Superlux HD-330 experiences and discussion
Jan 2, 2016 at 7:34 AM Post #46 of 61
Can anyone be kind enough to post a picture of their headphone driver?( left side only) I fumbled with mine today and forgot to take a picture. When I reconnected them wires the drivers werent working anymore. i must have soldered them incorrectly?

Mar 21, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #50 of 61
My HD 330 left side doesnt have white thing around the speaker. right side has it i can see white when see through thin foam but left side is black and i can see few grooves. Is it something that i need to be worried or that white film is just for looks?

May 22, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #56 of 61
I'm thinking about getting one of these for a DIY project, but I need to know - are these exactly the same size as the Beyerdynamic 770/880/990? (etc etc)
I need to know, because I want to put the headband onto another headphone and if they're the same, I can just take the precise measurements off my DT790 to see if it will work.

So no measuring necessary - just need to know if it's the same or not. Cheers.

May 22, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #57 of 61
Sorry for bumping, but do i really need a dac/amp for them? I am planning to use them on laptop, phone and through my PC. Will they make good sound without amp?

Good enough with my laptop, nice iwth my iPad, sucked with my motherboard, kinda OK (ie, not bad, just not all that good) on my SGS3. Primarily using it with a Xonar U3 but sometimes for just casual listening on my desk I use it with an Ibasso D-Zero.

And totally sucks with my new Lenovo laptop, which just sucks with everything. So...I'm basically saying it's hard to tell based on the info you gave, but generally it is at least not as demanding as, say, a K701. Sensitivity is the same but at least the HD330 has a higher (but not too high, ie, not HD6x0 high, much less T1 high) impedance, has strong bass response that doesn't immediately send it into distortion on anything but the weakest smartphones (or in my case, the crappiest laptop headphone out), fits tighter than AKGs too so that's one way to help the bass (you can adjust this by bending the metal sections).

Jun 4, 2017 at 3:30 AM Post #58 of 61
I have this HD330 for several days and have been impressed with its sound. It sounds better for modern gaming or orchestral music. They sound fantastic and detailed but not irritating or muffled. This is good also for EDM. Overall this is fantastic and not inferior to other much more expensive brands. But my note is that it has no strong mids presence. A little bit weak on the mids. How to improve? any idea?

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2018 at 9:47 PM Post #59 of 61
I have this HD330 for several days and have been impressed with its sound. It sounds better for modern gaming or orchestral music. They sound fantastic and detailed but not irritating or muffled. This is good also for EDM. Overall this is fantastic and not inferior to other much more expensive brands. But my note is that it has no strong mids presence. A little bit weak on the mids. How to improve? any idea?

I know it's a late reply lol, but I did what another user suggested, if you remove the foam padding inside the cans (the foam on the grates, not the foam covering the driver) and use HM5 velor pads, they sound completely different, much more airy and mid forward

Nov 10, 2018 at 9:25 PM Post #60 of 61
if you have a pair of HD330 then take the foam off the back of the grill and if you dont like it you can always put it back.
So how do you remove it?
I couldn't find any obvious screws. There is a plastic ring that seems removable around the driver but I don't want to damage anything screwing around with it blindly.

I'm using Shure HPAEC940 velour pads and they are very nice with these cans!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back