iFi Audio iOne official thread - There can be only one!
Jun 23, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #151 of 454
And its a great products too even without the exchange :)

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #152 of 454
I was having major issues with connecting my iOne to my Desktop before the Creator's Update. I tried 3 different cables, 8 different USB ports. Trust me i did waste a lot of time over it. I could never get it to work and it was being used on my laptop. After the update it has been working flawlessly on the Desktop and i must say i am liking it more and more each day. As it has been rightly pointed out the SQ is not warm at all, more so for me as i have a Cambridge Audio Amp which is known to be bright.

Do you need to install any ifi driver to make it work on win10 creators edition?

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #153 of 454
Do you need to install any ifi driver to make it work on win10 creators edition?

I'll be honest when i installed the ifi audio driver on win 10 it still hadn't upgraded to Creator's Edition. However as far as i remember on a friends laptop (Win 10 Creator's Edition) when i was testing the iOne i did install the 2.26 audio driver provided on their website.

Jun 24, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #155 of 454
If I dont need BT, is nano-iDSD and better purchase SQ wise? As an older product, I am also I bit worry about the compatibility with win10 creators edition.

SQ wise compared to? I can assure you mine is working flawlessly on Creators Edition (USB).

Jun 24, 2017 at 10:26 PM Post #157 of 454
i haven't heard the iDSD yet so i am afraid i can't comment.

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:41 PM Post #159 of 454
I probably will buy the iOne. Should I buy the Nano iUSB too as I always have doubt that the USB port from the laptop provides enough juice for the iOne.

That's entirely your choice. though not a necessity would be a great addition.

Jun 27, 2017 at 6:52 AM Post #161 of 454
I started using it now as I was tired last night. It is running fine on win10 creators edition with latest driver.

However, I noticed the LED is still green when playing DSD64 using Music BEE. How to fix it? Thanks.

Edit: I changed to Waspi in Music Bee and it turned to yellow (because of 88kHz?)

I tried ASIO, I get the error "An unexpected error occured: Object reference not set to an instance of an object".

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #162 of 454
That's because of 88 Khz. And 96 both turn to yellow.

Jun 27, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #164 of 454
Yes, I think so.
I can't get it to play (nice) DSD natively. Already tried MusicBee (tbh not sure if it can play DSD natively), JRiver and Foobar.

Seems ASIO is broken as all 3 give an error if I use ASIO and I have to use WASPI.
i haven't successfully used ASIO and have never felt the need to leave WASAPI. May i suggest you try foobar and see if it works. I have tired JRiver and it is working for me.

Jul 3, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #165 of 454
Installed Ubuntu Studio 17.04 with low latency kernel and the iOne plays really well using Clementine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back