JRiver Media Center 21 -- Ready To Go
Sep 11, 2015 at 12:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 168

BeatsWork

1000+ Head-Fier
Dammit - now I can't wait to get home
confused_face.gif

Good day,

We have begun the next development cycle of JRiver Media Center and we hope you can be part of our progress.  If you purchased an MC21 upgrade, thank you for your support of our work.  If you haven't upgraded to JRiver Media Center 21, you can still get an upgrade at a discount.   

MC21 is Now Available
Early builds of MC21, suitable for daily use, can be found on our Download Page.  Download MC21, install it, and restore your license if needed.  Instructions

Changes So Far
On Windows, you will find a new built-in EPG for TV, additional support for audiophile features, Doctor Who, our new playlist backup and sharing system.  On Mac and Linux, you can expect full support for image management and playback.  We're also working on versions of MC for QNAP and for Android.  More New Features

Why Do People Choose JRiver?
We asked and you told us.  It was very nice to hear.  Thank you.

Switching from Apple and Microsoft
A steady stream of people looking for alternatives have found JRiver.  Because WMC is not available for Windows 10, many are former Windows Media Center users.  We're grateful for all of these new users.

Did You Miss the Discounted Upgrade?
If you haven't upgraded to JRiver Media Center 21 yet, this is your last chance to get an early bird discount.

Please stop by the forum to say hi.

Best regards,

JRiver

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:14 PM Post #4 of 168
Support for just about anything you could imagine in audio or video. What specifically?

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 168
I'm referring to the update notes. What features have been added, exactly?

Ah, sorry. Didn't catch that.  Not a lot but they do say "early build suitable for daily use" so it's not the final upgrade clearly ...

Audio
Added sample rates of 705600 and 768000 in the output format dialog.  

Added 4x DSD delivered as DoP.  

Doctor Who playlist improvements.

Video
NEW: Volume Leveling uses the additional Headroom provided by Internal Volume for a more consistent experience on highly dynamic tracks or when downmixing.  Discussion

Images
Touch screen support.  Pinch to zoom.  Double click to zoom.

Television
Improved setup

EPG Integration

Remotes
JRemote is now on the Android Play Store as well as the Apple App Store.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:08 PM Post #8 of 168
  I have the older version and will give this a test run on my Mac Mini and report back,

As the 1st note played I knew I was in for something special. It was if a veil had been lifted even from my lowly 16 bit FLAC files. I have never experienced such transcendent articulation of micro detail and decay. Finally I have a an audio player worthy of my cryoed .5m 100% silver USB cable… In other words – haven’t noticed much yet ….

Sep 12, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #10 of 168
Off Topic .....Hmm intersting....... I have a new DAC coming in THE Beast from Misterrogers, what is the cable you speak of ???

You realize I was joking right? For the record I use Schiit cable - solid quality, reasonable price. Plenty of other threads beating USB cable impact to death ....

Oct 25, 2015 at 7:52 AM Post #15 of 168
Can you be more descriptive of problem? 

The message I'm getting is...

None of the tracks can be transferred.
Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types.

This applies whether I try to upload files to the phone's internal memory or the SD card. I tried converting from FLAC to other formats and get the same response each time. It's very frustrating as I already have a lot of FLAC on the card, which I can access.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back