L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?
Jul 19, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #152 of 4,419
What App are you using from your smartphone? Try HibyMusic (free) assuming it's Android. On my DAC (LH Labs Infinity) I am using USB Audio Player Pro. Neutron MP is good also.

Jul 20, 2017 at 11:28 AM Post #154 of 4,419
Need an app that can directly communicate your DAC through OTG. Try the said apps from google play.

Jul 20, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #155 of 4,419
Woa! I followed Bobb tips to simply isolate the USB metal shell away from the main chassis as Bobb found that it is Galvanically isolated, but the shell is touching the main chassis ground.

I just had electrical tape from Homedepot, took off the back plate and wrap the female USB metal body with it to isolate it away from the main chassis, and the sound performances vastly improved.

I am using Pure Silver USB cables with my Stax 009 and the much quieter background with better treble details are obviously observable. Definitely the most simple "modification" that net in "huge result"

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #156 of 4,419
I am looking at the LKS MH-DA004 and have some questions for owners. I am new to Digital, so would like to know if this is a user friendly DAC, good for a beginner and if it can do the following:

1) Use CD player, Onkyo C7030 as a transport only device and connect it to a DAC

2) Stream Spotify or Tidal

3) Itunes

4) Connect Iphone to play music bluetooth or wifi

Thanks

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #161 of 4,419
From what I've heard, and that's from a pretty solid source, this DAC is supposed to be in the high-end audio forums... I'm sort of pulling the trigger the next few days

Edit: Seems like something is going on regarding this DAC, everyone was there at first, then everyone went elsewhere, what goes?

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 4:59 PM Post #162 of 4,419
From what I've heard, and that's from a pretty solid source, this DAC is supposed to be in the high-end audio forums... I'm sort of pulling the trigger the next few days

Edit: Seems like something is going on regarding this DAC, everyone was there at first, then everyone went elsewhere, what goes?
Yeah not much more info on this Dac in a while. Tempted too.

Aug 1, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #163 of 4,419
Couple of us did give some impressions

What's the chance of you bringing some more people to this discussion?
Just so you know, I've read on the russian forum (When researching about this DAC) people talk about you that you are very indecisive as in, can't decide what is a good setup and keep changing stuff, even what is considered good now like SR-009/Utopia you may very well switch soon for a better alternative.
I'm not saying this for nothing, I'm wondering what you think how long will LKS MH-DA004 will last in your setup? Seems like for the price point, you're putting it in with headphones and equipment of much higher price range...

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 7:42 PM Post #164 of 4,419
What's the chance of you bringing some more people to this discussion?
Just so you know, I've read on the Russian forum (When researching about this DAC) people talk about you that you are very indecisive as in, can't decide what is a good setup and keep changing stuff, even what is considered good now like SR-009/Utopia you may very well switch soon for a better alternative.
I'm not saying this for nothing, I'm wondering what you think how long will LKS MH-DA004 will last in your setup? Seems like for the price point, you're putting it in with headphones and equipment of much higher price range...
Lol, it is not that I am indecisive, but I only try to be as simplistic as possible. Stax 009 is by far the best I can have, but it gotta be stationary only which is very limited uses. The alternative for me is Utopia that is maxed out that I can stationary with, or be On the go with. But the question is....why would I want to stay stationary with Utopia while having the Stax.

Lately, the pricing of these gears are out of the mind blowing, so I am tired of desktop systems and want to be portable only....cables that cost 3-4k....headphones that cost 6-8k.....when will it ever stop though

Regarding 004. It is a very good DAC, and is hard to beat at the price range. Technically speaking, it is priced very well worth it

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 7:45 PM Post #165 of 4,419
But you still haven't explained about how long are you going to keep your LKS 004 for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back