S.M.S.L M2 DAC First Impressions
Mar 18, 2015 at 6:08 PM Post #108 of 154
This makes no sense to have to replace the eeprom, my SMSL M2 works both on Android and Ubuntu just not on Windows. Also, the seccond "e" in eeprom stands for erasable. Should be a firmware solution for fixing Windows issues. Hope this helps.

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #109 of 154
Hey sp5it,

Can you confirm if the eeprom is actually damaged or is it stuck is some weird mode. My issue started once I plugged it into a win 8.1 machine. Worked fine for 4 months on win7.

Thanks

-F

Mar 24, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #110 of 154
  This makes no sense to have to replace the eeprom, my SMSL M2 works both on Android and Ubuntu just not on Windows. Also, the seccond "e" in eeprom stands for erasable. Should be a firmware solution for fixing Windows issues. Hope this helps.

I haven't tried it on linux but out of curiosity, what error do you get for windows? My device status is 
This device cannot start. (Code 10)
STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR

Mar 24, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #112 of 154
It seems that all broken M2's had eeprom other than Atmel. (CSI mostly)
If yoy have problem with device recognition in Windows just replace chip and reflash firmware. That is the way we bring to life all broken M2 here.
Mike

Mar 24, 2015 at 4:46 PM Post #116 of 154
  Broken in Windoz, not broken in Android or Ubuntu. Thus, eeprom works. 

Maybe it's because I suck at Linux but mien did not work in ubuntu. I tried it through a VM tough..so I am not 100%.

I wonder if anyone has tried resetting the eeprom. I've head of it working for some Samsung tv's...pin 5/6 I beleive? Wonder if that is similar.

Mar 27, 2015 at 6:10 PM Post #118 of 154
Purchased a $35 Raspberry Pi2 computer with the specific goal of running the SMSL M2 off it, here is a video on the success: https://youtu.be/RF2uRVm19ps 

I used this website to help me load the Ubuntu 14.04 LTS (Trusty Tahr) image and Lubuntu desktop: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ARM/RaspberryPi

I used FLAC files, because MP3's don't run on Lubuntu due to licensing issues. FLACs are better anyway.

This small computer will work with nothing more than a 5V power supply. A playlist can be customized and run through the SMSL M2 for high quality sound output. 

SMSL M2 still doesn't work on Windoz, see previous posts here in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back