What's your foobar2000 setup?
Mar 1, 2017 at 2:08 AM Post #485 of 527
I finally figure out how to put Analog VU Meter in the Foobar2000 - I tried it on a different trial machine (installation) as I don't want to mess up with my Music Library / Playlist in my main one.

Below my Foobar Looks Right Now - (Screenshot used Copyright Free Music) - Right Click for Enlargement.

Soon I will Share the Guide / Tutorial Link as I can't find where I save it

Mar 3, 2017 at 1:25 AM Post #490 of 527
the setup for foobar would be the same whether one used android or iOS. I don't have any iOS device so I haven't tried it
frown.gif

Apr 16, 2017 at 3:15 PM Post #493 of 527
I only use the bare-bones default interface in foobar2000. The reason is because I have my audio file folders organized in such a way that it's actually easier for me to manually browse them rather than using a fancy interface in a player. What I typically do is drag and drop on-the-fly playlists into foobar2000. Sometimes it's full albums, but more often it's whatever assorted tracks I happen to be in the mood for.

Although my computer has good specs, music stutters like crazy on it in foobar2000, so I load all tracks into memory by clicking File, Preferences, Advanced and inputting the maximum value in full file buffering.

Occasionally I also use VST parametric equalizers and other DSP.

Aside from that I don't do anything special. I do always use bit-perfect output such as ASIO or WASAPI.

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:48 PM Post #494 of 527
  I recently migrated to MusicBee, and I have to say the UI is breathtakingly beautiful and yet, simultaneously intuitive and functional...

edit: Originally looking for something else as I can't find a single foobar theme which works well with 4K resolution, and MusicBee works like charm with 4K.

Mine is slightly different than your setup. (mine also includes lyrics to the left, when it wants to). I got tired of having issues with Foobar when I'd try to set up things or change settings around. I know it's a great program but the learning curve is steeeeeeeeeeep.

Apr 21, 2017 at 9:09 PM Post #495 of 527
I've had the same foobar2000 setup for years....

Compact modes: 01, 02, 03, 04
There is a lyrics window that I don't use that can be substituded for the library window, which I don't use. Can be enabled via up/down arrows on the control bar.

The author is(was?) jclim00, and it was some "Gypsy Space Muffin" inspired/styled theme, which was group of dark (grey) themes for Windows XP.
I really like the dark version of this but it doesn't look nice with Windows scroll bars, as you can see. Been too lazy to fix this with Windows 10. The grey and blue go together well IMO.
It used to be on the official forums until the mods went nuts and started deleting practically any thread even mentioning PanelsUI for any reason or even anything that used it. They didn't need to be that aggressive about letting everyone know it's not supported anymore, IMO.

Yes, I still use this really old version of foobar2000 (0.9.5).
I'd like to upgrade but I can't use this layout with newer versions (uses PanelsUI), but honestly I have had no real problems using it currently, even for my multi channel audio files.

I tried to port it to newer versions a few times over the years but quickly gave up and just went back to using that layout.
I've not been following foobar2000 development since 0.9.6, is this something that could be recreated?

If anyone is interested, HERE is my personal backup copy.
It's set to be portable so it won't conflict with any existing setups, and set to use the dark theme.
The GSM folder has the readme's so you can change between styles (you only need to change the colors).
Album art must be named "folder.jpg", even if it's a .png file (I use 1000x1000 minimum for album art scans).
Playlist is set to Albums mode, so any if you have an album with various artists you need to set that Album's "Album Artist" tag to whatever you want (Like Various Artists, or Soundtrack). Otherwise the the artists of track 1 will appear as as the albums artist in the header.

If anyone knows of any new styles that are similar to this layout I'd love to look at them. I want to upgrade for the sake of "upgrading" at this point. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back