Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player
Jan 13, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #916 of 1,215
Hidizs AP100 Firmware 075 BETA

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37wk3X7RDSaSDBGQ3FxZUJVdHM/view?usp=sharing

Changelog (google translated) :

1, when the LO port unplugged, automatically revert to the default 30 volume.
2, more compatible coaxial device (output and input), fixes some coaxial device inserted state still will automatically shutdown problems.
3, fix some problems APE songs Caton
4, optimize battery life.
5, updated some language errors

ENJOY!

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:38 AM Post #917 of 1,215

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B37wk3X7RDSacE13Qy1vR1IzcGs/view?usp=sharing

2, more compatible coaxial device (output and input), fixes some coaxial device inserted state still will automatically shutdown problems.

ENJOY!

btw, is official support sub forum thread gone?

Thanks bro! have you tried it yet - does it have any glitches?

Jan 13, 2016 at 10:56 AM Post #918 of 1,215
Jan 13, 2016 at 3:15 PM Post #919 of 1,215

ENJOY!

Cool!

Can I ask, how has this beta even come about? I mean is it leaked from Hidizs themselves or is it fanbased? The reason I'd like to know is I have a couple of feature requests :D
One main thing that I think seems to be lacking is the ability to clear the Favorites playlist, unless I missed something, it's a slow and painful one at a time deletion process.
I's also like the ability to turn the screen upside down (like Rockbox). 

Also, has anyone done a battery test on this thing yet, running different firmware?

EDIT: Also does that it mean that because it's in Beta there are more features to come, or does it mean it's just being tested by the broader AP100 community before Hidiz throw it up on their website?

And also also, can I roll back to previous firmware's easily enough?

Jan 13, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #920 of 1,215
Ok, dumb question here, why would anyone use the coaxial in or output on the AP100?

I get the headphone out, and lineout (which i use when connecting to my car amp), but what uses can u use the coaxial in and outputs on the AP100? It's a feature I haven't tried out yet :S

Jan 13, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #921 of 1,215
Ok, dumb question here, why would anyone use the coaxial in or output on the AP100?

I get the headphone out, and lineout (which i use when connecting to my car amp), but what uses can u use the coaxial in and outputs on the AP100? It's a feature I haven't tried out yet :S

Well I have neither the AP100 nor the Mojo but the Mojo only offers digital inputs so you would need the coaxial output to interconnect.

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:45 PM Post #922 of 1,215

ENJOY!

Cool!

Can I ask, how has this beta even come about? I mean is it leaked from Hidizs themselves or is it fanbased? The reason I'd like to know is I have a couple of feature requests :D
One main thing that I think seems to be lacking is the ability to clear the Favorites playlist, unless I missed something, it's a slow and painful one at a time deletion process.
I's also like the ability to turn the screen upside down (like Rockbox). 

Also, has anyone done a battery test on this thing yet, running different firmware?

EDIT: Also does that it mean that because it's in Beta there are more features to come, or does it mean it's just being tested by the broader AP100 community before Hidiz throw it up on their website?

And also also, can I roll back to previous firmware's easily enough?

Hidizs seems to has a group of community in china that very active, one of the member is a guy from hidizs itself. From what i discover, after hours digging & google translate their chinese forum, i got the link for betas which shared only for baidu (popular chinese forum name) members before hidizs posts on official website.

About playlist i don't know, i never use playlist haha.

And for coax in, yes it works. I tried with my onboard PC audio and fiio e10k. For coax out u dunno, my external amp was broken :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jan 13, 2016 at 7:51 PM Post #923 of 1,215
@Bruce,

Coaxial is needed if you like to add an dac / desktop class amp or even home audio setup. Digital out digital out ensures you to have clean sound output.

if you want to use digital coax out to your car, you need to buy a 12v car preamp with coax support, it's usually cheap for under $50.

Anyway, yes you can upgrade/downgrade firmware anytime.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #924 of 1,215

ENJOY!

Awesome, thanks a lot! Installing it right now.

Cheers,
K

Jan 15, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #925 of 1,215

ENJOY!

Thanks for the firmware, the "automatically revert to the default 30 volume" is really great. 
However, I don't know why, I feel this firmware audio quality is not as good as the 071 one. I'm using  CKR9ltd.

Jan 16, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #926 of 1,215
Guys I have encountered a slight problem for me, thought I'd post here to see what ideas/solutions any of you might have.

I was listening to my AP100 the other day, shuffling all, when I came across a song I was happy to continue with, what I mean is to take shuffle off for awhile and listen to the remaining songs on that album that come after the current song being heard.
Problem with toggling off Shuffle in this regard is that the next song played is not the next track in the album but the next song file name (in the entire song library), therefore it's pretty 'random' in a way what comes next even with shuffle off.

I was thinking of ways to get around this. Even if I renamed all my files so that my 4000 or so songs on the DAP would start 0001 0002 etc, that doesn't guarantee success because the way AP100 sorts the 'Play All' or 'Songs' is id3tag, I would have to edit the id3 song tags to being 0001 xxxx 0002 xxxx 0003 xxxx etc.

And then what about new albums that get added, you'd have to edit entire collection all over again... nope this isn't a solution.

So then I thought about playlists, and today I had minor success in that regard. Using Winamp I was able to create a 4000+ playlist and sort the playing order to being album based.
But I am confronted with ****ty loading times and lock ups.

Adding even just a single playlist file to AP100 = a refresh of library, that's about a 5min wait time before boot up/usable with a 4000 track database.
Then clicking on that 4000 track playlist takes the sametime, about 5mins till the first track plays.
And then my experience was that after the first track it just locked up (didn't even hear the next track being played).

It looks as tho playlists are out, I am going to have to reorder my sd card I think to having my files out of folders and 0001 0002 0003 etc in front of each file. I should be able to find some software that can easily manage this task, and then perhaps have the artist and album info as well as track name in the file to help naviagation as well.

So for example, instead of 01 All The Love In The World, the file will now read 0001 Nine Inch Nails - With Teeth - 01 All The Love In The World etc.

Anybody done anything like this before? Think this will work?

My issue is with new music, I will have to do it again and find a way for the 0001 0002 0003 etc to be quickly and painlessly changed when new music is added. At least this way I face only a database refresh (which I'd have anyway).

My initial thinking of how to actually do all this is to make a playlist in winamp or foobar that allows me to structure the playlist flow to being artist>album>song, then export playlist, and then use a special program to generate new files in that order with numbering (such as Amok Playlist Copy)...

Will let you know how I go.

Jan 16, 2016 at 9:34 PM Post #927 of 1,215
hi to all, first time to post here. My AP100 is just 3 weeks old and would like to ask if anybody encountered this.
When connected to LO->Cayin C5 my SRC does not have effect on sound quality regardless of which mode I choose.
But once I go to settings then turn OFF and then ON the LO Control option, SRC works. That is when changing SRC
mode, quality also changes and the best mode I have encountered is 24/192.
What is puzzling is when I turn off my AP100, once turned on SRC does no effect again unless I switch OFF & ON
the LO Control option again. I have tried this on firmware 69 to 75beta. Same on all firmware. I can live with it but
I just wanted to know if anybody here encounters this situation. Thanks in advance.

Jan 19, 2016 at 4:55 PM Post #928 of 1,215
  I recall seeing what looked like a bubble on mine. I searched for ages for some edge to peel in some corner but wasn't successful. In the end I called up the dealer to ask if their demo unit came with one installed, to check in case something was wrong with my actual screen, he said his did come with one preinstalled. So i went back and checked super thoroughly again and lo and behold there was a corner I could get started on the peeling off and voila!
I'm sure they all come preinstalled with a screen protector, it's just super dooperly well done (except on mine with the small teeny bubble lol).

You're absolutely right... I stand corrected on my "no screen protector installed" comment earlier. I looked very, very closely at the AP100 screen and noticed a teensy bubble at the edge. Some strong tape over a corner of the screen started to pull off the protector. Yay! Now the surface is just smooth, shiny glass as I like it. I'm not a fan of screen protectors for DAPs either. They just sit on my desk while playing and I've never had any damaged screens through the years and across devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back