, natural and perfectly bodied response. As for the downsides, the H3 doesn’t have the greatest midrange layering and separation and they do lack the transparency of higher priced or more neutral offerings like Hifiman’s RE400/600, but they do provide an exceptionally pleasing tonality with gobs of detail and nuance; something that is surprisingly hard to come by and that many manufacturers would like to charge a lot more for.

Highs –

While the H3 greatly impressed me with their detail retrieval and clarity, treble isn’t quite as flawless as the bass and midrange responses with some tonal oddities that compromise refinement and, at times, detail. The H3 is roughly in-between the K3 HD and King in tuning with a slightly more aggressive lower treble response and some extra middle treble granting them with great clarity to treble notes. Listening to David Bowie’s “Everyone Says Hi” and the H3 provided a clarity that was on par with the TFZ King yet one that was similarly a little thin if not quite as splashy. The H3 did sound more tonally pleasing to my ear than the King and due to their more even treble, especially with regards to lower/middle treble, they were also appreciably more detailed. In fact, the H3 has similar detail retrieval to the exemplary K3 HD making them one of the most detailed earphones around this price. In addition, the H3 manages great high-frequency resolution and very good extension that was on par with the K3 HD and King if not immediately superior; high-hats have pleasing texture and cymbals are granted plenty of air, strings sound expansive and the H3 produces some nice shimmer when called for. Moreover, they do so without sounding metallic or harsh, the H3 never came off as fatiguing to me even when listening to brighter tracks.

But where detailing and clarity are all immensely impressive, the H3 does suffer from some treble issues. For instance, cymbals do tend to sound tizzy and very high-frequency details get thinned out and a little truncated despite their extension being quite good. While the H3 isn’t as peaky as the K3 Pro, the K3 HD is a slightly more even treble performer, with similarly impressive detail retrieval on top. The H3 isn’t inherently flawed with regards to high-frequency reproduction but I do have to be critical. And to my ears, the treble tuning on the H3 slots in nicely with the rest of the sound even if they are lacking some body, smoothness and that last element of refinement.

Verdict –

It can be hard reviewing an earphone like this, one that is so thoroughly hyped but so thoroughly dismantles the competition. Because while there is no doubt in my mind that the Kinera H3 is a fabulous earphone, it is still far from a perfect iem and even $200 earphones like the Pinnacle P1 will easily best them in terms of sheer sound quality. But that’s not to say that the H3 is a bad buy because, at just $99, they provide exceptional refinement within their tuning while retaining a truly surprising amount of nuance. The H3 has replaced the TFZ King as my $100 benchmark with that similar technical ability wrapped within a more pleasing, linear tonality and a more stable, compact shell.

[​IMG]

The H3 gets a resounding recommendation for any buyer looking for a u-shaped earphone with great detailing, a clear but natural midrange and a class leading bass response. Of course, bass lovers should still look into the Oriveti Basic and those who prefer a more dynamic tonality can definitely consider the K3 HD, but the H3 provided the nicest balance of elements to my ear. To top it off, they also have a super stable, comfortable fit and an excellent cable that is better than those included on earphones costing several hundred dollars. Their excellent noise isolation and removable cable also make them a practical, durable daily driver and their added stability over the TFZ King makes it the clear choice for any kind of active use.

Verdict – 9.5/10, There is no shortage of readers asking for the best ~$100 earphone on the market and Kinera have done a great thing, they’ve made my job a lot easier, the H3 makes an easy recommendation not only due to their accessible yet highly enjoyable sound but also their featured design and excellent build. And while I do have some qualms with quality control, any issues I experienced didn’t affect listening.

Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed my review, please have a look at my blog for more just like it:
  4. yacobx
    Written by yacobx
    Published Jul 28, 2017
    Pros - Fit, Sound Quality, cable, Case
    Cons - Power hungry
    The Kinera H3 is the newest addition to their IEM family. Most of you may know this brand from their entry level IEM the BD005. It was a dual driver, single BA single dynamic. It was popular for its price and the sound quality it achieved at its price point. I have not ever had the chance to listen to it but from reviews I have read – I have an understanding that it comes across bass heavy. Initially, I thought that this would be the same for the H3. I was wrong. It was all by chance that I met their rep named, Steve Tong. Over lengthy conversations on Facebook messenger I began to understand the new direction that Kinera is headed in. The H3 is just the start of their new direction.

Kinera's Facebook

Jake 3 (1 of 1).jpg Jake  (1 of 1).jpg Jake 4 (1 of 1).jpg Jake 1 (1 of 1).jpg Jake 2 (1 of 1).jpg

Let’s talk about the earphone and accessories for a moment. The Kinera H3 comes in a very professional looking box (my opinion is based on the fact that I get lots of ear buds and they come in just a bag most of the time lol). Once you open it up there is their contact info and warranty card. Underneath that is the IEM carrying case and an adaptor for professional use. The H3 is packed safely away in the carrying case. As soon as you open it up you will most likely be amazed by the quality of the cable and earphone. Speaking of the cable – I love the Velcro strap included to keep tidy. Also included is the tip selection that look very similar to the Sony tips but at not the same. The nozzle is smaller on the tips included with the H3. The Sony tips slip right off. The earphone is made of ABS acrylic. Feels very high end and sturdy. Wearing them is the best experience I have had with an IEM to date. For reference, I am comparing this to the Jomo 6r universal when I am talking about fit. The case does a nice job keeping all the tips and earphone protected during travel. That case style has become popular but for good reason.

KINERA H3 2Balanced Armature+1Dynamic Driver Triple Drivers Hybrid Detachable In-ear Earphone ( copied from Penon Audio)

Description

• Model : KINERA H3 In-ears monitor
    • Color available :translucent black /red/ blue
    • Wire Material: 6n single crystal copper plating silver

• Kinera H3
    • 6 pairs of silicone eartips (S/M/L)
    • 2 adapters
    • Carry box

On to the sound, this is where things get interesting. Earlier, I talked about how the IEM was not bass heavy. This is true, I find this IEM to be what some people refer to as flat or balanced. Those words are overused in this hobby… Whatever... it is true. The IEM is power hunger. It is listed as 48 ohms and if you use it on an underpowered source is sounds bright. The H3 also needs burn in time. If you play the H3 on a weak source the dynamic drive takes a back seat and the upper frequencies sound thin. For example, I used my IPhone 7 plus for a couple hours and it was obvious the dynamic driver was struggling. I do not suggest any weak sources. As I write this review I am using the Hifimediy Sabre 9018. It is my favorite go to USB dac for on the go or at work. With a set up like this or better (like a good DAP or DAP AMP combo) the H3 can shine. All the frequencies are present and cooperate with each other well. The Bass is deep and has a natural quality only dynamic drivers can produce. The Mids are coherent and have wonderful separation far beyond what their price tag dictates. The Highs are perfect for me. What I mean by that is that they are right on the edge of being sharp but don’t cross the line. When Kinera included their frequency response graph with the earphone I thought that this earphone was going to be rolled off highs and strong bass. It was not. Don’t be fooled by the graph – all the other reviewers are also talking about the present highs. I looked further into the topic and the graph is actually very similar to a popular Camp Fire audio IEM. It was just the way that they squashed the graph together on the high end that made it look that way. The Soundstage is a good mix of intimate and has enough width to fill the head space. Personally I prefer intimate earphones over super wide. With that being said I am a happy camper. IMG_5818.JPG

( I have tried many tips and settled on Spinfit CP 100 mediums for my favorite )

Overall, this is an exciting step for this company as they head in a new direction. I have been privy to what things are to come and let me be first to say – keep an eye on these guys as they are on a mission to give the people what they want. Good quality for a good price.

Disclaimer – I received these IEM’s for free for my opinions. Please ask me any questions you have.
      jeffhawke likes this.
  5. audio123
    Kinera H3 - Triple Hybrid Delight!
    Written by audio123
    Published Jul 20, 2017
    Pros - Treble Extension, Soundstage Width & Transparent Mids
    Cons - More Sub-Bass Extension
    Introduction
    Kinera produced their first iem in BD005 which is a 1 Balanced Armature + 1 Dynamic design. I get to know the existence of BD005 through E-earphone and I started to follow the brand as they look good. When Kinera started asking for reviewers to help them review their Kinera H3 which is their new product in a standard triple hybrid configuration – 2 Balanced Armature & 1 Dynamic, I decided to take up the opportunity. I would like to thank Kinera for this review unit and I will give my judgement on the H3. So far as of now, you can purchase the Kinera H3 through https://penonaudio.com/KINERA-H3 . The H3 will be available in 3 different colours – Blue, Black & Red. For more information on Kinera, you can check https://www.facebook.com/kinera2017/

upload_2017-7-20_22-23-31.png

Specifications
    • Wire Material: 6n single crystal silver plated copper
    • Plug material: 3.5mm golden plated
    • Earphone interface: 2-pin (0.78mm)

Unboxing & Accessories
    The Kinera H3 comes in a black rectangular box sporting a golden Kinera logo on the surface. Inside the box, you get a 6.3mm to 3.5mm golden plated adapter, airplane adapter, user manual, appreciation card and a black storage case which contains a pack of eartips (S, M, L) & the Kinera H3.

The adapters are quite useful for different purposes – travelling and home usage. User manual gives a detailed explanation on how to use the Kinera H3. I like the concept of providing an appreciation card in the package which is a nice gesture as it gives a premium feel to the user. The eartips provided are silicone and they reminded me of the Sony Hybrid Silicone eartips.

The black storage case has a black Kinera logo on it and it is rectangular. The exterior of the case is smooth and semi-hard. The case has a black colour zipper. Unzipping the case is quite smooth as the zipper does not get stuck in the process of unzipping. I have to point this out as I had bad experiences with some cases in which there is too much resistance in unzipping it. Inside the case, the interior is made of a fleece-like material. One side of the case has a cloth mesh which is used to function as a separate compartment to put accessories such as the adapters and eartips. In my case, I put either another iem or an upgrade cable. This type of case has been one of my favourites due to the size and the soft texture.

upload_2017-7-20_22-25-53.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-26-1.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-26-7.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-26-17.png

IEM Build & Design
    The Kinera H3 that I am reviewing is in red colour. I expect the build quality to be the same for other colours too. The H3 has a glossy black faceplate with a gold Kinera logo on it. The combination of black and gold synergises with one another well and I am a big fan of the aesthetics. The shell is a dark translucent red and you can still see through to observe the drivers. The dynamic driver is pretty noticeable since it is the biggest in size. It utilises 2-pin 0.78mm flushed socket for the detachable cables. Moving on to the design, it is akin to a custom iem shell but in a universal form, just like the iBasso IT03. In my opinion, the shell is quite perfect for my ears but this can be subjective as we have different ears, thus we will have different fittings of it. The nozzle is straight and I am able to use SpinFit tips with it. I tried with other tips from Acoustune, JVC or Sony and it yields a good result as it can fit. The nozzle has a metal mesh too which is used to block earwax from going into the interior of the iem.
    upload_2017-7-20_22-28-42.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-27-2.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-27-6.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-27-13.png

Cable Build & Design
    The cable is not your usual stock cable. It seems to be an upgrade over the normal stock cable for detachable iems. As stated in the specifications, the material of the cable is made of 6N single crystal silver plated copper. Let start off from top to down. At the 2-pin connector, you will see a marking of different colours on each respectively. Red colour will indicate the right side while blue colour will indicate the left side. It is a nice touch so users can differentiate between left & right. There is a memory wire area whereby the cable is being enclosed in a transparent heat-shrink tube. It is very flexible and different from the usual stiff memory cable. The cable is braided with 4 wire conductors. There is a translucent y-splitter. The jack is 3.5mm gold plated and has a silver housing with grip.

upload_2017-7-20_22-29-29.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-29-33.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-29-49.png

Sound Analysis
    Lows

The H3 has a sub-bass extension that goes rather deeply with a nice rumble. The mid-bass is not very authoritative. It is controlled and smooth. The bass has an above average decay and the bass note packs a punch to it. I find it very controlled for a dynamic driver. The bass does not hit hard at all and instead it helps to add some body to ease the transition into the midrange so the lower mids will not be lean. I was on low gain initially but after changing to high gain on my DAP, the bass becomes more tight and clean. It gives a kick to the bass as it is being expressed with more authority. Either low or high gain, I still find the bass rather pleasing and there is no shortage in the quality and quantity.
    Mids
    The midrange is slightly recessed. The lower mids have a nice body to it that suits male vocals particularly well. The mids are slightly bright due to the detailed upper mids. Midrange is very transparent and crystal clear without sacrificing on any aspects of the midrange. It packs details and does not sound analytical at all. Instead, it is very lively and natural. There is a good balance between technicality and musicality.
    Highs
    The treble has great clarity to it and most important is that there is no sibilance even with SpinFit tips. It is extended well without any graininess. The crisp gives the treble a nice bite that adds a dynamic punch to your music. In my opinion, the treble can do well with more body so it will be a fuller performance. Other than that, I feel it has an appropriate amount of air, extension and clarity.
    Soundstage
    The H3 has a wide soundstage which is above average. It gives a 3D feel and encapsulates the listener in the process. The depth of it is decent enough to give some intimacy. With its width, it enhances the overall imaging and provides a fuller sound.

Comparisons
    I use the Ibasso DX200 to compare the iems.

Kinera H3 vs iBasso IT03 with Stock Cable
    The H3 has less sub-bass quantity and extension than the IT03. The mid-bass on both iems are approximately the same with H3 slightly ahead due to its more dynamic punch. Overall, IT03 bass is much tighter with a faster decay. I would say H3 has a thicker bass note than IT03 so it makes IT03 seem very clinical and precise when comparing both of them. The lower mids on both are very similar. I would choose the H3 for the midrange as the upper mids is not as shouty as IT03. H3’s upper mids are much more smooth and crisp. IT03 has better extended treble and provides more sparkle than the H3. Soundstage on both has similar width but H3 has more depth, thus it is able to provide more intimacy for vocals.

Kinera H3 vs Fidue A83
    The H3’s sub-bass does not extend as deep as A83 and has less quantity too. The mid-bass of A83 is more controlled and reserved than the H3. H3’s bass is more detailed and clinical than the A83. The decay of H3 is quicker due to the bass note on the A83 having more weight. This does not mean the A83 bass is sluggish, it just cannot keeps up with the H3. The lower mids on both are approximately the same. The upper mids on H3 is more forward than A83. There is a slight grain to A83 in comparison to the H3. H3 has slightly more airiness than A83. The sparkle on both are quite close. A83 has a deeper soundstage while H3 has a wider soundstage. Instruments positioning is better on the H3.

Kinera H3 vs FLC8S (Red-Grey-Gold)
    The H3 sub-bass extension is not as deep as FLC8S but it has more quantity. The H3’s mid-bass has more slam to it and enhances the dynamics. Lower mids on the FLC8S are thinner than H3 and male vocals sound grainy. The upper mids of FLC8S is more articulate and smoother than the H3. There is more crisp to it as such. FLC8S treble is more extended and with the air and sparkle it boasts, the H3 is unable to keep up with it. FLC8S has a slightly wider soundstage and both shares similar depth.

Kinera H3 vs Oriolus Forsteni
    The sub-bass extension on both are around the same but Forsteni has more crisp to it. The Forsteni has a much clearer bass definition. Mid-bass of Forsteni provides more thump to the music. The lower mids on both are on the thin side. The upper mids of H3 has more definition to it and there is less grain. It is more pleasing to hear the H3. The treble of Forsteni is extended better with more air but it is shouty in comparison to the H3 which gives one a more intimate feel. Both has similar width on soundstage and H3 has a more depth.

Kinera H3 vs Campfire Audio Dorado
    The sub-bass of H3 is less extended than the Dorado. Dorado has better bass definition and there is more quantity. The mid-bass of H3 has a sweeter punch to it. Lower mids of Dorado is thicker than the H3. Upper mids of H3 is presented more clinically than the laidback Dorado. Dorado has more air and sparkle in its treble department which makes the mids more recessed than H3. Dorado has the advantage in soundstage for both width and depth.

upload_2017-7-20_22-32-51.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-33-0.png
    upload_2017-7-20_22-34-13.png

Conclusion
    I am pretty impressed by the H3 after being exposed to many top performing triple hybrids in the market already. The H3 has a very controlled bass and sweet upper mids. The bass quantity may not be for bassheads but I feel at its price point, the bass definition is excellent. Whether you want to listen to male or female vocals, the H3 does them justice. I am delighted to be able to listen to the Kinera H3.

upload_2017-7-20_22-33-8.png

For more reviews, visit https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/ .
  6. Dobrescu George
    Kinera H3 - Treble'y Good
    Written by Dobrescu George
    Published Jan 25, 2018
    Pros - Clear Sound, Good Quality Construction, Price, Aesthetics, Detail Retrieval, Bright, Energetic, Vivid, Dynamic, Lively, Sweet, Zvelt, Revealing, Fun Sound
    Cons - It is quite revealing and bright, best go for it you prefer this type of sound.
    Kinera H3 - Trebley Good

Kinera H3 is well known for their rather unique sonic signature, bright and energetic, for which it has also been criticized in the past. We take a closer look at Kinera's approach to music in their H3 In-Eear Monitor.

Introduction

Kinera is a new company to the IEM scene, but they took everyone by surprise with their first entry-level IEM which was loved by all markets. Now they made H3, their first midrange level IEM, which promises to do a lot, and which shouldn't be taken lightly. Kinera's PR has been doing an amazing job, and they are known for fixing any issues that arise with their products, and for being extremely communicative with their fans and with the people who bought their products.

It should be noted that I have absolutely no affiliation with Kinera, I am not receiving any incentive for this review or to sweeten things out. This review is not sponsored nor has been paid for by Kinera or anyone else. I'd like to thank Steve from Kinera for providing the sample for the review. The sample was provided along with Kinera's request for an honest and unbiased review. This review will be as objective as it is humanly possible, and it reflects my personal experience with Kinera H3. Every opinion expressed is mine and I stand by it, the purpose of this review is to help those interested in Kinera H3 find their next music companion.

About me

Packaging

First things first, let's get the packaging out of the way:

[​IMG]

Kinera H3 comes in a basic package, enough to keep it safe from any kind of damage during transport. The whole package is made out of black cardboard, in which the IEMs come hidden in an excellent transport case. Next to it, you can find a 3.5mm adapter, and a flight adapter.

Upon opening the carrying case that hides the IEMs, you can find a large selection of tips, and Kinera H3.

Kinera H3 is an acrylic IEM which reminds of custom-type of IEMs. They come with an amazingly good cable, which is quite thick and which feels quite nice.

The selection of tips is also pretty good, providing two flavors of tips, each in three sizes.

What to look in when purchasing a high-end IEM

Technical Specifications

Build Quality/Aesthetics/Fit

Starting with their build quality, Kinera H3 looks very well-made, being an acrylic IEM which looks like a universal version of custom IEM (CIEM). They have a beautiful black plate on the outer side, with "Kinera" etched there in a silvery writing. The IEM body is slightly transparent, so you get to see the beauty of engineering Kinera built inside H3.

[​IMG]

The cable has a guided rubbey part where it connects to the IEM, and it is detachable, relying on a 2-pin connector to attach to H3. The cable is not overly thick, being supple and easy to move, while the 3.5mm plug is gold-plated. The plug also features one of the most solid plug types I've seen with a IEM, being on the same level with the high-end ones that one can find with much more expensive IEMs.

The IEMs feel very solid while in hand, and they don't look like they would scratch easily, or break. Kinera H3 is a 2xBA + 1xDynamic driver hybrid setup which should put together the advantages of both technologies, the clarity and precision of a BA, along to the naturalness of a dynamic driver.

The fit and comfort is excellent, save for some driver flex, which doesn't bother every single user out there, but can be problematic for some. The IEM's shape is made to be ergonomic and comfortable, while the tip selection is very good. For the test I used Spinfit tips since my ears are most accustomed to those tips and their sound, but the tips included with H3 are quite nice and provide good seal along with pretty nice comfort.

It should be noted that H3 doesn't feature a lip at the end of its bore, instead that part being slightly enlarged, thing which might seem scary at first, but I discovered that in all my time with them, the tip didn't slide off the bore once. Since I never had the rubber tip remain in my ear after I pulled them out, it can be said that the design works flawlessly for them.

Sound Quality

[​IMG]

Kinera H3 has a strongly defined character, with a tighter and very deep bass, a clear, vivid, yet recessed midrange, and a bright and energetic treble that gives a very vivid and lively sparkle to all music.

The signature is extremely detailed and revealing, Kinera H3 being one of the most revealing IEMs I heard at the 100$ price range, provided one likes the sonic signature with an enhanced treble. The sonic signature is quite V-shaped with a strong emphasis on bass, and especially on the treble, Kinera H3 being quite excellent with records that are either too smooth, or which you'd like presented with an extra bit of brightness. J-Pop and K-Pop always sounds interesting, bright, vivid and lively, Kinera H3 providing one of the best presentations for this type of music. Electronic music also has excellent sparkle and a dance-inducing sub-bass that makes Kinera H3 quite the lively IEM.

Bass

[​IMG]

The sub-bass provides excellent rumble and impact, having exceedingly good extension for this price range, and being audible even at quieter listening levels. It never bleeds into the midrange, and it is resolving enough for H3 to be quite deep sounding yet extremely clear. The upper bass can be found less in amount when compared to the sub-bass and it is a bit higher in amount when compared to the lower midrange. Instruments have a fair weight to them, and the sub-bass of Electronic music is quite satisfying, while symphonic metal tends to be a tad lighter than I prefer, given the less relative upper bass and lower midrange.

Midrange

[​IMG]

The lower midrange is a bit recessed compared to the bass and sub-bass, giving the whole sound an ever so slightly thinner presentation than most IEMs at this price point, but it quickly recovers after 1kHz, providing very good force, vibrance, and power for the vocals, especially female vocals in J-Pop. There is a bit of a peak around 2-3 kHz which provides voices with excellent vividness, a tuning excellent for J-Pop and J-Rock, the female voices in J-Pop or K-Pop sounding especially sweet with Kinera H3. There is a dip at the 3kHz area which makes musiv a bit more forward, which again works well with J-Pop, but might not work with Jazz for example, depending on one's listening expectations and preferences.

Treble

[​IMG]

The treble of Kinera H3 is quite enhanced, graphs showing it 20dB above the midrange, and 10dB above the bass. This basically means that H3 will have a very strong and bright top end that gives cymbals a magical shimmer and vibrance which leads to an excellent presentation of music if you want it to sound bright and open / airy. The enhanced area is situated in the 6-8kHz area, being high enough for cymbals to not be entirely hot, but for them to be attractive. There is a trace of sibilance with some tracks, Kinera H3 being quite good at revealing sibilance if it was present in the track. All in all, the bright nature of Kinera H3 is one of its strong points, giving them a magical revealing ability, especially for its price point. Acoustic music, Electronic, and J-Pop / K-Pop sounds quite excellent with H3, while Metal and Classical can be a bit bright, especially with certain records.

Soundstage

[​IMG]

Kinera H3 has a fair soundstage, their signature being better at giving good instrument separation rather than giving them a large soundstage width and height or depth. Even so, they don't sound constrained, having a natural width and height. One thing H3 is quite good at, is their ability to position instruments properly directionally, especially in binaural records being easy to hear where a sound is coming from. All in all, they do a fair job for their price, their soundstage being overally fair and enjoyable.

ADSR/PRaT

[​IMG]

Due to their rather unique tuning, Kinera H3 has an interesting ability to give certain songs, especially those extremely dynamically compressed, a feeling that they are more dynamic and that they have a better ADSR than they have. With songs that already have a large dynamic range, H3 can over enhance it a bit, leading to a sound that has a bit too long decay in the treble, but since over 90% of my music collection tends to be dynamically compressed from quite dynamically compressed, to very dynamically compressed, to songs that almost no dynamic range, H3 tends to make a large part of it more enjoyable, making everything sounds a tad more "live" and less compressed, especially at quiet listening levels. Regardless whether it sounds like a nifty trick or an interesting approach, it works well with certain tracks.

Portable Usage

[​IMG]

Kinera H3 is a very easy to drive IEM that was thought to be used portably, and they provide excellent service in this sense, being light, having a good cable, and being very easy to drive, sounding great even from a smartphone. They tend to isolate the listener quite well from the outside noise, and H3 sits well in ears, the cable guides helping quite a bit with this. Over-the-ear wearing style also isolates the listener from cable noise, which is also called "microphonics". All in all, H3 is quite portable and a great IEM to take outside, or even to the gym being ergonomic enough to stay in ears while walking or even running.

Select Pairings

[​IMG]

Please note that for any pairing, the IEM has more impact on the final result than the DAP, the best DAP being one that is as transparent as possible. Kinera H3 sounds better with smooth and warm DAPs, since their signature is quite bright and enthusiastic already.

Kinera H3 + HIFIMAN MEGAMINI - An excellent pairing, Megamini is able to provide a very lively and vivid sound to H3. There is some hiss in the background, but it isn't noticeable at all while listening to music. The bass is deep, the midrange feels lively, and the treble is bright and energetic with this combination.

Kinera H3 + Shanling M2s - A very good approach, as M2s tends to be a bit warmer, and it tones H3 down a bit, giving them a thicker sound, and smoothing out their treble a bit, providing a sound that is quite clear and dynamic, yet not overly bright.

Kinera H3 + Xiaomi Mi Max 2 - The match is quite good, Mi Max 2 being able to drive H3 very well, and giving them a slightly smoother sound.

Kinera H3 + HIDIZS AP200 - Another very good pairing, AP200 tends to give H3 less enhancement in the treble area, while giving them a thicker sound in the bass, AP200 being a bit warmer and smoother in its nature. The midrange is still quite vivid, clear and detailed, the pairing working out very well.

Kinera H3 + FiiO X5-3 - One of my favorite pairings, X5-3 being on the smoother side, it takes away some of the edge of H3, making them a more universal IEM with a presentation more suited for a wider range of music. There is a very slight trace of hiss with the combination, but it is not audible while listening to music.

Comparisons

Most comparisons have been taken with FiiO X7mkii+AM03A, Opus #2, Opus #1s, iBasso DX200+AMP5.

[​IMG]

Kinera H3 vs Dunu DK-3001 - Dunu DK-3001 tends to sound more natural and refined, but it is in another price category entirely. Starting with the bottom end, DK-3001 tends to have more bass, DK-3001 has more mid-bass, while H3 tends to have slightly more forward voices. The top end is very different, H3 being quite bright and enthusiastic, while DK-3001 tends to be quite natural. The revealing abilities of both are quite good, and while H3 brings the details more forward to the listener, DK-3001 tends to present a larger number of details, in a smoother way.

Kinera H3 vs FiiO F9 - F9 tends to have a bit more sub-bass, a stronger upper bass, and lower midrange, while H3 tends to have a more forward voice presentation. The top end is less enhanced on F9, and although they tend to be quite enhanced in the 6-8kHz area, H3 tends to be more enhanced and to bring the treble even closer to the listener. The detailing and revealing abilities of both are quite good, and besides the driver flex on h3, the comfort is quite good on both as well. In the long run, F9 tends to sound a bit more natural and to have more weight to each musical note, while H3 tends to be brighter.

Kinera H3 vs FiiO F9 Pro - F9Pro is the bigger brother of F9, having a similar sound, with the exception that they are more vivid and more open with an airier treble and with a better extension in the upper treble.

Kinera H3 vs iBasso IT01 - iBasso IT01 tends to have similar amounts of sub-bass, with a considerably more enhanced mid-bass, giving more weight to each musical note. The midrange is quite vivid and presented in similar fashion in both IT01 and H3, except that it is more recessed on H3, while the top end is brighter on H3, IT01 being more natural.

Kinera H3 vs Astrotec AM850 - AM850 tends to have a somewhat similar sound with H3, but with less treble enhancement, a more even midrange, and a larger soundstage presentation. The sound is thicker on AM850. Kinera H3 tends to bring the details more forward to the listener, being more revealing due to their enhanced treble.

Kinera H3 vs Oriveti New Primacy - Oriveti New Primacy tends to be considerably smoother than H3, with a smoother top end, less sub-bass amounts, more mid-bass amounts, and with a shallower fit than H3. H3 tends to be more revealing due to their enhanced treble.

Value and Conclusion

When it comes to their value, priced at 100$, Kinera H3 bears a very fair price tag, maybe even a tag that is too low for the level of detail and clarity they have. It is true that they have a very bright sound, one of the brightest sounds I heard, so it is best to go for Kinera H3 if you know you enjoy the cymbal crashes with a bit of added glimmer and sparkle, otherwise they might prove to be a bit too much. They tend to reveal sibilance easily, so music that had sibilance will also be sibilant with them, but they make excellent work with J-Pop and J-Rock, giving dynamically compressed music a new breath of life.

[​IMG]

The construction quality of H3 is quite good, being made of high quality acrylic, with a very vivid color. The cable looks and feels very high quality, having a very thick and sturdy yet quite good looking 3.5mm jack, with excellent 2-pin connectors. The carry case looks and feels quite high quality, while the included accessories include all that is needed to enjoy H3 to the fullest.

If you want to experience one of the brightest, sparkliest and liveliest IEMs in this price range, Kinera H3 is a unique experience, with a lot of dynamic range, clarity, and which is able to reveal details easily, bringing them forward to the listener. At 100$, Kinera H3 is a delice for those who enjoy bright sounds, and if you know yourself to be a treble-head, H3 is a IEM you can't miss. They are treble'y good!

I hope my review is helpful to you!

Stay safe and remember to always have fun while listening to music!

Link to the review on Audiophile-Heaven: https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/2018/01/kinera-h3-trebley-good.html

Link to the official Thread on Head-Fi: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-new-kinera-h3-triple-hybrid-iem.853161/

Link to the official product page: https://penonaudio.com/kinera-h3.html

Link to the writer’s head-fi page: https://head-fi.org/members/dobrescu-george.170938/

Audiophile Heaven: https://audiophile-heaven.blogspot.com/

Audiophile Heaven on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AudiophileHeaven/
    1. Brooko
      At 3K it dips George - the peak is early (between 1-2K) which is why it sounds dissonant. How many tip variants did you try to be able to call the lipless nozzle a success. I definitely lost tips in my ear. Funny how the one con you listed, you wrote as a “Pro”
      Brooko, Jan 25, 2018
      Dobrescu George likes this.
  7. Drewminus
    Impressive Value
    Written by Drewminus
    Published Dec 17, 2017
    Pros - Great Bass, excellent fit and comfort, great value.
    Cons - Sibilant and a bit too bright at times
    Kinera H3 Review

IMG_3771.JPG
    Introduction: I first encountered the H3 on this site and was curious what all the hype was about, I purchased it a few months back and thought I would share my experience of these excellent value IEM’s.

Specs (sponged off Penon):

· Max Input Power: 10mW

· Cable Length: 1.2meter

· Wire Material: 6n single crystal copper silver-plated

· Plug material: 3.5mm golden plated

· Earphone interface: 2-pin (0.78mm )

About me: I have always enjoyed listening to music and for many years played in a wind orchestra. I have only recently, 6-9 months or so, entered into the “audiophile” world, though I’m already well and truly converted.

My music tastes are reasonably varied (in my opinion anyway) but in general I listen predominantly to some metal (mostly symphonic), rock, and classical. Although there’s also a bit of electronic and pop I regularly listen to. The list of music used predominantly for this review is below.
    Rolling In The Deep Adele
    ハートに火をつけて (ALBUM Ver.) 9mm Parabellum Bullet
    Finder 9mm Parabellum Bullet
    Hangyaku no March 9mm Parabellum Bullet

Onto the Kinera H3

Disclaimer: I purchased these myself and present this review as unbiased.

Packaging/Build Quality: The packaging looks nice and gets the job done, nothing overly flashy but the magnetic clasped box is functional and the foam insert keeps the product and accessories safe during shipping.
    IMG_3761.jpg
    IMG_3763.JPG

The build quality overall seems good, though I do worry about the longevity of some of the parts used. That said Kinera seems more than willing to fix any issues that do arise.
    IMG_3766.JPG IMG_3770.JPG
    Accessories & Cable: The provided cable is quite decent, it’s nice and sturdy as well as relatively tangle free. I have not experienced any microphonics from the cable moving and rubbing against stuff during use. I’m a big fan of the over ear guides used, finding them much better than the memory wire often used. In general I prefer right-angled headphone jacks on IEMs and I worry about the bulk of this jack hanging off a DAP in a pocket or bag, but to date I have had no issues with anything becoming loose. I have found that some discoloration has occurred on the cable, it may clean off, it hasn’t bothered me enough to try.
    IMG_3765.jpg
    On accessories you get a 6.35mm adaptor, an airline adaptor, a carry case and two sets (S,M,L) of silicone tips, one set similar to Sony hybrids and another normal set. The included case is a semi-hard zipped shell, it’s a little on the large size in my opinion, but it does have an elasticized pocket to keep things in place.

Fit and Comfort: One of the H3’s strongest elements is its excellent fit. I found using the included tips provided an excellent fit and a very good seal. Personally I didn’t experience any discomfort due to driver flex , but I understand that others have.

Comfort wise I find it quite easy to wear these for hours on end, they sit very nicely in your ear and with the provided cable stay in place even while moving. They do protrude slightly from my ears and so they’re not something I could wear lying down.

Sound: Most of my listening of the Kinera H3 has been with my Opus #1 though for the sake of comparison I did try them with my iPhone SE.

I found the iPhone to give the H3’s a much more V-shaped sound with recessed mids while the Opus produced a flatter more W-shaped sound. The sound from the Opus was much more pleasing though I would say both sources adequately drove the H3s.

The H3’s clarity is quite good and it has a decently deep and wide soundstage for an IEM. Separation is ok, I found the lower end let it down is this regard.

Bass: The bass is very good, punchy with decent rumble and sub-bass, probably the H3’s strongest aspect.

Mids: The upper mids are fairly decent, they’re forward and smooth, but I did notice that vocals in this region (especially females) can sound a little thin. The lower-mids aren’t as impressive and have a tendency to get lost amongst the upper-mids and bass.

Treble: I have a love-hate relationship with the H3’s treble, sometimes is beautifully airy with decent sparkle, other times its overly bright and harsh. Which you get seems to be largely song dependent but the vocals is this range are unfortunately fairly consistently sibilant.

Overall: I may have come over a bit harsh (hah) is that last part but I do feel these IEM’s are truly excellent value and I look forward to how Kinera will improve upon them in the future.

I give them a solid 3.75/5
      B9Scrambler likes this.
  8. ostewart
    Energetic and fun
    Written by ostewart
    Published Sep 22, 2017
    Pros - Excellent resolution, fun and engaging
    Cons - Can be a little bright at times
    Firstly I would like to thank Kinera and Penon audio for this sample, these received over 50hrs of burn-in before reviewing and no differences were noted.

*disclaimer: This sample was provided for the purpose of writing a review, no incentive was given to write a favourable review. All opinions expressed are my own subjective findings.

Gear Used:
    Audio Opus #2 > H3 (Final tips)
    HP Laptop > JDS Labs EL-DAC > HeadnHifi O2 amp > H3 (Final tips)

Tech specs:
    • Wire Material: 6n single crystal copper silver-plated
    • MSRP: $99
    Packaging, Accessories and Build quality:
    The Kinera H3 come in a lovely textured high quality black card box, with the name Kinera and model H3 embossed in gold on the top. Open the magnetic flap are you will find the carry case and jack adaptors held in a foam inlay. The box is simple yet feels excellent for the price and I really like the simplicity of it.

Accessory wise you get a clamshell carry case, a 3.5 to 6.3mm adaptor, airplane adaptor and 3 sizes of tips in 2 different types. You get S, M and L single flange tips, one type is similar to Sony hybrid tips, and the other has a stiffer blue core and also stiffer silicone. You also get a little velcro cable tidy and a thank you card from Kinera, along with a small manual. Overall everything you need is included.

[​IMG]

Build quality is very good, the finish of the shells looks great with no major imperfections, the cable is soft and supple (really good cable) and is detachable. The cable has good strain relief, there is no stiff memory wire on these, instead it is a soft section of pre moulded rubber. I really like the look and finish, the nozzle however does not have a lip, so make sure to use the stock tips or others that are quite tight on the nozzle (Final Audio tips work very well). Overall I have no issues with the build quality, pictures show them off better anyway.

Comfort, Isolation and Driver flex:
    The H3 is designed similar to a custom IEM and due to its lightweight construction fit very comfortably in my small ears, and do not protrude very far out of your ear. They are quite slim and once you get a good fit you can wear them for hours without pain. They are some of the most comfortable IEM’s I have used and are really easy to get a good fit with due to the angle of the nozzle.

Isolation is fairly average, this is due to a fairly shallow fit type and also the housing is vented due to the dynamic driver inside. They are still easily suitable for most everyday use, but if you are planning on using them in very loud environments there are other IEM’s that will isolate better.

[​IMG]

Driver flex is present up initial insertion, but the drivers quickly return to normal and the driver flex isn’t as bad as some other headphones out there.

Split into the usual categories with a conclusion at the end:

Lows: The H3 is a triple hybrid design and lets the dynamic driver handle the lows, the dynamic driver in these definitely has good punch and extends nicely into the sub-bass with minimal roll-off. The bass has good impact and is definitely a little on the fun side of neutral, bass guitar lines have good separation and articulation, kick drums have air to back them up and it’s a nice full bass presentation. The lows can handle EDM to heavy metal with ease; I’m quite impressed by their control. To be honest at this price range I think it’ll be quite hard to find headphones that handle metalcore as well as these.

Mids: The mids are a little laid back compared to the rest of the frequency response, giving these a mild V shaped signature, but they are quite crisp and have good detail retrieval. Nothing really stands out in the midrange, both male and female vocals are handled quite well, there isn’t really any added warmth from the lows but the upper mids are perhaps a slight bit thin and on the drier side. They seem to avoid most sibilance and there is quite a bit of air around the notes in the midrange, separation is quite impressive. They could do with being a tiny bit more forward in the mix when things get busy.

Highs: Now I am a fan of good treble and these certainly offer the quantity I enjoy, these do lean towards a slightly bright top end occasionally sounding a little overemphasised. A lot of this does depend on the recording though, feed them well recorded tracks and the highs will sound well defined, they are not laid back or dark sounding. The good thing is that if you find the highs to be a little on the hot side, tip rolling can help tame them (especially foam tips). There is plenty of sparkle and energy up top, but sometimes they are a little splashy. There is a little too much energy sometimes and cymbal crashes do sound a little odd due to excess energy at 7kHz.

Instrument separation is good overall; there is good air around each instrument.
    Soundstage is not huge; it is slightly wider than usual with out of head experiences to be had. The imaging however is very good, especially with complex drum tracks.

Comparison:
    Simgot EN700 Bass:

The Simgot EN700 Bass is a good comparison as they are around the same price, the Simgot also feel very well built but the standard version has a fixed cable. So Kinera wins here with a longer lasting design. Both are very comfortable IEM’s, the H3 is lighter so is more comfortable for long periods of time.

Sound wise the EN700 Bass has a more organic and natural tone to it, with a smoother sound signature. It is full bodied and very enjoyable; the H3 is far more exciting and has better top end resolution. I find the EN700 Bass to be quite polite and have excellent separation and resolution, the H3 can come across a little more fatiguing but there is more going on with better detail retrieval.

Both are fantastic for the price, the H3 is quicker and more nimble, offering a more direct and engaging sound. The EN700 Bass is slightly laid back and more natural sounding, so which you prefer will be based on your preferences.

[​IMG]

Conclusion: For $99 these are a very promising IEM from Kinera, with a fun borderline bright sound. They have a very slight V shaped sound signature, but the mids are not badly recessed. The lows are full but also very well controlled; the midrange is crisp and clear and the highs shimmer and sparkle with plenty of presence. These are an exciting and fun IEM and not for those that are very treble sensitive. I have found them to work very well with complex rock music, and the lows can really keep up. Tonally wise they are a little bit lean, but tips influence the sound a lot. Overall I really like these, Kinera have done a really good job, and considering the price these are fantastic value.

Sound Perfection Rating: 7.5/10 (Highs can be a little hot, but the overall sound is highly enjoyable)
      Dobrescu George likes this.
  9. ExpatinJapan
    Written by ExpatinJapan
    Published Sep 16, 2017
    Pros - Good overall sound, quality cable, a jewel in the $100 range
    Cons - Needs a nozzle groove for tips, some sibilance and loose bass at high volumes
    Kinera H3 Review
    - Expatinjapan

Kinera H3 review
    -expatinjapan

[​IMG]

A surprising affordable IEM that burst onto the audio scene in recent times and won the hearts of many a new convert to its build, design and dynamic sound.

Coming in a variety of colorful styles, visually beautiful and affordable.

Unboxing

[​IMG]
    The Kinera H3 comes in a simple and stylish black card box.

[​IMG]
    An adapter for airplane travel, and 1/4 adaptor plug and a hard card shell case for keeping the earphones safe and clean when on the move.

[​IMG]
    The case itself is quite spacious and one could be able to fit two or three earphones within.

[​IMG]
    The Kinera H3 comes with a two cable and a study 3.5mm plug.
    I got the simple black version but there are some very cool looking two tone versions available.

[​IMG]
    The Kinera H3 has screens to protect its internals from wax and other grime.

[​IMG]
    The Kinera H3 comes with a selection of tips to get you started.

[​IMG]
    Always nice to get a thank you. :)

Specifications

Max Input Power: 10mW
    Cable Length: 1.2meter
    Wire Material: 6n single crystal copper plating silver
    Plug material: 3.5mm golden plated
    Earphone interface: 2-pin (0.78mm )
    Kinera H3
    6 pairs of silicone eartips (S/M/L)
    2 adapters
    Carry box

[​IMG]
    Kinera H3 and Opus#3 dap.

The Kinera H3 was tested and reviewed with a variety of daps using FLAC tracks at home, commuting and resting at cafes drinking coffee.

The Kinera H3 is built for on the go, its a simple no fuss 1 dynamic driver and two BAs. Generally I would expect a V shaped sound for this particular combination of drivers and the H3 stayed true to traditional form and expectations in this regard.

[​IMG]

Do you want some bass? You got it! Do you want treble? You have it. Want some mids?...well heres a sprinkle for you, enough to keep things coherent but not invade that V shaped engine built for dynamism and energy.

The bass is surprising generally controlled, although on some more heavy tracks it found the going a bit difficult and it could get a bit unruly and boomy, but this was the exception to the rule, and there is enough quality bass to satisfy even the most jaded budget fi shopper.

I thought the sub bass was present enough and separate from the lower bass reaches to again give that sense of general control.
    Its definitely not a bass head bass.

The mids are recessed as to be expected with this particular design, which is a favorite for many listeners who prefer their earphones with a little less mids. Adjusting the gain didn't effect any serious significant changes in this regard, but it did add that lil something, something that brought the H3 to a fuller performance.

The highs are the show stealer, it definitely leans that way at times, giving a sense of clearness, detail and clarity. At various times it can venture in sibilance, but not excessively so its generally quite forgiving. But for my precious spoiled ears due to my small stable of high end IEMs I found that extended listening of several hours could be a little fatiguing for me, also I am not a adherent to the V signature cult.

The Kinera H3 was fine from low to just above mid volume listening levels, push it too far in the volume stakes and it could loose some of its control on the lower and also at the high end.

I found the width of the sound stage to be greater than the depth. Height is good.
    Instrument separation is quite acceptable.

Kinera H3 and Shozy Alien+ dap

I swapped a few cables to see If I could edged any sonic improvements out of the Kinera H3, and there were some but they were mainly incremental and were most noticed the higher up the Dap chain I traveled. Those dynamic drivers do enjoy a bit of extra power to drive them.

Probably most users will be using a mobile phone or a sub $400 dap to listen to music with the Kinera H3 and won`t be connecting a $500 or so cable and a $1000 dap to it.

I did enough plunking on the Double Helix Cables silver SPC, it seemed to open up the energy more and gave a bit more control to the bass.
    The Kinera H3 cable is a 6N silver coated copper cable.

[​IMG]
    Kinera H3, Double Helix cable and Symbio Mandarines tips.

Build

[​IMG]
    The nozzles have a slight ring on them,
    but I would prefer something more substantial to hold the tips firmly in place,

[​IMG]
    Stock photos via Kinera to show the different models available.

[​IMG]
    Kinera H3 and Opus#2 dap. Overkill.

Overall
    The Kinera H3 clocks in at a cool and affordable US$99. The usual 'good performance for the price' etc etc terms have been bandied about as usual, but I can attest this is one of those (not so sleeper) hits. A sub $100 earphone I can recommend to friends quite safely.

The Kinera H3 comes with a quality cable that is fairly void of micro phonics when on the move, it looks to be in two styles and has a clear version and another which has a brown material covering of the cable which accompanies the black version which I have. I really like the look of the red and blue shell versions and their accompanying cables.
    Great for photography.

The shell of the H3 resembles the iBasso IT03 a little with its inner ear guide flange.
    And as such this earphone is very comfortable, I was able to wear it for extended periods with no apparent discomfort due to the fit.

Isolation is good, great when I did some tip rolling and put on the Symbio Mandarines. It does need a design change in an addition of a groove/rim on the end of the nozzles to lock tips more in place, especially the silicone ones.
    The cable is stylish and comes in a variety of styles depending on which model of H3 is purchased. Its great to see more companies offering quality cables in two pin (or in other cases MMCX) with their IEMs.

I did get some improvements , though not overly dramatic when I switched around cables. Usually the copper vs silver experience was most significant. The Kinera H3 being a silver plated copper cable.

Its a difficult item to review because it does so many things well for a fraction of the price, and also is a hyped item amongst consumers and also fellow reviewers.

Admittedly when I first listened i was quite stunned at the quality, later listening sobered me up more as its various limitations and faults were revealed, and of course the H3 could not hope to compete with some of my other higher end IEMs - which is to be expected. Later listening revealed the Kinera H3 to be a quality product that performs quite well, consistently and competently even in comparison to its more pricey cousins.

The various minuscule shortcomings of the Kinera H3 doesn't detract from what is in fact a decent earphone that has made waves in the online audiophile community, and is a continuation of the recent trend of more and more lower price earphones displaying decent build, design and sound quality.

Consumers are going to have more and more options to satisfy their wallets in the coming years.

To close, the Kinera H3 does live up to the hype surrounding it, a great shell design, a more than decent cable and an overall sonic performance that ticks all the right boxes If judged within its intended consumer market, It has its minor short comings, but those are to be expected for US$99, but as I have written these are minor in what is an excellent all round product.

Pretty as a picture.

Thank you to Kinera for sending the Head pie the Kinera H3 for review and impressions.
      acap13 and jeffhawke like this.
    1. acap13
      Do you think its possible to rectify the imbalance sound of this pair such as the overly treble emphasis ? Does you DHC cable manage to tone down the treble quantity or is it enough by just roll the tips?
      acap13, Jun 28, 2018
    2. ExpatinJapan
      Maybe go for the newer iDun then.

I havent played with the K3 for a while now.

You could try a warmer source or some foam
      tips I guess.
      ExpatinJapan, Jun 29, 2018
  10. Mosauwer
    Ear candy for only $99
    Written by Mosauwer
    Published Sep 13, 2017
    Pros - great bass, treble clarity, comfortable fit, low micro-phonic gorgeous cable, well built, cost
    Cons - sometimes sibilant, lack of eartip rings on the nozzles.
    DSC_5077.JPG

First of all thanks goes to Steve, as well as kinera to send me a pair of their new iem h3 to test it out. I am not told or directed to throw a review here. The following statement is all my honest opinion. Mark that your mileage may vary. Let's step aside of the thanking part and get started.

Just a few head-up about myself

Music, from the very childhood is my first love. The day I started my guitar playing, and the day I opted to play Ukulele its been with me in home or outside. I every now and then enjoyed music through my daily setup, smartphone and its cheap earphone. When I introduced to the head fi community, things have changed. Changed the face of my savings too. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: When I first heard through a quality headphone my jaw dropped, what the hell I was listening previously. From then its been two years. My journey along the path of music didn’t stop. I am fortunate enough to have to listen many legendary headphones.
    After searching when I broke my bank and bought the first quality headphone, it seemed a new path was opened for me. The feeling of rediscovering old fav music is fascinating. It thrills me and gives me goosebumps.
    As music preference goes, I hear a lot of metal and rock songs. But as I have born in Bangladesh, my countries music library offers a lot more enriched genres. So I love to hear other genres too, until it sounds awkward to me. So, Folk, classical, pop, melody, instrumental are also in my liking list.
    A person like me who isn’t technical that much. So in classical sense you shouldn’t call me as an and audiophiles.

My music library is my Custom Computer, Youtube etc. I have a huge collection of my fav bands’ music both in lossless and lossy format, Roon, Tidal and spotify premium.
    Finally, I will start my review. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Let's not wait

Kinera

Kinera is a new china bassed iem company that stepped their feet in audio industry with only two iem Bd005 and Now the Kinera h3. You can find their products like H3 here. They are friendly and trying hard to get their everything right. For starting fresh h3 was a great step up. I am pretty sure they are bringing something out of the box next time.

How's the H3

The packaging:

DSC_5092.JPG

The package has a textured finish and got a professional feeling to it. there is a magnetic flap to open it. Inside there is a perfectly cut foam for the housing of the carrying case, airplane and 1/4 inch adapter. To be frank this was enough to convince someone that "h3 is special"

What's in the box

DSC_5089.JPG

A big enough hard sell carrying case is presented there to store iem and cable. 3 pares of eartips (s,m,l), airplane adapter and a gold plated 1/4inch adapter were there. But i am impressed with the Thank you card by the kinera. Kinera you are welcome

new2.jpg

Build and so on

The shell is CIEM type. I will say i have the most comfortable fit with h3 after this i will mark the pinnacle p1 and flc8s. They blue semi transparent shell reminds me of candy. On the faceplate there is a gold kinera logo printed.

DSC_5056.JPG

I am sorry for a thing that should be there, A ring at the nozzles for the eartip grip. The lack of it cost me the loss of two eartips. I hope they will notice this and change it in there following iems.

DSC_4540.JPG

The cable is great, Braided, Silver color. It is soft, the stain relief is good and works just fine. If you think about the micro-phonics, i will say there is none. I hope a mic edition of there cable will help a lot of people in future. Btw kinera adopts the 2pin configuration which is i think better. Because i had issues with the mmcx connection. And H3's 2pin connectors offers a snag compact fit. Its not loose at all like something i found in kz zs5.

DSC_5073.JPG

Fit and comfort

I can say this is one of the most comfortable iem i have used. its smooth ciem type shell provides the most pleasing fit under 100 usd. I think it fits better than the Shure se215. If you want something more comfortable, i think ciem is the route to go. I can easily sleep wearing this. though I wont recommend this. "Please save your ear"

DSC_4595.JPG

The Sound

Bass:

The bass is a bit of emphasized but It is emphasized in an enjoyable way. There is tightness. Its fast and the impact is damn impressive for its price range. On the most important note, the bass impact don't mix with mid range or bloat anywhere. There is certainly a noticeable sub bass extension. Not so strong but strong enough to notice it and enjoy your music. Despite of all these things this is not targeted for the bass heads. I noticed with some recording it gets a bit more boomy. I should blame the recordings not the iem for this.

newwwer.jpg

Mid:

The energetic and clear mid of h3 is enjoyable. It may seem a bit of the recessed to some people because of its little bit thinness. To me the less colored mid high the upper mid energy the vocal sounded good. At least at the point of its price range it out forms a lot of iems that i have listened previously. I would like if the mid could be a bit more thick and packed some meat on the bone.

High

Treble at a first glance seemed well extended, airy, detailed, damn good sound separation and well presentation. I have to admit stock H3 sound bright, metal and heavy treble tracks can often be quite fatiguing, If you turn your volume up it gets annoying. But i have to appreciate the clarity of the treble. I wish it had some unforgiving nature. The people who love bright iems will find this a lot enjoyable. I prefered a bit more dark and warm sound with the clarity.

newwww.jpg

The Isolation

I gave it to my friend. I want to quote one thing that he told me, "I heard music all day long. It seemed if there is any war around me, i wont hear anything".

I know he a bit of overwhelmed. But its true that h3 blocks a lot of outside noice. its comfortable and the noise cancellation is noticeably best in the sub 100 even more priced iems.

In the conclusion of sound i want to mention some following bullet points
    I really liked the soundstage and separation of h3. The staging was not that big, but the separation and good imaging will be enough to engage you to your listening and think like the sound is coming around you. It might not be on par of something damn expensive. But its hard to find in sub 100 range.

new122.jpg

The verdict

I told all before this review is my self realized opinion. H3 is crisp. Its cleanliness in sound and good amount of refinement to it's signature can make enjoying your music more. I prefer a more thick mid-range and warmth to the sound. Yet the detail and clarity this hybrid turned out that treble loving people gonna enjoy h3's offering. I hope kinera will do the best for their upcoming products. new2322.jpg

Rating
    Packaging & Accessories:
    3.7 / 5 (I expected to get more tips)

Build Quality & Design: 4.5 / 5 - (I would give 5 if there is a eartip ring)
    Sound Impressions: 3.7 / 5 - (i preferred a bit more warmth and less bright)
    Value: 4.1 / 5 - $99 its a candy for ears.

Overall: ~ 4 / 5