1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Looking for a Headset for classical music

1. GustavMahler
    Hi, I am a classical musician. I would like to buy a not to big and clumsy headset (it tends to look ridiculas on me) with real sound, in short-I want it to sound like i am sitting in the concert hall. I want to hear every instrument clearly yet not with a thin sound. I prefer the headset to be half sound proof, meaning that i still can hear if someone is calling me, but that's not necessary. the budget is around 50 bucks but it's flexible if you have something very recommeded. Since i am from Israel, It has to be available on ebay with free/low cost shipping to Israel.  Thank you very much!

2. PurpleAngel Contributor

Good headphones in the $50 price range, Superlux HD681 EVO.

3. GustavMahler
    Thanks! Do you have any more suggestions? I can even compromise on 100$ if it worths it

4. PurpleAngel Contributor

For a closed headphone, Takstar Pro 80s.

5. GustavMahler
    I know it may sound silly, but are those two headphones  really good? Because i need really good headpest that i will able to hear clearly all the instruments. If i need to increase my budget for that, tell me please. Thanks

6. PurpleAngel Contributor

My best sounding headphones are the Audio Technica ATH-W1000X (closed) headphones, $520.
    Plus you might need a DAC/Amp to bring out a headphones best, I use a $300 Audio-GD NFB-15.32 DAC/Amp.
    So much are you willing to budget for good sound?

7. GustavMahler
    About 125$, even 150 if it makes a whole difference. By the way i am afraid to buy expensive headphones because in all of the headphones i owned the pin got ruined somehow and  i couldn't hear at all anymore or only in one side. Is there a way to prevent it? Is it less likely to happen with good and expensine headphones? Is there a way to fix it? Thank you very much for all your help :)