What is going on with this forum?
Jul 4, 2017 at 1:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

AndroidVageta

500+ Head-Fier
Why is everything so confusing and convoluted now? I can't even freakin find my Seller Feedback not to mention the FS/FT section has gone to all Hell. No pictures, no quick PM options...redesigned but less user friendly than it already was...

I understand that it's nice to refresh a site every now and then but I think it's gone a little too far. Are you guys done? Is this it now? What all changes are left?

Just curious is all. Love the site and love FS/FT even more (I give and take :L3000:) but all these changes have made this even more difficult.

Jul 4, 2017 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 15
How is it complicated? Next to the persons name there is an envelope. You click on that and start a private message. Your seller feedback in in your profile or at the top of one of your sale threads. The number next to your name. such as here is yours https://www.head-fi.org/f/trader/history?user_id=162300. You can embed pictures just like any other forum like this
nLoLezD.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #4 of 15
Mm...trader's history is fine except I pretty much prefer if the item being sold or bought is indicated. Right now, there's no way of determining if it is a ten dollar monoprice or a ten thousand dollar amplifier.

Jul 4, 2017 at 4:20 AM Post #5 of 15
Mm...trader's history is fine except I pretty much prefer if the item being sold or bought is indicated. Right now, there's no way of determining if it is a ten dollar monoprice or a ten thousand dollar amplifier.
For that I agree. I miss being able to link the sales thread how we were able to before.

Jul 4, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #6 of 15
In case some of you did not notice (and I've mentioned this elsewhere), trader feedback involving trades has disappeared for the time being, but they do plan on restoring everything.

Jul 5, 2017 at 2:14 AM Post #8 of 15
Regular forum software, which HF has been forced to use now, isn't designed by people who are truly adept at making things user friendly.

Jul 6, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #11 of 15
The layout and usability of this site are now 20 kinds of fck'd.

Jul 8, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #14 of 15
Mm...let's ease up on the whining. It is not as if we are paying subscribers. Problems and all, head-fi.org is still the best. Besides, they are still fixing some of the remaining issues. It has already been explained that the migration to Xenforo is not a matter of choice but of necessity. HF is not perfect but it is still home to me. What matters much more is not the form or the platform but the exchange of ideas and opinions while maintaining respect for each other.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back