Sennheiser HD600 or HD650 ?
May 22, 2017 at 9:47 PM Post #16 of 29
I thought I saw the name before now you're looking at Beyer's too?

May 22, 2017 at 10:12 PM Post #17 of 29
I thought I saw the name before now you're looking at Beyer's too?
It's because I'm Brazilian, and here the taxes and the dollar has sky-high prices, while in the United States the HD650 costs only $ 315.00 in my country they cost R $ 1,460.71 and that's the cheapest price, look I've already found this Same product costing more than $ 3000.00 but as those of Beyerdynamic are a little cheaper I decided to buy them even preferring those of the HD600 line, but now that the job I go to start will not happen anymore I will not be able to buy No headphones of any brand, so my dear deen thank God for not being born in a junk country like Brazil.

May 22, 2017 at 10:24 PM Post #18 of 29
Sorry don't understand " my dear deen" totally understand this is not your native language.

May 23, 2017 at 5:36 PM Post #20 of 29
Well, I'm using google translate, but I meant that you're lucky not to live in Brazil.
I got it now. Never been there sorry you dislike it so much.

May 25, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #24 of 29
I have HD650's and enjoy them very much. Ideally you would be able to trial both the 650's and 600's before making the decision, but that is hard to do. I wasn't able to either, and just took the dive on 650's based off of recommendations from people i know. I still aim to try the 600's at some point for comparison.
650's are slightly warm and a very relaxing listen, while not forfeiting any detail, and I definitely recommend them; however, I will list out the negatives I can think of to help you decide if they are right for you:
1. Sometimes find myself wishing for more sound stage as they are pretty intimate in presentation, but it isn't something I can't live with.
2. The mid-bass is a little bumped. It doesn't sound unnatural or anything, but particularly kick-drums are noticeably emphasized.
3. The sound is very reliant on the condition of the pads. Luckily Senn has a great stock of replacement parts and it is very easy to maintain your Hd6XX series headphones, but you should have the expectation that there is some upkeep. New pads will probably last around year of heavy use, and then you will need to replace them. Otherwise the driver gets too close to your ear, bass is much more elevated, you generally lose the signature sound. Replacement pads are around $50 off amazon, not terrible as an annual upkeep but a factor to keep in mind.

hope this helps :)

May 25, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #25 of 29
Replacement pads are around $50 off amazon, not terrible as an annual upkeep but a factor to keep in mind.

The Brainwavz HM5 earpads can fit over the plastic mount of the stock earpads (you have to rip out the foam and velour off a worn out pair) and then that goes back onto the earcups. I use the angled pads and they move the cymbals closer to the center and farther back. People tend to think of that as "smaller" soundstage but really, what band has the cymbals off to the flanks? Not like it's Mr. Fantastic with his stretchy arms on the drums.

May 26, 2017 at 12:35 AM Post #26 of 29
The Brainwavz HM5 earpads can fit over the plastic mount of the stock earpads (you have to rip out the foam and velour off a worn out pair) and then that goes back onto the earcups. I use the angled pads and they move the cymbals closer to the center and farther back. People tend to think of that as "smaller" soundstage but really, what band has the cymbals off to the flanks? Not like it's Mr. Fantastic with his stretchy arms on the drums.

Are the only noticeable changes with that pad swap in that region of high mids/treble? Or is the flavour of instruments other than high percussion changed as well.

May 26, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #27 of 29
Are the only noticeable changes with that pad swap in that region of high mids/treble? Or is the flavour of instruments other than high percussion changed as well.

Apart from moving the cymbals closer to a more believable location given the scaled down soundstage, the sound is also less "splashy," and by that I mean, "it's less like getting hit by water like it was shrapnel after this 500lb guy dived into a pool. It won't remove all the "sparkle" (note that mine is the angled veloud; non-angled or the leather and hybrid versions could have a bigger effect).

May 26, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #28 of 29
Apart from moving the cymbals closer to a more believable location given the scaled down soundstage, the sound is also less "splashy," and by that I mean, "it's less like getting hit by water like it was shrapnel after this 500lb guy dived into a pool. It won't remove all the "sparkle" (note that mine is the angled veloud; non-angled or the leather and hybrid versions could have a bigger effect).
Interesting, I'll have to try it out. Those pads would certainly be a more durable/cheaper replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back