oBravo Earphones and Headphones Land in UK
Mar 20, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #241 of 498
  Great review!  Photos and content are thorough and professional.  My initial impressions of my EAMT-1c are actually quite similar.

The EAMT1c for bass though is a completey different animal in my opinion. There is another lower level of bass that is apparent on that model that isn't on the ERIB1. No Idea how/why when all you get is another 10kHz on the top end. :S

Mar 20, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #242 of 498

The EAMT1c for bass though is a completey different animal in my opinion. There is another lower level of bass that is apparent on that model that isn't on the ERIB1. No Idea how/why when all you get is another 10kHz on the top end. :S

Good point!  And I agree.  In fact, after reading reviews indicating that bass was all about quality and not quantity on these, the biggest surprise to me was the thunder down below when the music called for it. Tight and beautifully natural decay to my ears.

Mar 24, 2017 at 6:07 PM Post #243 of 498
Listened to a few of the oBravo range today at headroom and was very impressed by them. Started with the ERIB-1. The wood version was a bit too warm for my taste and the ceramic had a bit too much treble energy for me (although was marginal). Unfortunately they didn't have the aluminium as they are meant to be more neutral and sit in the middle of the other 2. From what I heard with the ceramic I suspect that I would have really liked the aluminium.

Then moved onto the EAMT-2 ceramics which took things to the next level, but again marginally too much treble for my liking. Fortunately they had the aluminium of this model. Wow, really blown away by them, great detail and sounded so natural. They just got out of the way and the music took over. Could have sat there for hours listening to them.

Next up was the EAMT-1. The bigger driver of the 1 made them sound a bit thicker to me and took away a bit of the clarity i liked with the 2.

Don't think I can call the 2 the star of the show as also heard the Orpheus and Shangri-la. Also really liked Noble encore and focal utopia.

Mar 29, 2017 at 8:54 AM Post #244 of 498
Still playing with my EAMT-1c, and I'm starting to feel that insertion depth plays a big part in the sound.  I've tried, so far, comply T500's and spiral dots with them.  Comply's sounded better originally, but I think it is because I wasn't pushing them deeply into my ears and the foam thickness was keeping the iem placed in a more shallow position in my canal.  Loved the spiral dots once I stopped pushing them in as deeply as I might with other iems.  In my opinion, shallow placement makes them sound like full sized headphones, deeper insertion makes them sound slightly muffled and congested.  Is that the experience of anyone else?

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:05 PM Post #246 of 498
  Yup these are very susceptible to different tips and insertion levels. TBH I don't like it too deep. Loses the space and airiness that is so awesome with the oBravo earphones.

Any tips in particular you think I should try that have worked best for you?  I'm always interested in experimenting.  Thanks!

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #248 of 498

For the moment, I love the comply whilst using ERIB1 but the Voodoo tips for the EAMT1

What are the voodoo tips?

Apr 3, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #250 of 498
Kind of a dead thread here, no doubt due to the cost and small amount of marketing of the Obravo line, but I have to say that I've finally found the proper depth insertion and seal using JVC spiral dots to get the sq I was looking for.  Sound is phenomenal, like a totl over ear open can, and I can't imagine preferring another iem over this for a good long time.  Granted they are finicky in getting the proper fit, but when you do, they are airy, coherent, and nicely balanced.  Still trying to see if  I can have a custom cable terminated properly, and though the connectors are very well done and secure, I wish they had not chosen to use such proprietary mmcx connectors.

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:14 PM Post #252 of 498
Did you ever get the balanced cable?

Marketing will change soon.

Haven't gotten a balanced yet, but I have a cable maker trying to fit the connectors I got from David Teng on a balanced silver litz cable I have.  Biggest reason I'm trying a custom cable is that I prefer a 1.5 meter cable, plus I'm curious what a silver cable would sound like with them.  Don't know if it will work yet, as the mmcx connectors have tiny openings to push wire through.

Apr 3, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #253 of 498
Haven't gotten a balanced yet, but I have a cable maker trying to fit the connectors I got from David Teng on a balanced silver litz cable I have.  Biggest reason I'm trying a custom cable is that I prefer a 1.5 meter cable, plus I'm curious what a silver cable would sound like with them.  Don't know if it will work yet, as the mmcx connectors have tiny openings to push wire through.
please let me know the sound. Interesting to know. Yeah David sent us 20 connectors for customers.

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #254 of 498
  Kind of a dead thread here, no doubt due to the cost and small amount of marketing of the Obravo line, but I have to say that I've finally found the proper depth insertion and seal using JVC spiral dots to get the sq I was looking for.  Sound is phenomenal, like a totl over ear open can, and I can't imagine preferring another iem over this for a good long time.  Granted they are finicky in getting the proper fit, but when you do, they are airy, coherent, and nicely balanced.  Still trying to see if  I can have a custom cable terminated properly, and though the connectors are very well done and secure, I wish they had not chosen to use such proprietary mmcx connectors.

TOTL flagship full size open cans - that's exactly how it feels with ERIB1C.  Selection of eartips is important for a good seal and security to keep them in your ears, and true - takes a bit of tip rolling but the reward is priceless!  I actually ended up using UE900 original silicone tips, they are more springy and firmer in my ears (I got a damn wide earcanal opening, always use the largest tips).

With marketing, actually Phil does a lot of it on FB and other social media channels.  But due to so many different models and price variation, it could be difficult for people to make up their mind.  I hope there will be more oBravo representation at audio shows, especially local US CanJams (I assume, Moon-audio should take a lead on that).  I would have loved to test all the models at CanJam NYC.

Apr 3, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #255 of 498

please let me know the sound. Interesting to know. Yeah David sent us 20 connectors for customers.

Phil, you can make the cable headache go away with a simple mmcx to oBravo connector short interconnect adapter
wink.gif
  Let people play around with their own collection of aftermarket balanced and single ended cables and let them compare it to a stock cable.  No need to change the design of the current shell, just add a short interconnect to go from oBravo proprietary mmcx connector to a universal one.  Boom!  Done!
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back