New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2017 at 7:49 PM Post #1,381 of 1,792
Last edited:
May 23, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #1,382 of 1,792
The "Click to expand..." option in quotes is hardly visible due to the blue on grey color scheme (same goes for followers on profiles) and sometimes it doesn't show at all.
This is in our list of planned changes.

When I mouse over on the forum header there is no option for NEW THREADS, this is much more useful than the NEW POSTS option which already is there. Could this be added please?
I'll bring this suggestion to our development team. In the meantime, you can locate new threads using the advanced search. https://www.head-fi.org/f/search/?type=post

Can I change my default font? I'm not a fan of this...courier new. Greatly prefer a cleaner font like arial. Thanks.
We're looking into possible font changes.

May 24, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #1,385 of 1,792
I noticed the thread starter label shows in the first post of a thread, but not in any subsequent posts by the thread starter. It showed sometime after the site update, but stopped showing again.

I also noticed that the field for text on profiles is thinner now. Wonder why...

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #1,391 of 1,792
Any idea how we search threads? There used to be search tools.

In the search box at the upper right select 'Search this thread only'

May 25, 2017 at 3:04 AM Post #1,392 of 1,792
So far I'm liking the new color scheme and return to a sans serif font by default. Things are looking good. The banner still doesn't fit; however, I trust the design improvements will continue alongside the bug fixes, so I'll just wait for whatever the final result ends up being.

The breadcrumb bar at the top and the second to last page icon are back to being cut off, though. I seem to remember these issues being briefly fixed. The former only happens when you click on a thread in your feed that has updates (i.e. it's in bold text and takes you to the first unread post). If you go to a thread that doesn't have unread posts, you're taken to the first page and the breadcrumb bar is intact. You can navigate to any page thereafter and the bar will stay intact.

Significantly, the URLs are different:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-93
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-head-fi-update.845500/page-93#post-13509444

The second one has the cut off breadcrumb bar. It seems that appending a specific post number causes the issue somehow. Clicking on the first link above (which has intact breadcrumb bars) and then clicking on a specific post number will reliably create the issue.

May 25, 2017 at 3:16 AM Post #1,393 of 1,792
In the search box at the upper right select 'Search this thread only'

Ah that makes sense. I must've missed that white text on a light gray background because I use that search bar often and never noticed it was there. Thanks!

May 25, 2017 at 10:13 AM Post #1,394 of 1,792
Fonts and color schemes look much better now. Thanks!!
Thanks, and we're still refining the look. I like where the design team has gone with the new font choices.

Head-Fi even has measures to detect out-of-date browsers and inform you of that. I discovered this today when logging in on an old computer.
Yup. This feature is mostly about bringing possible browser security vulnerabilities to the reader's attention, but outdated browsers can also break the formatting that we've been coding. Some older browsers don't support HTTPS, for example.

The light blue quotes are pretty.
They're also easier to read than the dark gray we were using previously. I prefer the blue as well.

The banner still doesn't fit; however, I trust the design improvements will continue alongside the bug fixes, so I'll just wait for whatever the final result ends up being.
We have some new banners in development that we'll be rolling out before long. They match the feel of the site better than the current ones do. There's still some more work to be done on them, but once they're ready we'll push the update.

The breadcrumb bar at the top and the second to last page icon are back to being cut off, though. I seem to remember these issues being briefly fixed.
Yup, it was resolved briefly, but after we fixed another bug this one returned.

It seems that appending a specific post number causes the issue somehow.
That's exactly the cause. We fixed it once before, so we shouldn't have too much resistance doing it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back