TRINITY - PHANTOM/SAGARIS SERIES - Newer Thread (JUST IMPRESSIONS ETC - DO NOT POST ABOUT ORDER STATUS - COMPLAINING - ETC.)

Which Is Your Favorite Filter?

• Total voters
Jul 10, 2017 at 2:56 PM Post #1,126 of 1,582
No I have not tried the hunter. I think I need to go into the TOTL IEM to find what I want, IE: UE, 64Audio, CampFire Audio, etc.

Don't get me wrong in any way shape or form. The PM6 are VERY nice, They are keepers. I just am looking for more detail and clarity. Although the PM6 deliver I'm sure higher up the ladder there is more to find.

Have you tried pulling the white acoustic damper out and using the black acoustic dampers instead? If they're anything like the gunmetal filters on the masters then you might be able to have your cake and eat it too. I would use 2 black acoustic dampers in each filter, 1 might sound too harsh.

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #1,127 of 1,582
Have you tried pulling the white acoustic damper out and using the black acoustic dampers instead? If they're anything like the gunmetal filters on the masters then you might be able to have your cake and eat it too. I would use 2 black acoustic dampers in each filter, 1 might sound too harsh.

Ohhh. Well I did play with the black foam and other types of foam inside the filters themselves and even inside the PM6 itself (layers). Nothing smooths out as well as the white dampening filters. I wish they were on all the filters and or that material was able to be placed somehow into another filter. It's a thin mesh so as of now I can see it's not possible without ruining it. If I pull the white one out it will be permanently ruined as it it's glued in with a gummy like tar. I'm ok with the Gunmetal. On some tracks if I tune down the 8-9Khz then it smooths out the sibilance and the PM6 are enjoyable. I believe it's the recordings not the PM6 reproducing. I am happy with the Gunmetal and Gold that are dampened and un-dampened. I ordered the Andromeda so will see how it holds up to it.

Jul 11, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #1,128 of 1,582
Ohhh. Well I did play with the black foam and other types of foam inside the filters themselves and even inside the PM6 itself (layers). Nothing smooths out as well as the white dampening filters. I wish they were on all the filters and or that material was able to be placed somehow into another filter. It's a thin mesh so as of now I can see it's not possible without ruining it. If I pull the white one out it will be permanently ruined as it it's glued in with a gummy like tar. I'm ok with the Gunmetal. On some tracks if I tune down the 8-9Khz then it smooths out the sibilance and the PM6 are enjoyable. I believe it's the recordings not the PM6 reproducing. I am happy with the Gunmetal and Gold that are dampened and un-dampened. I ordered the Andromeda so will see how it holds up to it.

Yes please do tell me how they stack up against each other!

The white acoustic damper has a black ring of double sided tape on the back of it, as long as you don't fold it you can put it back on, it stays really firm on the filter and doesn't leave any residue behind. I pushed towards the edge of the white damper and pushed it into the filter with a pair of dull tweezers, then just pulled it off and stuck it to the aluminum filter plate.

I wouldn't just use any foam in there, here's a place where you can purchase acoustic dampers by their Ohm rating.

https://www.digikey.com/products/en/audio-products/accessories/159?k=damper

I think the undamped filters are horrid, they could be well used for interrogations. They really need doubled up black acoustic dampers inside of them to keep the highs open and detailed without the excessive harshness and sibilance, at least on the Master. I'm using the gunmetal filter with two black acoustic dampers in each filter instead of the white dampers, and they sound beautifully crisp and well-defined with every genre of music, highs are very open and transparent, lows are smooth and extend quite a bit.

I wander if the filters have different dimensions between the Master/Master6/Hunter or if TA uses the same exact filters for all 3.

Jul 11, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,129 of 1,582
My filters don't have any double sided tape. They are a black tar gummy like glue so apparently they are not the same design. I rather not damage them as they are pressed in very well and sealed. I rather not damage them.

Those filters you listed are tiny little filters that are for IEM's like Westone or Ety. I have them all and they are way too small for anything that Trinity makes. I'm fine with the Gunmetal/Golds and just use EQ as it's a more controlling drastic control than filters for me.

I don't expect the PM6 to come close or match the Andromeda and would be shocked if it was similar. I'm not worried as I'm sure it won't be close by any means, but nonetheless I will give my impression after some time.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 2:28 PM Post #1,133 of 1,582
They may be physically the same but on my dampened filters what holds the white filter in is definitely not double sided tape. It is black and tar like gummy and sticky.

No the Masters and Hunters are not interchangeable. I tried and they are slightly different.

I have master and pm6. both have exactly same filters. Now, for hunters it was confirmed by Bob in one of my conversation with him. That's why I posted all three models have same filters.

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #1,134 of 1,582
I have master and pm6. both have exactly same filters. Now, for hunters it was confirmed by Bob in one of my conversation with him. That's why I posted all three models have same filters.
If you're talking about the colors and how they change the sound then yes they are the same. I don't own the PM6 so I can't speak about it but the Hunter and Master filters are different diameter. The Masters are slightly larger in diameter.

Jul 11, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #1,135 of 1,582
@bk123

Then my filters are a different batch. As I've stated my white damped filters are held in by a black gummy tar like glue. I don't know about physical size as I don't own any of the other ones so don't know to confirm. I'm not talking about size, never was, only what is inside holding the damped filters. I have no clue physical size wise and interchangeability (sorry).

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 7:32 PM Post #1,136 of 1,582
4615553.jpg

Probably just what it appears like to you, I doubt there's difference in the damper media or how it's held in. The black ring might be your black gummy tar, but it's just essentially a adhesive backed ring. Comes off easy and goes back on easy

Attachments

• 19885997_10209474842523249_157521270_o.jpg
    19885997_10209474842523249_157521270_o.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #1,137 of 1,582
well, it seems my pm4's are on it's last legs. :frowning2:

The left side keeps cutting in and out. Previously, I would just bend the pins and that would take care of it. I even taped the joint to restrict any movement, as well as prevent the cable from falling out.

Any ideas what I can try next? I'm wondering if there some electrically conductive compound I can use. If you weren't aware dialectric grease and other conductive greases are apparently actually NOT conductive, they mainly protect from corrosion.

Jul 11, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #1,139 of 1,582
well, it seems my pm4's are on it's last legs. :frowning2:

The left side keeps cutting in and out. Previously, I would just bend the pins and that would take care of it. I even taped the joint to restrict any movement, as well as prevent the cable from falling out.

Any ideas what I can try next? I'm wondering if there some electrically conductive compound I can use. If you weren't aware dialectric grease and other conductive greases are apparently actually NOT conductive, they mainly protect from corrosion.

This contact enhancer has silver particles in it. It is conductive. They warn against using too much and shorting out the connection. It might help. http://shop.mapleshadestore.com/SILCLEAR-Silver-Contact-
Enhancer/productinfo/SILCLEAR/

Other choices send them in or disassemble and fix. Fix might even mean carefully soldering the cable to the pins. Be careful if you go this route. Improper soldering could destroy the drivers.

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #1,140 of 1,582
At least you have a pair of IEMs that can break. All I have is vaporware.

Oh man..... Too funny. I feel you. I gave in and ordered a bunch of cheap chi-fi last week to restore my faith in the process of ordering something and receiving it in timely fashion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back