New Forum Tips and Tricks!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2017 at 11:17 PM Post #31 of 66
How do I delete private messages, the drop down window don't have that action. I thought I had deleted them before, but now they are back with the new software.

Well on the desktop version, just click the select box for the one(s) you want to delete and a contextual menu will pop up. There's a dropdown list for "Other actions" and delete is one of them.

temp.JPG

May 1, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #32 of 66
How do I go to "classic mode" to revert this nightmare?

May 1, 2017 at 9:07 AM Post #33 of 66
I don't understand: In the management of my Alerts, in the chapter "Receive an alert when someone", I UN-marked booth :
  • Replies to a watched thread
  • Attaches a file to a subscribed thread
But.... I still receive an email each time someone replie to a thread I watch !!?
Ironic; I want to get those and I'm getting about 5% of them posted to my e-mail.

May 1, 2017 at 9:23 AM Post #34 of 66
Well on the desktop version, just click the select box for the one(s) you want to delete and a contextual menu will pop up. There's a dropdown list for "Other actions" and delete is one of them.

There is no delete option. I think you mean "Leave" right?

May 1, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #35 of 66
May 2, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #37 of 66

Nope delete is not there!

May 3, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #38 of 66
I don't understand: In the management of my Alerts, in the chapter "Receive an alert when someone", I UN-marked booth :
  • Replies to a watched thread
  • Attaches a file to a subscribed thread
But.... I still receive an email each time someone replie to a thread I watch !!?
I am seeing the same behavior. The results is every subscribed thread on every post, I get an email. It is way too much volume. After unchecking the email notification for all threads, is there anything else I can do?
Bring back the daily digest in one form or another.

May 3, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #39 of 66
I am seeing the same behavior. The results is every subscribed thread on every post, I get an email. It is way too much volume. After unchecking the email notification for all threads, is there anything else I can do?
Bring back the daily digest in one form or another.

An email and an alert are two different things. Alerts show up in the alert section (https://www.head-fi.org/f/account/alerts) while emails are sent to you.

I haven't messed with the email settings yet, so someone may know an easier fix than I do, but you can unsubscribe from a thread and then re-subscribe, selecting "without receiving email notifications" in order to get those thread emails to stop.

Subscription Emails.PNG

May 4, 2017 at 12:03 AM Post #43 of 66
Where are the links to our photo albums supposed to be now? I think it's a little silly having to rely on Google search to find mine - but at least they are still there, thank you mods/admins.

May 4, 2017 at 8:29 AM Post #44 of 66
An email and an alert are two different things. Alerts show up in the alert section (https://www.head-fi.org/f/account/alerts) while emails are sent to you.

I haven't messed with the email settings yet, so someone may know an easier fix than I do, but you can unsubscribe from a thread and then re-subscribe, selecting "without receiving email notifications" in order to get those thread emails to stop.

I will check this out. Thanks. Also will post back on the results.

May 4, 2017 at 8:36 AM Post #45 of 66

forum 1.jpg

This is the setting that I am talking about. I have unchecked the "and receive email notification" box on every thread.
I am not sure where you were when you captured the image that you provided. I would hope that unchecking the box for email notification would turn them off. It does not work that way, at least for me.

EDIT: The problem is that my browser does not display the second radio button .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back