Looking for a Headset for classical music
Aug 21, 2014 at 7:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GustavMahler

Flipping items bought from members on Audiogon.
Aka: GradoLove, Kamilion, opencan, TheBigMuse
Hi, I am a classical musician. I would like to buy a not to big and clumsy headset (it tends to look ridiculas on me) with real sound, in short-I want it to sound like i am sitting in the concert hall. I want to hear every instrument clearly yet not with a thin sound. I prefer the headset to be half sound proof, meaning that i still can hear if someone is calling me, but that's not necessary. the budget is around 50 bucks but it's flexible if you have something very recommeded. Since i am from Israel, It has to be available on ebay with free/low cost shipping to Israel.  Thank you very much!

Aug 21, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #2 of 7
  Hi, I am a classical musician. I would like to buy a not to big and clumsy headset (it tends to look ridiculas on me) with real sound, in short-I want it to sound like i am sitting in the concert hall. I want to hear every instrument clearly yet not with a thin sound. I prefer the headset to be half sound proof, meaning that i still can hear if someone is calling me, but that's not necessary. the budget is around 50 bucks but it's flexible if you have something very recommeded. Since i am from Israel, It has to be available on ebay with free/low cost shipping to Israel.  Thank you very much!

Good headphones in the $50 price range, Superlux HD681 EVO.

Aug 21, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #4 of 7
  Thanks! Do you have any more suggestions? I can even compromise on 100$ if it is worth it.

For a closed headphone, Takstar Pro 80s.

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #5 of 7
I know it may sound silly, but are those two headphones  really good? Because i need really good headpest that i will able to hear clearly all the instruments. If i need to increase my budget for that, tell me please. Thanks

Aug 22, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #6 of 7
  I know it may sound silly, but are those two headphones really good? Because i need really good headpest that i will able to hear clearly all the instruments. If i need to increase my budget for that, tell me please. Thanks

My best sounding headphones are the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X (closed) headphones, $520.
Plus you might need a DAC/Amp to bring out a headphones best, I use a $300 Audio-GD NFB-15.32 DAC/Amp.
So much are you willing to budget for good sound?

Aug 22, 2014 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 7
About 125$, even 150 if it makes a whole difference. By the way i am afraid to buy expensive headphones because in all of the headphones i owned the pin got ruined somehow and  i couldn't hear at all anymore or only in one side. Is there a way to prevent it? Is it less likely to happen with good and expensine headphones? Is there a way to fix it? Thank you very much for all your help :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back