Dudios T8 TWS Headphones - Reviews
A solid, inexpensive, Christmas gift for a friend or self
Pros: Very lightweight and comfortable; Extremely long battery life; Easy and simple pairing; Cool features.
Cons: Will randomly power off; not comfortable/suitably at all for side listening; audio isn't the focus.

Hello and good day to all of your beautiful weirdos! Been away for a long while, so a big thank you to Dudios to being one of the first company’s to start sending out review samples again. So anyways, the T8 is one of Dudios’ newest offerings to their entry level wireless earphone coming in at under $30. Seeing as I’ve reviewed a pretty nice amount of their products I’m rather excited to hear what their newest offering brings. So, without further adieu, allow me to share my thoughts on this budget friendly true wireless earphone.

front_2.1.1.jpg

A little about me
I would like to say that first and foremost I am NOT an “audiophile” but rather an audio enthusiast. I listen to music to enjoy it. Do I prefer a lossless source? Yes, of course. But I can still be very happy streaming from Pandora or even my YouTube “My Mix” playlist. I also prefer equipment that sounds the best to me personally regardless of what frequency response it has or rather or not it's “sonically accurate” and I always have and shall continue to encourage others to do the same.
I'm a firefighter for both the civilian and military sector and the cliché of wanting to do this since I was born couldn't be more present with me. I've worked hard over the last several years to earn this position and now it's time for me to work even harder to keep it.
I enjoy fishing and relaxing to audio products and then reviewing them to help others decide on what products would work for them. Few things make me as an audio enthusiast/review feel more accomplished than when someone tells me that I helped them find the type of sound they've always been looking for.
Now, the sound signature I personally favor is a relaxing, warm and sensual sound that just drifts me away in the emotional experience of the music being performed. Yes, accuracy is still important but I will happily sacrifice some of that if I'm presented with a clean, warm sound that can wisp me away into an experience that makes me yearn for more.
My ideal signature are that of respectably forward mids and upper bass range with the bass being controlled but with some slight decay. I like my treble to have nice extension and detail reveal with a smooth roll off up top as to not become harsh in the least. Examples of products that have given me chills and keep giving me the yearning for more feels are (in no particular order) Bowers & Wilkins P7, Oppo PM-1/2, Empire Ears Hermes VI & Zeus XIV, Audeze LCD-XC, Meze Headphones 99 Classics.
Equipment used at least some point during the review
-Sources
-LG G8 Thin Q/HP Pavilion
-Playing YouTube and various format personal music
Disclaimer
I am by no means sponsored by this company or any of its affiliates. They were kind enough to send me a product for an arranged amount of time in exchange for my honest opinion. I am making no monetary compensation for this review.
The following is my take on the product being reviewed. It is to be taken “with a grain of salt” per say and as I always tell people, it is YOUR opinion that matters. So regardless of my take or view on said product, I highly recommend you listen to it yourself and gauge your own opinion.

The Opening Experience
Why I feel so strongly about the initial unboxing experience
Please allow me to explain why I feel so strongly about the initial unboxing experience with a product. Maybe it’s due to my southern roots in the hills of eastern Kentucky, but I’ve always been raised under the pretense of when you introduce yourself to someone for the first time you present yourself with confidence, class, character, pride, and competence. You greet the other person with a true warm smile, eye contact and a firm handshake. Anything less or short, implies to the other person that you either don’t care about them, are too full of yourself, too busy to be bothered by the likes of them, or worse, just generally disrespectful.
As a consumer, I take this same belief to when I open a new product. Why? Because think about it this way. How else can a company introduce themselves to their customers? How do they present their products? Are they packaged with pride and presented in such a way that makes the listener eager to listen to them? Or maybe they’re just wrapped up and placed in an available space. How about the box itself? Is it bogged down with jargon that says look at this, look what I can do. I’m better than anything on the market and here’s why read this and check out that. Or, is the package clean, simplistic and classy? As if saying to the customer ‘Good day, pleasure to meet your acquaintance. Please give me a listen and allow me to show you what I can do and allow my actions to speak louder than my words.’
This is why I feel so strongly about the initial presentation of a product, and I feel it’s truly a shame more people don’t. But with all that aside, let’s discuss how this product introduced itself shall we?

Construction

ko.jpg
m,.jpg
kjm.jpg
ik.jpg

Starting from the charging case, the build quality is admittedly pretty nice. Though it’s entirely made of plastic, it has a kind of rubbery feel to it which is great for holding onto. Additionally, the case is a rounded shape which, on a personal note, I didn’t care for. My reasoning for this is that, for me personally, it was often difficult to open the case to get to the earphones. On the front of the case, you’ve only a small lip to catch to open it so oftentimes my fingers or thumb would just slip right off of it for a couple tries. I feel if they were to utilize two, offset, lips this problem would completely go away. But, I digress. The case itself, as stated earlier, is a charging case that utilizes the Type C inputs (which I am immensely appreciative of and hope all company’s follow suit) that have an absolutely ridiculous amount of life and charging capabilities. Though I cannot give an exact number as to its life, during my time with this unit, I’ve put approximately 20 hours on the earbuds and I have yet to need to charge the case.
Moving onto the actual earphones themselves, the Dudios T8 true wireless earphones share the physical resemblance of the apple earpods in the sense they have the receiver and microphone on the elongated dongle that hangs from the bud. Similar to that of the charging case, the material is entirely plastic however it does not share the rubbery feel. The horn is that of the most common size I see on the vast majority of earphones/iems so finding aftermarket tips, if you so desire, will be very simple and easy. As for charging, simply place it back into its fitted spots in its case.

kn.jpg

Believe it or not, this is the first earphone that I’ve ever tried that has this type of elongated frame so I wasn’t sure how it would really feel, but, after a little over a week I can confidently say that these boogers are pretty darned comfortable, so long as you’re not laying on your side. The earlier motion about them being comfortable goes completely out the window when you lay on your side with these things. Continuing onwards, the entire weight, which is very miniscule, is supported by your tragus and ear canal but because it’s so light you don’t feel any pressure at all. The supplied tips are the regular run of the mill silicone tips which do provide relatively respectful isolation from the outside world and though I personally use and recommend Comply memory foam, as mentioned in the construction section, you can easily find and use your tips of choice to maximize your personal preferences. With that being said, though your mileage may vary, these didn’t have any problems with staying in my ears at all either, including a light workout.

Features

mol.jpg

Other than the default ability to be utilized either in solo (only using a single earphone to listen to) or dual mode the Dudios T8 also has another, surprising considering its price point, feature that I’d like to share. The Dudios T8 is touch control and in a very interesting way too. Both Left and Right earphones control the play/pause & answer/hangup by double tapping either side and, at least with Android phones, activating the “OK Google” feature by triple tapping. The Left side controls the volume down by sliding your finger either up OR down on the face plate and a 2 second hold will make your music go to the previous track. The reverse is true for the right side; the right side controls volume up by sliding your finger either up OR down across the face plate and a 2 second hold will take your music forward to the next track.
Before I discuss a negative I have with this I also want to touch on that these earphones go into auto-pairing mode once they’re removed from their case and will auto connect to the most recent device it connected to if applicable. Now, the negative I have with the Dudios T8 is that, on a fair amount of occasions, while listening to music etc… the earphones will just up and randomly turn themselves off. The first couple times it did this, I thought the battery was just dead but I hadn’t been listening to them for more than a couple hours so I checked the battery indicator on my phone and sure enough they were still far from even low. Granted, this was easily and quickly fixed by simply putting them back in the case and taking them back out but the issue was still present.

Before I start this section. It should go without saying but though I link YouTube videos when I’m giving examples, this is for convenience only. If applicable, I HIGHLY encourage you to listen to the music I’m referencing on as high a quality as possible to experience the fullest sound possible.

kn.jpg

So, we’re finally at what’s arguably the most important part, the sound quality. So, overall the sound is definitely tuned to be more V shaped but even as such, as is expected with a product at this price point, there’s not a very notable bass hit nor treble extension. These earphones are definitely one I would recommend for casual listening when you’re commuting to/from work, not while driving of course, or something to just pop in your ears and listen to while on your break.

Treble

So I mentioned that the Dudios T8 didn’t really have that great of treble extension but that doesn’t mean that listening to high toned music isn’t enjoyable. If you’ve read any of my other reviews or keep up with me you’ll understand how I’ve grown a taste for listening to the Koto after watching the anime and as such I listen to a fair bit of music with it. Listening to the T8, the Kono Oto Tomare sample playlist is still very much enjoyable and brings a smile to me each time. Also, despite the lower price point, the subtle nuances that I know are present in the background of the track can still be heard with these, so that’s actually a pretty solid point for the T8.

Mids

Now, I mentioned that the T8 is tuned to be more V shaped and as such the mids, which are my personal favorite area of a track, are going to be more subdued than the more “fun” areas to listen to. This sentiment is very true in the T8. While listening to George Ezra’s “Budapest” or Adele’s “Love in the Dark,” amongst many others, though I can still appreciate the artists vocal competency’s the T8 just, at least to me, doesn’t replicate the magic that their songs otherwise can.

Bass

Similarly to the previous sections, the bass, though of course present and a focal point in the tuning, still isn’t gonna make anyone whistle in impress. I will say however that of the three main areas of music the bass is definitely the most exciting thing to listen to with the T8. Checking out tracks such as Dimitri Vegas & Like Mike’s “Repeat After Me” I truthfully got pretty excited and ready to get to work. With respect to the roughly $30 price, I honestly can’t knock much on the bass of the T8.

Conclusion

mol.jpg

My overall thoughts on the Dudios T8 is that they’re absolutely designed and catered to the casual, non audiophile/enthusiast, listener. The features, at least in my personal opinion, were the main areas that Dudios Focused on when they were designing the T8. And that’s fine; for the features are actually pretty cool and, again to me, set it apart from any other $30ish dollar true wireless earphone/iem that comes to mind. So if you’re just wanting an inexpensive pair of true wireless earphones to carry around and listen to while you’re at work on lunch or the like or would like a really cool gift for someone that I do believe they’ll appreciate, then I really recommend you check out the Dudios T8.

Also, make sure to check out my unboxing and review videos. They’re pretty awesome AND you getta put a face to the Army-Firedawg name. If this review helped you out at all please hit that thumbs up button for it really helps me out a lot. Till next time my friends, stay safe.
Good sounding budget TWS
Pros: Balanced sounding, good build and easy to use
Cons: Only AAC code
IMG_20201011_154604541.jpg

The box is a simple yet effective one, it protects your earphones efficiently.
The design is in the similar shape as apple but with its own differences. I found them to fit perfectly with the default tips and aftermarket foam tips are so easy to find if you have very small or large ears anyway. The T8 ships with 3 size tips and the USB type C cable. They seem very sturdy even for a all plastic build and the clamshell case is soft to the touch and easy to carry. There are very simple to use touch controls and anyone should be up and running them in just a minute or two.
I was expecting heavy Bass and a typical V-shaped signature but like the Freedots DUDIOS has evolved into a not fatiguing signature that is more toward balanced and enjoyable for longer use.

Bass: is tight punchy with a mild elevation in the Sub-Bass
Mids: are clean and forward but not too much.
Highs: are crisp with out over extending or harshness.
soundstage is average for this class of earphones.

Conclusion:
The T8 is another step upward for DUDIOS always improving and refining there products. Its a very good TWS with touch controls, a great signature and comfort making it enjoyable for hours at a time and great for walks and the gym.

Attachments

Last edited:
Inexpensive but rather good sounding TWS headphones.
Introduction
Carrie from Dudios kindly sent me the T8 Wireless Earbuds for review. These are comparatively inexpensive Bluetooth 5.0 TWS headphones with touch controls. There is very little to set it apart from the multitudes of other TWS headphones which are currently available on Amazon - let’s see if there’s something special about these.

20201018_101723.jpg

Case
The case is made of plastic (no surprises there) and appears to be somewhat more rugged feeling than the lightweight case supplied with the Tronsmart Bold’s for example. The outside of the case has a soft touch which gives it a slightly more premium feel than the typical shiny cases that’s found on many others. The case charges using USB C and features one LED to display the various charge states. Both the sockets for the headphones and the case lid feature magnets and, whilst not being the strongest I’ve come across, basically do the job. One nice touch is the slight ‘bump’ at the front of the lid which helps when opening the case up. Dudios claims that the battery life on the earbuds themselves is rated at 5.5 hours and the case offers up to 35 additional charge hours.
Earbuds
The T8’s have a definite Airpod Pro look to them. Unfortunately they don’t offer the same active noise cancellation that you would find with the Airpods - but at this price it would almost certainly sound appalling. As it is, the earbuds feature touch-controls and, rather surprisingly considering their price point, they offer remote volume controls. I found the touch controls to work really well - easily as good as the Sony WF1000XM3’s. Unfortunately this type of touch sensitive control also kinda stops you being able to wear them in bed.

20201018_101758.jpg

Although they're made of plastic, they don't feel particularly cheap. I haven't really had the chance to test out the battery life as I rarely get the chance to listen for that long. Signal appears to be pretty good and they do go loud. They're lightweight which definitely helps maintain a good fit and, most importantly, they sound good,
Sound Quality
The Dudios T8's sound surprisingly neutral. I expected them to be overly bassy (as this often seems to be the case with many of the inexpensive TWS headphones out there. The T8's have a somewhat mellow character - offering a nice non-fatiguing listening experience. I couldn't detect any significant noise floor and the headphones connected quite quickly to my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8). All in all, a not-bad pair of headphones.

20201018_101805.jpg

One thing that really did surprise me when I started looking at the settings on my phone was that the T8's are SBC only - no APtX - no AAC. I have to admit that I found this really surprising when you take into account the pretty good sound quality they're capable of.
Conclusion
I like these. They're a capable, inoffensive sounding pair of well designed headphones. They are definitely an improvement on my last pair of 30 quid headphones and for their price I'm quite happy to recommend them.

Pros:
Surprisingly good sound quality.
Appear to be well made
Case seems to be sturdy
Good wireless range
Remote Volume Controls

Cons:
No high-res codec support
Magnets could be a little stronger.