MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 - $199 Dynamic Driver Flagship *Reviews 2nd Post*
Apr 16, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #2,791 of 3,265
  I'm predicting a fall in headphone prices soon. Not because of anything negative, more like companies are showing how overpriced a lot of products really are. 

I agree with that one mate.

Let's be frank though, $200 is still quite a chunk of change to be throwing at a set of IEMs. There are a lot more sensible things to do with that money. But as far as IEMs alone are concerned, the P1 is damn good value for money

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:38 PM Post #2,792 of 3,265

Let's be frank though, $200 is still quite a chunk of change to be throwing at a set of IEMs. There are a lot more sensible things to do with that money. But as far as IEMs alone are concerned, the P1 is damn good value for money

Considering there are $2000 IEMs floating around out there, the price-to-performance ratio here is pretty amazing. 

As for "sensible," this is Head Fi, are you saying that it's more "sensible" to throw the money at over-ears or an amp?

Apr 16, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #2,793 of 3,265
  Considering there are $2000 IEMs floating around out there, the price-to-performance ratio here is pretty amazing. 

As for "sensible," this is Head Fi, are you saying that it's more "sensible" to throw the money at over-ears or an amp?

Nope, I mean it's more sensible to spend that on getting your car service, rent, groceries, saving, etc :-D

But yea, as far as an audio hobby alone goes, the P1 would be towards the top of the sensible list

Apr 16, 2017 at 11:11 PM Post #2,794 of 3,265
  Nope, I mean it's more sensible to spend that on getting your car service, rent, groceries, saving, etc :-D

But yea, as far as an audio hobby alone goes, the P1 would be towards the top of the sensible list

So why are you here? Clearly, you should be putting the money you spent on all your equipment in your savings account. 
rolleyes.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #2,797 of 3,265
:cool: Sorry I'm of little help here. I have no reason to use use a Mic as I would never use a phone as a music source, that's just my thing. I like dedicated DAPs. But I can tell you, I LOVE these P1's!!!!  They have quickly become My 2nd Favorite IEM.

The P1 is VERY good, The quality is outstanding so I have no doubt the Cable with the Mic on it is stellar as well.

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

I'm struggling after listening to the p1s for a while going back to other iems!!

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #2,798 of 3,265
I'm struggling after listening to the p1s for a while going back to other items!!

I'll gladly take one for the team. pm'd you my address, that way you can go back to rest of your beloved collection and not look back.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #2,800 of 3,265
what's your criteria? (aka take out your wallet, credit cards, extra spare kidneys...this is the ultimate head-fi experience!)

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #2,801 of 3,265
Haha. Not sure why but I'm still looking at various chi fi iems, and what to get next.

I've been going back and forth between getting the Oriveti New Primacy and the iBasso IT03 next. To be clear, I will buy them both eventually, but either way it would be my last purchase for a while as I rebuild my audio funds. The reason I can't decide is that I can't decide if I should go with the Oriveti since it's similar to the P1 I love so much or go with the IT03 since it's different than the P1 sound. Hard to say.

Which particular chi-fi IEMs were you looking at?

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #2,802 of 3,265
I've been going back and forth between getting the Oriveti New Primacy and the iBasso IT03 next. To be clear, I will buy them both eventually, but either way it would be my last purchase for a while as I rebuild my audio funds. The reason I can't decide is that I can't decide if I should go with the Oriveti since it's similar to the P1 I love so much or go with the IT03 since it's different than the P1 sound. Hard to say.

Which particular chi-fi IEMs were you looking at?

I actually was looking at the new primacy, but went for the p1 instead.

Already have a few (tennmak. Memt etc). Looking at the urbanfun HiFi as I don't have a hybrid, and maybe a sub $50 BA Iem as I don't own one! (Brainwavz b100 possibly)

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:10 PM Post #2,803 of 3,265
Why am I struggling to get a decent fit with these?  I've tried foam and the silicone ones (all sizes) and can't get a decent fit.  Same issue I've had with iems in the past.  Is there a secret to getting them in properly?  I'm doing the reach behind the ears bit.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #2,804 of 3,265
Why am I struggling to get a decent fit with these?  I've tried foam and the silicone ones (all sizes) and can't get a decent fit.  Same issue I've had with iems in the past.  Is there a secret to getting them in properly?  I'm doing the reach behind the ears bit.

Thanks

I use the included triple flanges and get a good fit / isolation.

Are you using them overear or down? I find down isn't a good for me.

Apr 20, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #2,805 of 3,265
I actually was looking at the new primacy, but went for the p1 instead.

Already have a few (tennmak. Memt etc). Looking at the urbanfun HiFi as I don't have a hybrid, and maybe a sub $50 BA Iem as I don't own one! (Brainwavz b100 possibly)

Nice! I've had the Tennmak and KZ's on my radar for a while. I am a little skeptical at their prices, but they are also not a major investment. The GranVela, I'll have to check out. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews on the Brainwaz, so I have ventured into that one. There is also some interesting stuff coming from TFZ, too. I have also been really tempted by the MaGaosi K3 Pro, some of the reviews claim it's an incredible value.

Frankly, though, I just want to see a new flagship from MEE. At the P1 price-point, there is very little that competes with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back