Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up
Jun 7, 2017 at 5:29 PM Post #20,791 of 149,718
Yeah, pretty boring. But it comes about as we are starting up the line for Vidar, specifically the chassis prep. While we were starting up the line yesterday, I realized that we could significantly simplify assembly with a new custom part--specifically, a stamped piece to hold the transformer, rather than the "standoff/sorbothane-washer x 4" arrangement we're using. We're not going to stop the line for this new part, but I'm sure we'll end up rolling it in sometime in the future. It doesn't affect the look or performance of the Vidar...it's simply a production shortcut. Not very interesting, but indicative of the "under the hood" changes we've been doing at Schiit this year. Expect to see a whole lot more custom parts in the future--parts that help us increase performance, reduce price, enhance quality, or all 3.

I find this stuff interesting. I'd love a chapter of running changes and production shortcuts you've taken with products over the years.

Jun 7, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #20,792 of 149,718
Please make the streaming available to watch after it has ended so those of us who are working during the launch can still watch it. I believe Youtube streaming and twitch both allow this. Thank you.

Absolutely.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Jun 7, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #20,793 of 149,718
This is my next upgrade now that I have my Fiio X5iii. Yeah I know, Questyle, the interface kills that for me and the price is a bit too much. Oh, GO PREDS!

Yeah buddy - GO PREDS! Amazing how the town got behind them. They sold out every home game this year!

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #20,794 of 149,718
If there's a login password I vote for "Charmin-2"!

Jun 7, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #20,795 of 149,718
Good luck with the first live streamed ShittrSchiitShow/product launch of Vidar. Looking forward to that and to the coming announcements. Personally I'm also more interested in the video upload than the live stream.
Really hope it's not Eitr that's on the ledge. Its been awfully sparse with info on that one lately.
But I would find a chapter about all the ideas / products which we haven't heard about, and why they never came to be, very entertaining.
Tho you would probably get a lot of requests for those products. No matter how good your reasoning was for letting them go.

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:06 PM Post #20,796 of 149,718
Heck, it's the only way for us on the opposite side of the country. We can stream to our own private Schiitr's. When it goes live some might be on the Schiitr! In keeping with the festivities you will have to decorate Constanza's Schiitr for the occasion.
Still, it would be fun to plan a trip there and attend.
Constanza and I do use the same one.
I hope there's enough bandwidth for all of us.

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #20,797 of 149,718
I was hoping to have a chapter for you this week, but as I was writing it last night, it didn't seem to gel.

And this is OK. If it doesn't work, best not to force it. Beyond chapters, we've had products that never came out right, so we decided to abandon them. I'll probably give you a chapter on that relatively soon, once I know that one product is well and truly dead.

Jun 7, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #20,798 of 149,718
I was hoping to have a chapter for you this week, but as I was writing it last night, it didn't seem to gel.

...Beyond chapters, we've had products that never came out right, so we decided to abandon them. I'll probably give you a chapter on that relatively soon, once I know that one product is well and truly dead.

Then, on to some other announcements!

So long as there were no VU Meters among the still born...

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:12 AM Post #20,799 of 149,718
I vaguely remember there were some details on Vidars excact proportions somewhere...is that correct?
A link in the general direction would be much appreciated so I can make sure Vidar will fit in my rack once I finalize my buildingplan.

Jun 8, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #20,800 of 149,718
Vidar's dimensions: 9" wide, 12.9" deep, and 3.85" tall.

Two, please!

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:48 AM Post #20,803 of 149,718
You know weight too?
Might be really heavy?
(no joke, I might need to build a new rack for it)

It has gotten heavier now that he's gone with the large traditional heat sinks and based on gear that I have and know the weight of if you allow 20 pounds each you should be more than safe. It's too bad there isn't a contest "Guess the weight and win a trip to the Schiitr". My raffle ticket would be for 15 pounds 6 ounces!:beerchug:

Jun 8, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #20,804 of 149,718
It has gotten heavier now that he's gone with the large traditional heat sinks and based on gear that I have and know the weight of if you allow 20 pounds each you should be more than safe. It's too bad there isn't a contest "Guess the weight and win a trip to the Schiitr". My raffle ticket would be for 15 pounds 6 ounces!:beerchug:
Well, I'll guess 25 pounds...

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:08 AM Post #20,805 of 149,718
You know weight too?
Might be really heavy?
(no joke, I might need to build a new rack for it)
Yup...it`s gonna be much heavier than my invisible modular plan could handle.
Or if it could, it would be so costly, I would be better of buying an excisting rack.

Plan B is to talk the wife into "redesigning" and work my way into the(openly discussed) bigger budget way of doing things by making something that houses the TV as well. Thusly "saving" huge amounts of money we can "redirect" towards (her) gardening.
The future is bright.

(turns out Generation Star Wars by Alec Empire is full of clicks and little bells I never noticed before. Gungnir be praised!)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back