Help with comply ear tips
May 28, 2017 at 10:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

BuckyOH

New Head-Fier
(started a new thread as my old thread didn't get spotted anymore, different questions now as well :D, don't know if ppl are ok with that)

Alright, narrowed my choice down to two in ears:

Westone W10
Fender FXA2
Maybe, the Sennheiser IE80

I tend to favor the Fender the most.

I want to buy comply foam tips with it. They're a bit hard to get in the Netherlands. I know I need the 200s. I can't find a mixed pack with small, medium and large. I'll phone the shop but I guess I'm gonna buy the mediums first and hope they're the good ones.
What I still don't know, is which ones to get. Are the isolation ones a lot less comfortable for long listens as opposed to the comfort ones?

Amp: Would it be worthwhile to get a fiio a1 or k1?

Player: Would it be worthwhile to switch to a fiio m3 or x3II instead of my phone?

May 28, 2017 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 5
Tips: I generally prefer the comfort ones. To be honest they are all comfortable but I find the comfort one easiest to use. They also don't go as deep as the isolation ones.
Amp: I don't recommend getting an amp with the IEM you selected. Your money would be better spent buying a better IEM.
Player: As mentioned above, your money is better spent if you pool the money you had allocated for the amp/player into your IEM funds.

May 29, 2017 at 12:12 AM Post #4 of 5
I found a mixed pack: https://www.mediawinkel.eu/comply-t-200.html
Am I gonna do those or take a chance and order mediums? Comply says mediums is what the majority is gonna use.

That sounds like a good way to try them out though they don't last very long so you got to keep that in mind. For me, a pair only last about 2 months max before they start to tear and lose their ability to compress properly. Medium should be fine if your ear canal are too small as they compress anyways but if your ear canals are too big, they won't fit properly.

Last edited:
May 29, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #5 of 5
Alright, just ordered the fender fxa2, they'll be delivered in the evening :D
I also ordered the mixed pack t200. I know myself, I'm gonna eternally wonder how the other sizes will do. I'm gonna figure out what size will fit me best (probably medium) then order the comfort+ in that size.
I did read indeed that they only last for a certain amount of time. 3 comfort+ for about 20 bucks will last 6 months then, that'll be alright :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back