New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
May 29, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #511 of 1,364
Hi guys, first post ever here ^^
Can I charge my Z1 using my phone charger? Or should I only do this with usb and laptop?

Phone charger should be ok, but I find that if your charger outputs 1A or higher, both the charger and Z1 get too warm for my liking (it will obviously vary depending on your local weather, for me it is currently 25-30C).

If I use 0.5A charger then the Z1 does not give off any heat but will take longer to charge (nearly 3hrs when the battery is empty).

May 29, 2017 at 8:47 AM Post #512 of 1,364
Thank You very much. I have one more question: I plugged Z1 in and after a while of charging, the blue back light (not the "status" one) switched off, so I thought that the player is already charged. I switched it on and played some music but the Status LED is blinking... is it normal? Shouldn't it not be blinking and only blink when battery is low?

May 29, 2017 at 9:03 AM Post #513 of 1,364
Thank You very much. I have one more question: I plugged Z1 in and after a while of charging, the blue back light (not the "status" one) switched off, so I thought that the player is already charged. I switched it on and played some music but the Status LED is blinking... is it normal? Shouldn't it not be blinking and only blink when battery is low?

That is the normal behaviour, the status led will blink when playing music, if paused then led will be solid blue, there is no indicator when battery is low, it just shuts off.

May 30, 2017 at 8:44 AM Post #517 of 1,364
Yup mate, I get it, but wouldn't it be more logical to let the LED flash during pause/stop? And solid blue while playing? IMO yes :wink:

Might be conserving power.

May 30, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #518 of 1,364
I've been thinking about the possibility of swapping the current "Hold" switch, for a 2-pole switch that would allow me to turn Off the Status LED, when switched to Hold mode.
Finding a tiny 2-pole switch with the same footprint, and slide actuation, as the current switch, may be a bit tricky.

May 30, 2017 at 10:02 AM Post #520 of 1,364
I've been thinking about the possibility of swapping the current "Hold" switch, for a 2-pole switch that would allow me to turn Off the Status LED, when switched to Hold mode.
Finding a tiny 2-pole switch with the same footprint, and slide actuation, as the current switch, may be a bit tricky.

It's out there somewhere I assure you. Maybe try ITT Switches, or Switchcraft.

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #521 of 1,364
Is there any cables in Zishan's packing because i cant find any info on aliexpress ?

At least a USB cable for charging. Other accessories depend on the shop. I recommend this one. It has a case.
HTB1jSWWQFXXXXXtapXXq6xXFXXXe.jpg

May 30, 2017 at 10:38 AM Post #523 of 1,364
One question: I've seen in a Pawn shop the Beyer DT990 pro at 85€. First of all, is it a good price¿ And the second one, do you think that the Zishan Z1 will be able to drive the DT990¿¿

May 30, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #525 of 1,364
Does anyone have a link in aliexpres for a micro usb M/M cable or even better micro to usb type-c m/m cable ?
penonaudio has one for $3.50,
One question: I've seen in a Pawn shop the Beyer DT990 pro at 85€. First of all, is it a good price¿ And the second one, do you think that the Zishan Z1 will be able to drive the DT990¿¿
I tried the 770version from a friend on the zishan. I felt like it was nice. Can go to very loud levels. The bass was big. The miss recessed but I wonder if it's the sound signature of the headphones itself. I'd think it should be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back