Tube amp for Beyerdynamics T1
May 16, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #16 of 21
I have reviewed both, if you have the money the Elise is definitely worth it, it has more power and authority to the sound, it is fuller and more effortless. But beware that tube rolling can get expensive with it, and you will find yourself looking for other tubes quickly even though it "doesn't" need them and sounds great stock.

Tube rolling can get expensive with any tube amp, but the ones used in the Elise are more expensive than those in the Espressivo.

Comparison can be found in my review: http://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2016/09/review-feliks-audio-elise-otl-valve-amp.html

Hello,

Thanks for that read (spot on with the T1' s) .
I can' t find a SH Elise (at all) , at a decent price.
Add to that that the price range is closer to a CSP 2(+) (SH without taxes) , and is out of budget (raising the prices and all) .
Going to go with the Espressivo, I think. Still searching for alternatives, suggested in this post or others (Glenn studios are highly recommended but google gives me no hits for EU) .

Thanks again

L.E.

Any German users here?
Where could I find Decware equipment in Germany? A site, company name? Thanks!

Last edited:
May 17, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #17 of 21
Hello,

Tried to buy a Hartung OTL, the guy (I think shoves me off with vague prices and changing offers) .
Now I must think if I bite the bullet for the Espressivo or wait to save up for a Elise (or for a SH to appear/ special offer somewhere) .
I will get back probably with set- up help (that DAC is still a question mark for me) .

Thanks for your help!

Mar 16, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #19 of 21
I have reviewed both, if you have the money the Elise is definitely worth it, it has more power and authority to the sound, it is fuller and more effortless. But beware that tube rolling can get expensive with it, and you will find yourself looking for other tubes quickly even though it "doesn't" need them and sounds great stock.

Tube rolling can get expensive with any tube amp, but the ones used in the Elise are more expensive than those in the Espressivo.

Comparison can be found in my review: http://www.soundperfectionreviews.com/2016/09/review-feliks-audio-elise-otl-valve-amp.html

Hi the Elise is 1300 euro so the price now is that of a WA2 maybe we should compare those driving the T1s?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back