Philips SHP9500 Discussion Thread
Mar 13, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,382 of 2,061
Yup.  The first time you pop off the earpads it requires a bit of muscle.  It does loosen up though so removals should be easier after you get them off once.

Mar 13, 2017 at 8:57 PM Post #1,384 of 2,061
After you take them off once, you get used to it; it just feels worse than it really does like you'll break the thing.

Unfortunately for me, I haven't actually taken them out of the box for a few months now as I didn't find an occasion to use them. I still have to find some pads I want to use too.

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:03 AM Post #1,385 of 2,061
I bought shp9500s a week ago, but I noticed that it could have a better sound on my Nexus 5x (cleaner). Which dac/amp low budget recommend? I have found topping nx2 and Fiio k1. Used them?

Mar 18, 2017 at 6:21 PM Post #1,386 of 2,061
I'm really enjoying the fiio q1 with the shp9500. it's a nice dac/amp that's very versatile and can be used in several different ways. I use it as a dac/amp with my tablet and phone and as an amp alone when connected to my google audio chrome cast. it also has a low/high gain switch and nicely implemented bass boost switch that's not overdone and adds a nice oomph to the much needed shp9500 bass. It's really clean and quite when no music is being played even though i have it up at very high volume. I guess you could say it has a nice black background. You should def. give it a look.

Mar 20, 2017 at 6:05 AM Post #1,387 of 2,061
Well, my review is finally done and posted. Sorry I did not do any comparisons with my other headphones. I may add that later on, but this will have to do for now.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/philips-shp9500/reviews/18245

Hope you all enjoy the read!

Mar 22, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #1,388 of 2,061
  Well, my review is finally done and posted. Sorry I did not do any comparisons with my other headphones. I may add that later on, but this will have to do for now.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/philips-shp9500/reviews/18245

Hope you all enjoy the read!

Very nice review! You are not the first one to point out sweating issue and as someone who has sweat problem, I am somehow not having that problem(yet).   

Mar 25, 2017 at 9:49 AM Post #1,390 of 2,061
  I still miss my Shp9500........

Did you remember my review on them?

http://www.head-fi.org/products/philips-shp9500/reviews/15881

Yours was one of the reviews I read before I picked mine up . Just for kicks , I decided to do some comparisons with a couple in my "arsenal" , namely , the AKG K240 MK II . So far , I'm not sure what to think .

Mar 30, 2017 at 5:01 PM Post #1,392 of 2,061
So I wrapped HM5 leather pads at a 30 degree angle (like elf ears bent backwards) on my shp-9500, and I got a type c cable to mini usb cable for my original schiit fulla 1, now there is no static since it has a clean power (compared to standard USB which was staticy), the bass is vibrating with no EQ now, it hits nice and low even on EDM... I am enjoying this can more than my HD650's, Beyerdynamic T90's, and ZMF Vibro MKII's... stock the shp-9500 are lacking a lot... but wow I am shocked at how good these are now.

stock with fiio K1 amp/dac is perhaps one of the best budget combos I have ever heard though for that price range (if you can't afford or don't have a type C connection, and yes type C is needed for original FUlla 1, it sounds loads better than standard USB)

great combo.  cheers everyone, my fulla 1 and shp-9500 will be joining me to 7 different countries in europe  (my fulla 1 has better imaging/soundstage than my fulla 2 now ever since the type c connection as well) blows my mind.  type C is the future my friends, not sure why but it just amazing imo, better standards for consistent 5v output maybe? I am not sure but wowza amazing.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,394 of 2,061
SHP9500s has been out for some time now.  Philips said on their forums that it's the same headphone, just different cable and no 1/4" adapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back