In ear help needed
May 26, 2017 at 6:30 PM Post #16 of 27
etymotic hf5, jays, maybe the hifiman re-400.
maybe music one

Don't know , have to check out reviews and think about it more, as the reviews of the previous lists of the behind the ear wiring and in ear special fit like the shures were very very bad imo.
I'd be going much steps back compared to my on the road momentum headset atm...

Last edited:
May 26, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #17 of 27
etymotic hf5, jays, maybe the hifiman re-400.
maybe music one

Don't know , have to check out reviews and think about it more, as the reviews of the previous lists of the behind the ear wiring and in ear special fit like the shures were very very bad imo.
I'd be going much steps back compared to my on the road momentum headset atm...
Don't know where the positive reviews come from on the RE-400's but I thought they weren't that good at all that is just my opinion but also the opinion of the owner of them. I think what you need to do is buy a pair of KZ-ATE's and the Comply tips T 500 is what I use and they have a multi pac of different sizes so you can pick the size you need. The tips will cost more than the iem's but just trust me it is worth it to know your size. The ATE's are very good for like 12 or 13 dollars. This way you can get a reference point on what you want. I wear my ATE's for a 8 to 9 hour day with no problem. In the morning I listen to talk radio in the afternoon is music. It is a fairly cheap experiment.

May 27, 2017 at 7:16 AM Post #18 of 27
ok. I think I do believe in those comply earbits.
currently looking at these headphones:
focal sphear
sennheiser momentum m2 IEi
1 more triple driver in ear headphones
rha t10i
beyerdynamics dx160 ie / idx 200ie
v-moda forza
klipsch reference x6i
B&O beoplay h3

I did look at the buying guide here, but I somehow think it's outdated. I usually used that list as reference, for normal headphones over ear or on ear, but somehow it looks like the in ears on there aren't refreshed with new models and some on there that get merrit get very bad reviews , even on head fi!

Does anyone have other IE that are worth it? Or an IE that stands out from that list? I saw that the RHA has such a model that I was look at earlier. I see the 1 more triple gets mentioned a lot. The sennheiser momentum on ear that I currently have makes me really happy. Need to look at reviews on the sound of them all and see if one stands out that I would wanna buy.

May 29, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #21 of 27
My list changed, (https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/help-with-comply-ear-tips.851159/)
Looking at the westone w10 and the fender fxa2. I was also looking at the sennheiser ie80 as it looked like I could get em for 190, but that reseller is not trustworthy reading from the more then 1000 reviews on them.
From those two, the fender, according to the reviews, comes closest to the sound I like. The westone is not that pronounced in the lows.
Also, I can get the fenders from a reseller that I buy all my audio production hardware from, instruments, etc. They have a proper return policy and would be able to return the IEMs if I don't like em, in 60 days.
https://www.bax-shop.nl/live-in-ear-monitors/fender-fxa2-pro-in-ear-monitors-metallic-black

May 29, 2017 at 6:47 AM Post #22 of 27
Alright, just ordered the fender fxa2, they'll be delivered in the evening :D
I also ordered the mixed pack t200. I know myself, I'm gonna eternally wonder how the other sizes will do. I'm gonna figure out what size will fit me best (probably medium) then order the comfort+ in that size.
I did read indeed that they only last for a certain amount of time. 3 comfort+ for about 20 bucks will last 6 months then, that'll be alright :D

May 29, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #23 of 27
I also ordered the mixed pack t200. I know myself, I'm gonna eternally wonder how the other sizes will do. I'm gonna figure out what size will fit me best (probably medium) then order the comfort+ in that size.
I did read indeed that they only last for a certain amount of time. 3 comfort+ for about 20 bucks will last 6 months then, that'll be alright :D

Did you check if anyone has used the FXA2 with the T200 tips? Because you have to worry about TWO ways to fit an eartip - first is your ear canal, which is why you got the mix pack, and second is whether the bore of the IEM is only slightly smaller than the bore on the IEM. If the bore on the tips is too large then obviously it won't stay on. If the bore on the tips is too small, then even if you stretch it out by using tweezers like forceps it might not work properly. You either tear the eartip or if it's long enough, the end that doesn't have the rigid bore keeping the rest of the tube stretched will close retract over that tube, reducing treble and midrange response.

May 29, 2017 at 11:22 AM Post #24 of 27

Did you check if anyone has used the FXA2 with the T200 tips? Because you have to worry about TWO ways to fit an eartip - first is your ear canal, which is why you got the mix pack, and second is whether the bore of the IEM is only slightly smaller than the bore on the IEM. If the bore on the tips is too large then obviously it won't stay on. If the bore on the tips is too small, then even if you stretch it out by using tweezers like forceps it might not work properly. You either tear the eartip or if it's long enough, the end that doesn't have the rigid bore keeping the rest of the tube stretched will close retract over that tube, reducing treble and midrange response.
Assuming the FXA2 has the same bore size as the FXA5 (they look the same), then you would need to use Comply 400 series tips.

May 29, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #26 of 27

Users who are viewing this thread

Back