Win a SUSVARA
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #320 of 798
i want SUSVARA because it's free

May 25, 2017 at 7:20 PM Post #321 of 798
I would like to hear what 6K headphones sound like. Haven't heard anything yet that can dethrone my HE-500.

May 25, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #323 of 798
I just bought my first Planar Magnetics (Monolith m1060) and I love the sound. It would be wonderful to be able to enjoy the summit-fi sound the Susvara offers. Of course I'd have to take out a loan to buy the DAC/Amp needed to do them justice, but it would be worth it. And after all, I still have that spare kidney I could sell :)

May 25, 2017 at 7:44 PM Post #325 of 798
I'd like to own Hifiman's SUSVARA in order to hear my music as it was meant to be heard, and experience the joy of headphones striving for acoustic perfection. With a growing family and a limited hobby budget, I wouldn't be able to afford anything like these headphones for a long time, so it would be amazing to receive this gift.

May 25, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #326 of 798
I work in Tianjin where Hifiman is located. I would like to see their factory and know more about the process how this headphone has been developed and manufactured. It just feels right to "buy local".

May 25, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #328 of 798
i would love to have one as to improve on my current setup, and have a reference for my reviews, using the hd650 is kinda limited in power

May 25, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #329 of 798
I went to Munich High End 2015 with the main goal of listening to the then new HE-1000 - and also got to meet its creator in person. I have been curious whether planar at its best can be as detailed and airy as electrostatic - adding the much needed dynamics and low frequency extension and removing this electrostatic disadvantage. I remember Mr. Fang Bian making a statement that even finer/better magnet structure for some future headphones was being developed. HE-1000 at the time, although great, did not "quite" turn into electrostatic without dynamic constraints and/or LF extension the way I was hoping for.

Since I am a recording engineer, I naturally need best headphones capable of both finesse and brute dynamic range. Curious whether Susvara bridged the gap required to be bridged.

May 25, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #330 of 798
My girlfriend says she sometimes thinks I love my headphones more than her, and if I had Susvarna, it might actually be true! In all seriousness, I, as I imagine many here, am in this hobby because music moves and transports me back to times, places, and emotions of days past. I love it when a pair of headphones conveys music so beautifully and truthfully that the hairs stand up on the back of my neck like I am hearing the song a whole new way. I think we're all looking for a headphone that can do that every time we put it on, and susvarna could well be that headphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back