Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jun 27, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #18,526 of 63,916
What tips should I order for these? Chatter ITT saying the stock tips make them sound overly bassy. Comply T-400 or Spiral Dots, you reckon? (I would say Spinfits are an option but I'm totally done with Trinity's bullsh*t.)

Jun 27, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #18,527 of 63,916
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #18,528 of 63,916
Hi guys
After having many problems with the ZS3 such as the memory wire sucking balls (I stripped it out), the pins bending and then me eventually putting them through the washing machine lol.
I need a replacement (My backup ATE's cable is gonna rip off) so I now super confused as to which I should get.
ZS3 again? ZST? Piston Hyrid Pro? ZS5?

I just need what will sound the absolute best for my music of which I will give you some samples of:

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #18,530 of 63,916
What tips should I order for these? Chatter ITT saying the stock tips make them sound overly bassy. Comply T-400 or Spiral Dots, you reckon? (I would say Spinfits are an option but I'm totally done with Trinity's bullsh*t.)

I've tried tip rolling with the Spiral Dots, Spinfits, FitEar Triple Flange and several models of Comply tips and finally concluded that the Comply T400 M size (one size smaller than my regular L size) sounds the most balanced to me. YMMV because by the end of the day, it depends on what kind of sound signature you're after. As for me, I prefer a more neutral/balanced sound and less U or V shaped sound signature.

Jun 27, 2017 at 12:00 PM Post #18,533 of 63,916
Main page of the shop, they were one of the few taobao shops who had the ZS5 earlier than KZ's own tmall shop
https://kzerj.world.taobao.com/shop/view_shop.htm?shop_id=390304274

Silver cable
https://world.taobao.com/item/539839181317.htm

KZ BT module
https://world.taobao.com/item/548524162549.htm
The
BTW gold cable for ZS3/ZS5 still not yet available, while the ZST/ED12 one is double the price now...

Thanks ordered 4 extra pure silver and copper cable from the same chap. See how it goes. I got better customer service than an American brand headphones Enough is enough.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #18,534 of 63,916
I've tried tip rolling with the Spiral Dots, Spinfits, FitEar Triple Flange and several models of Comply tips and finally concluded that the Comply T400 M size (one size smaller than my regular L size) sounds the most balanced to me. YMMV because by the end of the day, it depends on what kind of sound signature you're after. As for me, I prefer a more neutral/balanced sound and less U or V shaped sound signature.

Oh yeah it's definitely YMMV but I've a much better idea of what works and doesn't for me than I did even a year ago. I'll go for the T400s as they're easiest for me to get a hold of at the moment.Thanks!

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:26 PM Post #18,536 of 63,916
I asked the usual taobao shop where I get my KZ stuff from, they say max volume continuous play can reach 3hrs or so for the KZ BT module, available for ZST/ED12 and ZS3/ZS5. BTW supposedly the newer BT module is now BT 4.2, vs 4.1 of the initial batch which I think they recalled due to low battery life and connectivity issues. I will get a ZST one to try...

Anyway of telling which batch I have?

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:36 PM Post #18,537 of 63,916
image.jpg image.jpg
Do you know if the BT module is aptx compatible?

Well, the box says Bluetooth 4.1 and no mention of APTX

Th manual says 4.2, APTX, HFP, HSP, AVRCP, A2DP and 3-4 hour working time.

So not sure which to believe.

Do apple products support APTX?

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #18,539 of 63,916
Jun 27, 2017 at 5:39 PM Post #18,540 of 63,916

Well, the box says Bluetooth 4.1 and no mention of APTX

The manual says 4.2, APTX, HFP, HSP, AVRCP, A2DP and 3-4 hour working time.

So not sure which to believe.

New version is supposed to be a solid 3-4 hours.

Not sure in your case. True, the 4.2 is the "new version", but with the box saying 1 thing and the manual saying another there's no telling what you received.

Does it say anything on the little control box? Might be a clue there, as sometimes manufacturers have a serial number or model number you could look up, and other times they print what bluetooth version it's using. I know it says "KZ" and some other stuff printed, but I just can't remember what the other stuff said from the photo someone posted.

Also, I know on a Mac when you connect to something Bluetooth you can somehow look at the properties of the connection and it will tell you the Bluetooth version and whether you are using aptX or not. I've seen a number of people discussing this method on the Cayin N3 thread. So that would be 1 way to definitely tell.

Another method would be to pop apart the control box with a spudger tool and just look at what chipset it has installed. That's what I'm planning on doing once my cable arrives.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back