RHA DAC/AMP L1
May 26, 2017 at 11:19 PM Post #92 of 99
Hi there, I'm using an iPhone 6+ and 7+ connected via lightning to USB-A on the L1 but I keep on getting disconnected ie. sudden dropouts. Only upon a restart of the dacamp is the iPhone able to re-detect the L1. I've tried with both 6+ and 7+ and various cables but they all have the same problem. iOS is 10.3.2. Any ideas?

May 26, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #93 of 99

Coming along to Canjam Singapore or SoCal? Well this could be your chance to win a one of a kind custom Dacamp L1! Details here
I dont want to stray to far from the topic of this thread but I wouldn't be surprised to see 4.4mm become the norm eventually, I couldnt agree more with the image as of the current situation however. We will just need to wait and see I suppose!

How about making available an adapter to enable the CL1 to be used balanced with other connectors like 2.5mm TRRS?

May 31, 2017 at 4:07 AM Post #95 of 99
It is something we are looking into, We will, of course, let you know should we start producing adapters for the CL1.
that would be awsome

Jun 7, 2017 at 7:01 PM Post #96 of 99
I'm now a happy owner of the L1/CL1 combo, but I have a question...

With USB OTG, the phone is charging the L1, and I don't want that to be the case (drains very quickly!) - is there any workaround to this, or - something I have to live with?

Other than that, this is a phenomenal package for the price of entry :)

Oct 17, 2017 at 4:02 AM Post #97 of 99
I'm now a happy owner of the L1/CL1 combo, but I have a question...

With USB OTG, the phone is charging the L1, and I don't want that to be the case (drains very quickly!) - is there any workaround to this, or - something I have to live with?

Other than that, this is a phenomenal package for the price of entry :)

Hi Duncan,

The Oppo HA-2 series comes with a usb micro cable that stops the phone charging the dac. Not sure if you know someone that has the Oppo for you to test on the L1?

Dec 7, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #98 of 99
I just bought one of these from a fellow HFer. I’m going to use it mainly for the amplifier and tone controls with my less sensitive/high impedance headphones.

Anything I should know about the L1?

Also, I agree about the need for an adapter for the mini XLR input ... my balanced cables use the 2.5mm TRRS connectors. It would be great if the adapter doesn’t use a cable.

Dec 10, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #99 of 99
I like this amp. Why aren’t they still available to purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back