SACD Player with Headphone Jack?
Nov 7, 2003 at 10:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

magic168

Head-Fier
Looking for an inexpensive (read: < $300, preferably less!) with a headphone jack...I was going to get one of those Philips 763's for $89 bucks at buy, but relaized it doesn't seem to have a jack?

Thanks for any advice!

Nov 7, 2003 at 11:15 PM Post #3 of 8
If you're going to listen to SACD - you will lose all of the benefits by listening through the built-in jack of any sacd player (at least any in your remote price range).

-dd3mon

Nov 7, 2003 at 11:22 PM Post #4 of 8
You'd probably be better off without the built-in headphone jack, anyway. An inexpensive headphone amp hooked to the SACD player would probably sound loads better at a negligible extra cost.

--Chris

Nov 7, 2003 at 11:46 PM Post #5 of 8
I think that the least expensive SACD player with a decent headphone jack built-in is the Marantz 8260. I believe it puts out something like 40mW per channel @32ohms, compared to 5 or 10mW for those that may even have such a jack. But that player will set you back a grand or so for new. If you have efficient cans, and want a quality player, it might be a way to go. Otherwise, what the others have said is true.

Nov 8, 2003 at 12:13 AM Post #6 of 8
Fair enough...can anyone recommend a player and an amp? My budget is tiny, but I have a small collection of SACD's that I acquired when I used to have a Sony 333es. Maybe I should just sell them?
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back