Westone UM PRO Series Thread
Jun 15, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #2,312 of 3,037
Does anybody use fubar 2000, can you paste some eq recomendations / setups for the 50's?

For UMPro50, I assume? Typically people ask for EQ recommendation with W50 since it's more bass heavy :wink: With UMPro50 it will be up to a personal taste and source pair up. I personally listen to Pro50 as is without any EQ. If I want to play around, I use Plenue DAP jeteffect dsp effects. But typically it will be up to your own personal taste.

Use this as a guidance when adjusting EQ. Also, you get better results when using Parametric EQ where you not just adjusting a specific frequency band (boost or cut) but also can adjust the width/bandwidth of that band for more precise tuning. Not sure if Fubar2000 has parametric or paragraphic EQ? For example, DAPs like Lotoo Paw gold and Plenue (with JetEffects) have Parametric EQ.

main_chart.jpg

Jun 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #2,315 of 3,037
What is different between um pro 30 and campfire orion? (Ex. sound quality,detail,etc)

Probably a good question to post in Campfire Orion thread as well, maybe someone in there has Pro30 or auditioned it before.

Jun 22, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #2,316 of 3,037
Westone Releases Completely Redesigned UM Pro Series

UM_Pro10_by_Westone.jpg

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo., June 22, 2017 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Westone, the leader in high performance audio, in-ear monitoring technology and hearing protection, is ecstatic to release the completely redesigned UM Pro series.

The new and improved UM Pro line will be available Wednesday June 28, 2017. Like the previous UM Pro series before it, the newly redesigned UM Pro series will consist of four different models: the single driver UM Pro10, the dual driver UM Pro20, the triple driver UM Pro30 and the five driver UM Pro50.

Having undergone new revolutionary design and assembly techniques, each new model of the UM Pro series features a smaller, low-profile design that has resulted in an even more comfortable and ergonomic fit for users, as well as a more durable construction.

The new UM Pro series will also feature the new and improved MMCX Audio™ connector and Westone Epic Cable that when combined, help to enhance each earpiece's performance while also improving the fit which provides a more robust connection from the cable to each earpiece.

Despite all of these new improvements and enhancements, the newly redesigned UM Pro10, UM Pro20, UM Pro30 and UM Pro50 will all remain at the current price listed for each model of the old UM Pro series.

With its improved durability and enhanced performance, the redesigned UM Pro series is guaranteed to meet the needs of any musician or music lover. Whether they are being used onstage to entertain a sold-out arena or simply being used to make a long flight just a little more relaxing, the newly redesigned UM Pro series will deliver a clarity and comfort the likes of which have never been heard before in a musicians' in-ear monitor.

Credit :
http://www.ireachcontent.com/news-releases/westone-releases-completely-redesigned-um-pro-series-630145803.html

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2017 at 5:35 PM Post #2,318 of 3,037
They look pretty cool with a smaller clear shell and a new low-profile design, each model (UM Pro 10, 20, 30, 50) has a different color faceplate insert, and will come with an updated MMCX Audio connector. Also, the sound tuning should remain the same, and so does the price.

UMPro_10.png
UMPro_20.png
UMPro_30.png
UMPro_50.png

Jun 23, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #2,321 of 3,037
If they have new Knowles drivers I'm wondering how much the sound changed if at all.

Jun 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #2,323 of 3,037
This is purely speculation, if you have info to back up driver changes please say so. If not, best not to post something like this...

My Westone contact mentioned that sound should stay the same.

Jul 1, 2017 at 10:44 AM Post #2,325 of 3,037
went to the chemist and picked up some moldable waterproof earplugs for 5 bucks cut out some core tubes rom some tips that i am not using and moulded the plugs around them ,, I have improved isolation by 25% and comfort

Users who are viewing this thread

Back